Thread: David Sainsbury -Lord Why I believe in the welfare state

David Sainsbury -Lord Why I believe in the welfare state

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...hropy-benefits

David Sainsbury, thinks that charity can't be a substitute for welfare.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

If you're going to post garbage, you could at least include a quote.

More feel good mumbo jumbo:

His main advice to new philanthropists is to do the homework. “First of all decide what it is you really care about and want to change. Because if you’re clear about that then you’ll be prepared to put in the effort of understanding what the issues are in that particular area.”

And his second is not to go in with fixed ideas. “Don’t try and draw up a great plan of what you’re going to do, because you don’t know,” he says. “Just fund some small projects in the area, then follow them very closely and see what works. Two or three years later you will know who the good guys are in that field, who is doing interesting stuff and what the problems are.” Only then, he says, can you start to effect true change.

Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/society/...hropy-benefits

David Sainsbury, thinks that charity can't be a substitute for welfare.
    Well that settles the issue then. Great work! Just one question, who the $#@! is David Sainsbury?

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    Just one question, who the $#@! is David Sainsbury?
    Lord Sainsbury of Turville, that's eehhhwww
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Lord Sainsbury of Turville, that's eehhhwww
    Color me impressed. I guess I should rethink this whole liberty thing then.

Just one question, who the $#@! is David Sainsbury?
    Somebody you are supposed to worship. Please, continue your prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Somebody you are supposed to worship. Please, continue your prayers.
    Yes, sir. I am beginning to understand. If the Duke of Turdville says that welfarism is the way to go, who am I to disagree?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, sir. I am beginning to understand. If the Duke of Turdville says that welfarism is the way to go, who am I to disagree?
    Exactly. These issues should be of no concern for your little brain and wallet.

And his second is not to go in with fixed ideas. “Don’t try and draw up a great plan of what you’re going to do, because you don’t know,” he says. “Just fund some small projects in the area, then follow them very closely and see what works. Two or three years later you will know who the good guys are in that field, who is doing interesting stuff and what the problems are.” Only then, he says, can you start to effect true change.
    Funny, that sounds like the market, contra central planning.

Can't argue with a British accent.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

honest relationships that bless the giver and the receiver > theft by a third party with zero accountability because they use aggression and not love in the first place.

It's all pretty complicated.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Can't argue with a British accent.
    Truth. Mmmmm, quite right, good sir. Pip-pip, cherrio and all that haberdash!

Folk here don't mind the work houses I'm sure, exploitation and greed. Deluded fantasy of charity solves the problems that welfare does.

Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    Folk here don't mind the work houses I'm sure, exploitation and greed. Deluded fantasy of charity solves the problems that welfare does.
    Why do we need welfare at the current volumes? Isn't this a proof something is truly $#@!ed up?

Depends on where you live, in the UK its going to be different than some other European countries, or what is available in America.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.