Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Food Stamp" beneficiaries decline every month since Trump took office

Exclamation "Food Stamp" beneficiaries decline every month since Trump took office

Again, credit where due, even if it was only based on bluster and bull$#@!.

Food Stamp Usage Has Fallen Every Month of Trump Presidency

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...mp-presidency/

by KATHERINE RODRIGUEZ18 Sep 20170

Food stamp usage has declined every month since President Trump took office in January, according to the latest U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) statistics on food stamp enrollment.

Participation in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) dropped to 41,310,785 in June 2017, the latest data available from the USDA, from 42,691,363 in January 2017.

Food stamp usage has been on a steady decline since Donald Trump began his presidency in January 2017, with the latest data showing that SNAP enrollment decreased by more than 1.3 million, or 3.23 percent, since the beginning of his term in office.

A closer look at the data shows that food stamp usage has been consistently decreasing each month since January 2017.

Here is the breakdown of how many people dropped off the food stamp rolls each month of 2017:

January to February- 408,956
    February to March- 95,152
    March to April- 521,295
    April to May- 176,527
    May to June- 178,648

The most significant drops in enrollment took place from January to February and March to April.

The two months where SNAP participation dropped the most can be attributed to states that started reimplementing work requirements to receive food stamps around that time.

Georgia, for example, expanded work requirements in 21 more counties that went into effect starting April 1, 2017. The state began implementing work requirements in a handful of counties in January 2016.

Alabama fully implemented work requirements in all of its counties by January 2017.

Many policies at the federal level have also contributed to the decline in food stamp enrollment overall.

Trump’s 2018 budget proposal proposed cuts to SNAP, and suggested that states match up to 20 percent of federal money allotted for the food stamp program.

The president also called for states to expand work requirements for able-bodied adults receiving food stamps if they have not already done so. Some federal lawmakers are crafting legislation to implement this policy nationwide, along with time limits on how long food stamp recipients can receive benefits.

Trump’s illegal immigration crackdown has also indirectly affected food stamp enrollment. Many immigrants, both legal and illegal, canceled their food stamps over fears they might be denied citizenship or deported.

Food stamp participation on average in 2017 has dropped to its lowest level since 2010, and the steady decrease in SNAP enrollment shows this trend has no signs of stopping.

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) projects that this downward trend will continue through the next decade, with food stamp enrollment dropping 1 to 2 percent each year. By 2027, CBO estimates that 32.5 million people would be receiving food stamps.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I will now await the arrival of ZippyJuan, who will produce a graph showing that it was declining under Obama as well, or some such nonsense.

hah hah, nailed it.

#MAGA
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Over 40 million people on food stamps?

Food stamp usage has been on a steady decline since Donald Trump began his presidency in January 2017, with the latest data showing that SNAP enrollment decreased by more than 1.3 million, or 3.23 percent, since the beginning of his term in office
    Wow, 3.23 percent.

That's a giant difference when there are still (more than) 42 million people on foodstamps.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I will now await the arrival of ZippyJuan, who will produce a graph showing that it was declining under Obama as well, or some such nonsense.
    No laws on food stamps have been passed under Trump. No budgets passed. He has made no contributions to it- positively or negatively.

Many policies at the federal level have also contributed to the decline in food stamp enrollment overall.

Trump’s 2018 budget proposal proposed cuts to SNAP, and suggested that states match up to 20 percent of federal money allotted for the food stamp program.

http://www.businessinsider.com/food-...decline-2016-6
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-19-2017 at 02:33 PM.

Critical to current information is to read the date to something you are posting to contradict the OP: Jun. 16, 2016, 9:43 AM
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Wow, it nearly doubled under Obama!
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Well, there was that recession thing which happened. If Rand or Ron Paul was president at that time, they still would have gone up.

(Actually more of a 50% rather than 100% increase ).
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-19-2017 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Well, there was that recession thing which happened.
    Why did it almost double under Bush?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Well, there was that recession thing which happened. If Rand or Ron Paul was president at that time, they still would have gone up.
    Not if Ron Paul fired everybody in the administration and fought it on constitutional grounds. Granted he would have lost the war, but people would actually have found other ways to get food in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Why did it almost double under Bush?
    Same recession for part of it which hit in 2007 but it was rising once Bush took office anyways. There was another recession in the early 2000s. SNAP benefits were indexed to inflation beginning in 2001 and qualifications were expanded. https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/short-history-snap

Usage declined during the 1990's.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-19-2017 at 12:35 PM.

No laws on food stamps have been passed under Trump. No budgets passed. He has made no contributions to it- positively or negatively.
    I am well aware of that.

The rhetoric alone is enough.

Which is what I said in the OP, had you bothered to read it.

I am well aware of that.

The rhetoric alone is enough.

Which is what I said in the OP, had you bothered to read it.
    Zippy knows more things than he will ever be able to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Yes , Obummer will always be The Food Stamp President .

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Yes , Obummer will always be The Food Stamp President .
    Percentage-wise they increased a lot more under Bush. He was up about 100%, Obama only about 50%. But Congress makes the rules- not the President.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-19-2017 at 07:01 PM.

Percentage-wise they increased a lot more under Bush. He was up about 100%, Obama only about 50%.
    I think it will be the peak of the millions that will be remembered . They need to eliminate that crap totally .

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Critical to current information is to read the date to something you are posting to contradict the OP: Jun. 16, 2016, 9:43 AM
    The graph is just data showing that the decline started in 2013 and seeing as Trump hasn't passed any laws, budgets or enacted any executive orders that affect food stamps, this decline cannot be attributed to him.

You also have to understand that Trump supported the stimulus package which included the change in food stamp requirements. Trump is no friend of limited govt, he was, is and will be a Rockafella democrat in my food.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    The graph is just data showing that the decline started in 2013 and seeing as Trump hasn't passed any laws, budgets or enacted any executive orders that affect food stamps, this decline cannot be attributed to him.

You also have to understand that Trump supported the stimulus package which included the change in food stamp requirements. Trump is no friend of limited govt, he was, is and will be a Rockafella democrat in my food.
    The decline could be possibly due to less illegal immigrants pouring into the country, too.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

If Rand or Ron Paul was president at that time, they still would have gone up.
    "Would have." LOL. I "would have" been a billionaire too, except I'm not.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Percentage-wise they increased a lot more under Bush. He was up about 100%, Obama only about 50%. But Congress makes the rules- not the President.

Incorrect if using that chart above.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

The decline could be possibly due to less illegal immigrants pouring into the country, too.
    So what explains the decline starting in 2013? I know people want to have a positive attitude about the country but Trump hasn't really done anything yet about food stamps. He may do something in the future but overall that little positive he does would be swallowed up by the many bad things he would do.

This is the same with Clinton, Bush and Obama.

For $#@!'s sake, don't any of you contrarian idjits $#@!ing read?

I said, in the OP, that it may all be accountable to bluster and bull$#@!...meaning I am well aware no significant legislation has passed changing this, but sometimes just rattling the sabers is all that is required to make people move.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    For $#@!'s sake, don't any of you contrarian idjits $#@!ing read?

I said, in the OP, that it may all be accountable to bluster and bull$#@!...meaning I am well aware no significant legislation has passed changing this, but sometimes just rattling the sabers is all that is required to make people move.
    Bullshyte, people don't voluntarily get off food stamp just because the Twitter in Chief twitted something or mouthed off at them. I would wager that 99.9% of people on food stamp would only leave the program if they are made ineligible to participate in the program.

The only way I could see Trump contributing to the declining number on food stamp recipient was if the economy he presided(mind you, he hasn't passed his budget yet but he has a few EO that can affect the economy) was so good that just less people stopped being eligible for it.

Action on food stamp speak louder than words, words just fall on deaf ears. Btw how many percentage of people do you think keep up with the latest Trump crazy rants? We keep up with it because we are politics junkies while normal people ignore it all. It is white noise to them.

Bullshyte, people don't voluntarily get off food stamp just because the Twitter in Chief twitted something or mouthed off at them. I would wager that 99.9% of people on food stamp would only leave the program if they are made ineligible to participate in the program.
    So what explains the mass migration of Haitians into Canada?

Trump has not officially revoked their refugee status.

Would not be the first time Haitians in particular made life or death decisions based on nothing more than the words of a US politician.

In the 90s they took Bill Clinton at his word that he would enact a "dry feet" refugee policy for Haitians.

Tens of thousands took to small boats to sail to the US, only to find out Bill Clinton did no such thing.

Hundreds, perhaps thousands, died.

I saw it first hand.

So, Jules, the fact is that people most certainly make major life decisions based a politician's words.

So what explains the mass migration of Haitians into Canada?
    Dunno, maybe greener pastures? or the false belief that he would do something in the future i.e. irrational fear of the Trumpster

Trump has not officially revoked their refugee status.
    You can convince me by linking to an action Trump has done to officially revoke their refugee status. Your proof of action will definitely convince me in this debate. Twitter chatter does not count.

Btw, how many percent of Haitian refugees are on food stamp? and isn't most of the Haitian refugees living in Florida? so its either going to be that Florida food stamp number went down so much to the point it noticeably affected the national number or this theory of Trump officially revoking Haitian food stamp recipients to reduce food stamp numbers is bunk.

Also let everyone reading this remember that Trump supported the stimulus and bailout deals during the 2007/2008 period that led to the numbers we are seeing to day. He is a big part of the problem and not part of the solution. A North Eastern liberal pretending to be conservative by throwing moldy crumbs to the hungry and desperate conservatives. Don't bite on his crumbs, you have way more dignity than that.

Would not be the first time Haitians in particular made life or death decisions based on nothing more than the words of a US politician.

In the 90s they took Bill Clinton at his word that he would enact a "dry feet" refugee policy for Haitians.

Tens of thousands took to small boats to sail to the US, only to find out Bill Clinton did no such thing.

Hundreds, perhaps thousands, died.

I saw it first hand.

So, Jules, the fact is that people most certainly make major life decisions based a politician's words.
    The problem is that condition returns to normal when the people reacting to words realize that the person talking isn't a serious individual. Those people leaving now will come back from Canada and just resign up for food stamps if the only thing Trump delivers is empty promises of action.

Hence the reason why I think this is much to do about nothing. I really believe if he was doing anything that hurts refugees or food stamp recipients, the democrats would be squealing by now. I don't hear any squealing from the dems so that confirms my earlier belief that he didn't do shyte.

Illegal immigrants aren't eligible for food stamps (SNAP) so that can't be a reason.

A person must be a U.S. citizen or an eligible, lawfully-present non-citizen to qualify for SNAP benefits.
    https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/snap-p...en-eligibility

The number of illegal immigrants in the country dropped in 2007 yet food stamp usage went up (both due to the recession and fewer jobs).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast