Thread: California Democrats Sell Out Online Privacy In The Dead Of Night

Default California Democrats Sell Out Online Privacy In The Dead Of Night

https://boingboing.net/2017/09/18/ab-375.html

California AB 375 was a bill to restore the online privacy rights that the Republican Congress stripped away in March when they passed a bill that allowed your ISP to spy on you and sell data about your online activities.

AB 375 was enjoying enormous momentum in the Democrat-controlled California legislature, when a group of lawmakers -- whom records show were heavily lobbied by Verizon, AT&T and Comcast -- held a late-night session in which they killed the bill for 2017.

This is your periodic reminder that huge swathes of the Democratic party, especially at the highest echelons, are effectively Republicans who don't hate gay people.

“It is extremely disappointing that the California legislature failed to restore broadband privacy rights for residents in this state in response to the Trump Administration and Congressional efforts to roll back consumer protection,” EFF Legislative Counsel Ernesto Falcon said. “Californians will continue to be denied the legal right to say no to their cable or telephone company using their personal data for enhancing already high profits. Perhaps the legislature needs to spend more time talking to the 80% of voters that support the goal of A.B. 375 and less time with Comcast, AT&T, and Google's lobbyists in Sacramento.”

Full article on link.

Anyone surprised? Boobus not only doesnt know, they dont care. They would rather give up their right to vote than to give up texting.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintian an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

You are Ron Paul's Media!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Who isn't spying on you at this point? Google and Fedbook follow you around snooping on everything you do. Your email provider reads your email. The government taps everything. Your ISP reads everything. Your cell phone provider has everything that goes through the cell phone. No doubt other carriers like to view everything that passes over their lines. Foreign governments do the same. A whole host of internet advertisers, spammers and consumer info gatherers track web activity. Privacy? LOL.
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Who isn't spying on you at this point? Google and Fedbook follow you around snooping on everything you do. Your email provider reads your email. The government taps everything. Your ISP reads everything. Your cell phone provider has everything that goes through the cell phone. No doubt other carriers like to view everything that passes over their lines. Foreign governments do the same. A whole host of internet advertisers, spammers and consumer info gatherers track web activity. Privacy? LOL.
    All I really want at this point is a statement they won't do that. It would let me enjoy my safe space.
    The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.