Thread: Michigan Town Forces Man To Sell Car Collection

Michigan Town Forces Man To Sell Car Collection

http://jalopnik.com/a-michigan-town-...ars-1797608865

at a rate of 20 per month. He's in violation you know. Tons of pictures:

If anybody wants to buy me a VW, or really any of the cars....(maybe not the Saabs) I'd totally appreciate it.

I would love this:

Here’s an extremely rare Dodge Dakota Sport Convertible (one of under 4,000 ever built!):

http://jalopnik.com/a-michigan-town-...ars-1797608865

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My guess is that somebody wanted to buy some or all of his cars at fire sale prices.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    My guess is that somebody wanted to buy some or all of his cars at fire sale prices.
    Comments say that the township wouldn't have cared 25 years ago. Back then lots all had to be at least 5 acres and people left each other the hell alone. But the town council discovered growth and now they're turning into a real town.

Here's a video:

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Comments say that the township wouldn't have cared 25 years ago. Back then lots all had to be at least 5 acres and people left each other the hell alone. But the town council discovered growth and now they're turning into a real town.
    No faster way to lose personal freedom than to have a bunch of $#@!s move in around you.

This is why I have turned into an immigration "hawk".

All ya'll, $#@! off, country is full, move your asses elsewhere.

I'd build the ugliest damned warehouse I could build on the lot and put all the cars inside. That way he's in compliance with the garage-kept requirement, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Most municipalities have such ordinances also.
    Probably enacted to get a feddle grant, much like the similar ordinance in our little town of 300 or so. They selectively enforce the one here, pestering my neighbor to hide his cars and leaving me alone. Of course, my unlicensed vehicle was here before the ordinance... I wonder if this fellow could say the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Here's a video:
    That sounds very familiar.
    "The Patriarch"

So they have some kind of township council that decides this ?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    country is full
    The country is nowhere close to full, especially in comparison with the rest of the world.
    https://www.indexmundi.com/g/r.aspx?v=21000

They are following U.N. Agenda 21 goals.

Now Pushing U.N. Agenda 2030 with Social Engineering of the Elderly
    http://canadafreepress.com/article/n...of-the-elderly

With the help of the American Planning Association, grants reach municipalities that are in dire straits financially, distributing them to struggling communities, grants that came with strings attached such as “visioning consensus,” the vision of a third, unelected government tier, composed of the United Nations and non-profit foundations that promote the interest of globalists and wild animals over the interest of the local humans.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    The country is nowhere close to full, especially in comparison with the rest of the world.
    https://www.indexmundi.com/g/r.aspx?v=21000
    Right, go peddle yer papers to this poor bastard getting harassed by newcomers.

And to the millions of others just like him.

You want urban squalor, move to Bombay.

They probably thought he would cave and get a business license, so they could tax him and others on keeping trucks for parts. Lots of towns are becoming dogmatic in their codes, as more Mexicans pour in, but the city hall aren't cleaning the towns they're just plundering what they can until their terms are up. Its all about over-taxing the people so the social engineers can spend out the ass, and when reelection begins say they've "balanced the budget," "fought corruption," and "cleaned the neighborhoods." Its got nothing to do with any of that, however.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    They are following U.N. Agenda 21 goals.

Now Pushing U.N. Agenda 2030 with Social Engineering of the Elderly
    http://canadafreepress.com/article/n...of-the-elderly
    Something similar's been going on in Lafayette. Our biggest, oldest mega-church is taking grant money to renovate houses in the original suburbs, then moving their own congregants into the houses in the name of Jeebus. Get out you evul poor, the power of Christ compels us to steal! These sorts of federal grants completely undermine Home/Dillon's Rule law, by tethering municipalities to "free" money.

Right, go peddle yer papers to this poor bastard getting harassed by newcomers.

And to the millions of others just like him.

You want urban squalor, move to Bombay.
    Indeed. We could run way off topic with this but on the whole, the more populated an area becomes, the greater the loss of freedom. —Not necessarily overpopulated, but just, growing.

Georgia recently legalized fireworks again (the fun ones), but unless you lived in a suburban area, you probably didn't see much difference after the ban was repealed. People in rural areas have been smuggling in and shooting off fireworks of all kinds for years, ban be damned. People in the cities aren't allowed to shoot fireworks indoors and can't legally set them off on streets or sidewalks, so for sheer lack of anywhere to launch them, they still can't enjoy them, lol.

Like the OP says, 25 years ago, 200 cars in a yard would have been a non-issue, but then the guy got . . . neighbors.

F'k people, am I right?
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 09-20-2017 at 08:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Like the OP says, 25 years ago, 200 cars in a yard would have been a non-issue, but then the guy got . . . neighbors.

F'k people, am I right?
    Not only that, he got liberal neighbors. Ann Arbor is as blue as they come, and the area this guy is in is one of the places they're sprawling to. There is almost certainly much hand-wringing and heartfelt anguish over the fluids that old cars can leak.

Not only that, he got liberal neighbors. Ann Arbor is as blue as they come, and the area this guy is in is one of the places they're sprawling to.
    I wonder why huwite libruls are fleeing cities and their suburbs... I thought they were the friends of minorities and middle-class folks.

Last edited by Raginfridus; 09-20-2017 at 09:31 AM.

Michigan ya say !?

I was born there,, and after both misfortune and success I returned years later,, Bought a home. Got arrested,,abused. Got out.

Reminded me why I left.

CODE ENFORCEMENT is the same everywhere,,and like the rest of Authoritarian Bureaucracy,, it is getting worse.

observation of a homeless man.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I'd build the ugliest damned warehouse I could build on the lot and put all the cars inside. That way he's in compliance with the garage-kept requirement, lol.
    My township has limits on detached garages, would have to get that attached to the house. You can have a max of 2200 square feet with 2 outbuildings. Unless it's ag, the right to farm act in Michigan means ag gets away with almost anything. He should say that pickup truck is for farm work...
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

sweet...

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

And in a state built on motor vehicles, too. What a shame.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

All ya'll, $#@! off, country is full, move your asses elsewhere.