Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In U.N. speech, Trump threatens to ‘totally destroy North Korea’ and calls Kim Jong Un ‘Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    a conflict or campaign utilizing psychological means to unsettle an opponent or to destroy morale
    Would China allow it? If it would, would it be necessary at all?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    You seem to be completely ignoring what he said there, i.e. self defense and hopefully not necessary.

"The United States has great strength and patience, but if it is forced to defend itself or its allies, we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea. Rocket man is on a suicide mission for himself and for his regime. The United States is ready, willing, and able, but hopefully this will not be necessary."

Ron Paul has spoken about the Just war theory. The theory has several criteria that could very well apply to the North Korea situation. The North Korea Regime is most certainly a public evil that needs to be confronted. Or are you suggesting complete Pacifism and North Korea can do whatever they want?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_w...ust_war_theory
    Making threats against Korea will convince them that they really do need nuclear weapons- it won't convince them to give them up. If the goal is to disarm North Korea, he is reducing his option to actually using military force on them (not that other options actually exist other than accepting the fact that they have nuclear arms). It makes war even more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Would China allow it? If it would, would it be necessary at all?
    I don't know how China can get mad at psychological warfare. I would definitely put all my money on whatever company makes those defensive ballistic missile systems.

You seem to be completely ignoring what he said there, i.e. self defense and hopefully not necessary.

"The United States has great strength and patience, but if it is forced to defend itself or its allies, we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea. Rocket man is on a suicide mission for himself and for his regime. The United States is ready, willing, and able, but hopefully this will not be necessary."

Ron Paul has spoken about the Just war theory. The theory has several criteria that could very well apply to the North Korea situation. The North Korea Regime is most certainly a public evil that needs to be confronted. Or are you suggesting complete Pacifism and North Korea can do whatever they want?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_w...ust_war_theory
    You seem to be completely ignoring that we, the United Bases of Murka, in conjunction with our illegitimate regime in Ukraine, gave Kim Jong Un the missile parts!

C'mon people, where have we seen this $#@! before?

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Sad. Nobody actually discusses issues anymore. Who cares that Trump threatened to completely destroy an entire country? The forum is officially dead.
    You know the only reason you aren't banned is you literally paid to stay here, why do you torture yourself with your perpetual futility on RPF ???

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Riiiiiiiiiiiggghhhhttttt.......

I'm a snowflake if I would like to see honest discussion instead of constant attacks on certain messengers.
    Zippy is his hate-crush; don't be a killjoy.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    Zippy is his hate-crush; don't be a killjoy.
    Oh, right- sorry!
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    You know the only reason you aren't banned is you literally paid to stay here, why do you torture yourself with your perpetual futility on RPF ???
    How about a raise, boss?

Making threats against Korea will convince them that they really do need nuclear weapons- it won't convince them to give them up. If the goal is to disarm North Korea, he is reducing his option to actually using military force on them (not that other options actually exist other than accepting the fact that they have nuclear arms). It makes war even more likely.
    Then let Kim Jong Un come to the UN and say he will only act in self defense, make his case to end the conflict on the Korean Peninsula once and for all. Nope, he still fancies himself a god on earth, and the emperor of the entire Peninsula.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Then let Kim Jong Un come to the UN and say he will only act in self defense, make his case to end the conflict on the Korean Peninsula once and for all. Nope, he still fancies himself a god on earth, and the emperor of the entire Peninsula.
    Meet the new salesman same as the old salesman, this is just a war on nerves to sell guns https://youtu.be/CxExNGXrtnI?t=219

Some of you are so into the Trump hating you have no idea what is going on here. Trump is throwing out the most outrageous thing he can think of because he is willing to deal down. It is his consistent game plan, and I can't believe some people are not catching on.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Some of you are so into the Trump hating you have no idea what is going on here. Trump is throwing out the most outrageous thing he can think of because he is willing to deal down. It is his consistent game plan, and I can't believe some people are not catching on.
    I hated this policy when it was Clintons. It was leaked in her emails.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hated this policy when it was Clintons. It was leaked in her emails.
    A Great Nuclear Deal Made With North Korea In 1994

There's really nothing like entrapment is there?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

How about a raise, boss?

Did you talk with Soros yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Every time someone intimates that taking down NK would be some kind of cakewalk, acting like they have some kind of knowledge about the situation, I am unsure whether to laugh or cry...

Zip, have you not been watching North Korea shoot bombs toward Japan? Pal, that's about as clear a threat as can be made anywhere. Granted North Korea is pretty small potatoes, but not when you look at the leviathan that is China just to the north. I cannot imagine that the people who surround and protect him see that impotent little worm as any kind of world power. There is something else propping him up. The sabre rattling has to stop. Kim Jong Un is a pernicious little turd, and he needs to cut it out.
    Well, its not like Japan hasn't be giving the US military to the authority to use its airfield to fly deadly bombers over its territory and lets not forget all the war games practices on how to take down their military conducted right outside its borders.

Also, "shooting missiles over Japan" could mean missiles flying over the ocean near Japan, essentially there is virtually no way NK can test a missiles into the ocean without it going over someone's territory.
    Last edited by juleswin; 09-20-2017 at 10:02 PM. Reason: so many errors to count :)

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Every time someone intimates that taking down NK would be some kind of cakewalk, acting like they have some kind of knowledge about the situation, I am unsure whether to laugh or cry...
    Cry. Cry for yourself and your children; cry for the thousands of American pawns that would be injured or killed; cry for the thousands of innocent South Korean civilians (many of whom are children) who would die; cry for the thousands of innocent North Korean civilians (many of whom are not Kim Jong-Un) who would die; cry because most of the American electorate is ok with all this death and destruction; and cry because it is nearly inevitable when even those who claim to understand Ron Paul are begging for the red horse, and will cheer on the rainbow of equine malice right along with their neocon twins, all the while shouting "war is peace!" Cry.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Zip, have you not been watching North Korea shoot bombs toward Japan?
    Which direction should they launch their missiles? Toward the east, in the direction of empty ocean and the United States?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Which direction should they launch their missiles? Toward the east, in the direction of empty ocean and the United States?
    uh I don't think they should fire their mickey mouse rockets over anyone's populations? Would you light fireworks made in north korea over your property?

uh I don't think they should fire their mickey mouse rockets over anyone's populations? Would you light fireworks made in north korea over your property?
    That's essentially telling them and all other developing countries that they can never have a space program.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

All I can say is thank the Lord we didn't elect Hillary. That sociopathic bitch would have us on the verge of war by now.
    Be careful when you pry my gun from my cold dead hands, the barrel will be hot.

That's essentially telling them and all other developing countries that they can never have a space program.
    There's a difference between developing ICBM/NUKES and space rockets. Just because we did both at the same time doesn't mean that its necessary. We wouldn't care if they were threatening to put a NK flag on the moon, they are threatening to attack us and our allies with nukes.

Quote Originally Posted by chudrockz View Post
    All I can say is thank the Lord we didn't elect Hillary. That sociopathic bitch would have us on the verge of war by now.
    Agreed.

Even with her losing, her followers think we are already at war with Russia.

Sanctions aren't an act of war?
    You could say that. I see sanctions more as stupidity ( or diabolical craftiness) that leads to war. IMO war is when you are either shooting or hiding in a bunker and it occupies the attention of the nation more than which Kardashian is getting his wiener snipped off.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    You could say that. I see sanctions more as stupidity ( or diabolical craftiness) that leads to war. IMO war is when you are either shooting or hiding in a bunker and it occupies the attention of the nation more than which Kardashian is getting his wiener snipped off.
    I didn't say that Ron Paul did.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I didn't say that Ron Paul did.
    That's fine. What I posted is what I said.

They are kind of surrounded by Japan- they don't have a lot of directions they can fire a long range missile test without it being towards some country. South or West? That goes towards Taiwan or China. North? That is also China and a bit of Russia. East or south? Japan or Guam or Phillippines- US allies.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast