Thread: JP Morgan buys Bitcoin right after CEO says it's a bubble

JP Morgan buys Bitcoin right after CEO says it's a bubble

https://cointelegraph.com/news/chase...mon-rejects-it

Did he do it to deliberately lower the price for a bit?

Chase Bank CEO Jamie Dimon recently rejected Bitcoin as a ‘fraud,” likely causing additional sell offs after the news of the Chinese exchange ban was released. The financial guru commented that Bitcoin was in a bubble not unlike the famous Tulip bubble during the 17th century.

However, in a somewhat surprising move, JP Morgan purchased a large block of Bitcoins just after the CEO’s harsh criticisms, according to a careful observer on Twitter.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That sure is what it looks like. Wall Street will do anything to get a price even just a smidgen lower. The dip to 3k was apparently worth it to lots of big money.

Hedge funds are starting to buy.

I still have tulip access too for Dimon if he needs some .

Bitcoin is totally a bubble, you should sell all of it and invest in something more stable like the US dollar
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Even if you think crypto is stupid you should still be trading it. I am sucking fiat like no tomorrow out of ETH.

Having a lot of fun too!

Quote Originally Posted by muh_roads View Post
    Even if you think crypto is stupid you should still be trading it. I am sucking fiat like no tomorrow out of ETH.

Having a lot of fun too!
    I have a little bit coin just as an investment . I would though love to sell some tulips to Dimon.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    can you store gold or tulips in your head? Can you send them over the Internet?

That's the intrinsic value of crypto... Bitcoin being the first and most secure... it will have a major role.

Bitcoin is capped at 21 millions by math. Big bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    can you store gold or tulips in your head? Can you send them over the Internet?

That's the intrinsic value of crypto... Bitcoin being the first and most secure... it will have a major role.

Bitcoin is capped at 21 millions by math. Big bonus.
    Can you store bitcoins in your head? Do you have the numbers of all your bitcoins memorized?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Can you store bitcoins in your head? Do you have the numbers of all your bitcoins memorized?
    All you need is your private key (mental password) to access your bitcoin, anywhere in the world, at any time. Simple and priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    All you need is your private key (mental password) to access your bitcoin, anywhere in the world, at any time. Simple and priceless.
    Aren't those something like dozens of digits long? I can access dollars with a number in my head and use them on the internet- and it is a lot easier to remember. That would be storing dollars in my head.

Aren't those something like dozens of digits long? I can access dollars with a number in my head and use them on the internet- and it is a lot easier to remember. That would be storing dollars in my head.
    You can make your private key whatever (simple/complex small/large) you want it to be and you can have as many accounts/wallets as you think sufficient for your storage safety.

You must be referring to the public bitcoin address. Think of the private key like your email password. It's your personal bank account that you can log into anywhere, any time and it's never closed for holidays.
    Last edited by FSP-Rebel; 09-25-2017 at 08:04 PM.

my trezor has a 24 word recover phrase. I don't have it memorized, I could though if necessary, I have it written down. Anyone could find it, given sufficient time, and my dead corpse on the floor. TRezor does have the option to use a 12 word recovery phrase as well if you select.

So, if I did memorize those 24 words, I could go anywhere in the world, download a compatible wallet or buy another trezor and have access to my coins in minutes.

Not bitcoin per se but the private key which is equivalent for all practical purposes. You could give the private key to someone else and he would also become the owner of the coins at that address.
    I don't need to remember my keys in my head... because I am not under duress and I trust my current opsec.
    the fact remains you can do it if you need it.