Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 48

Thread: Why Were the Irish Once Hated in America?

  1. #1
    Temporary Ban North Korea



    Blog Entries
    2
    Posts
    2,266
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Default Why Were the Irish Once Hated in America?




  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    People have to blame somebody for their own problems! Foreigners make easy targets (like Mexicans and Muslims today). Blacks, Irish, Catholics, Jews, Germans, Italians, Chinese- and many more. There is always somebody.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-17-2017 at 12:10 PM.
    "The future is here, it's just not evenly distributed yet." - William Gibson

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to. This post may include statements I don't personally agree with.

  4. #3

    Default

    They had their own Island .

  5. #4

    Default

    Native Irish were Roman Catholic (even though it was a Pope who sold them out), so they mostly ignored the English Reformation - until Cromwell invaded. Then there were centuries of Irish apartheid, meaning Anglos universally came to believe the native Irish were barbarians, and sense many Americans were Anglos themselves, the perception of them transferred into the 20th century. Michael Collins $#@!ed enough English ladies, and the ladies convinced their husbands the north needed a parliament. (I sort of kid, there was general disgust with British barbarism after Cork was burned.)

    The Irish weren't universally hated in America:







    I think a lot of states had Irish brigades (could be wrong), since they built this country east of the Mississippi.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 09-16-2017 at 09:57 PM.
    If freedom isn't free, it isn't liberty - its license.

    "And maybe my life spent in a New Jersey-New York/Bay Area-L.A. pro-Semitic cocoon has left me naive. But I don't care if Americans think we're running the news media, Hollywood, Wall Street or the government. I just care that we get to keep running them."
    - Joel Stein, LA TIMES

  6. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Native Irish were Roman Catholic (even though it was a Pope who sold them out), so they mostly ignored the English Reformation - until Cromwell invaded. Then there were centuries of Irish apartheid, meaning Anglos universally came to believe the native Irish were barbarians, and sense many Americans were Anglos themselves, the perception of them transferred into the 20th century. Michael Collins $#@!ed enough English ladies, and the ladies convinced their husbands the north needed a parliament. (I sort of kid, there was general disgust with British barbarism after Cork was burned.)

    The Irish weren't universally hated in America:







    I think a lot of states had Irish brigades (could be wrong), since they built this country east of the Mississippi.
    Songs of my people....nice! (HB has quite a bit of Irish blood)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RPEphesians 6:12 (KJV)//I sell stuff here go buy nao!

  7. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Native Irish were Roman Catholic (even though it was a Pope who sold them out), so they mostly ignored the English Reformation - until Cromwell invaded. Then there were centuries of Irish apartheid, meaning Anglos universally came to believe the native Irish were barbarians, and sense many Americans were Anglos themselves, the perception of them transferred into the 20th century. Michael Collins $#@!ed enough English ladies, and the ladies convinced their husbands the north needed a parliament. (I sort of kid, there was general disgust with British barbarism after Cork was burned.)

    The Irish weren't universally hated in America:







    I think a lot of states had Irish brigades (could be wrong), since they built this country east of the Mississippi.
    " Be Just , Fear Not " 35th Indiana Infantry. Complete with green Regimental Flag .

  8. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    " Be Just , Fear Not " 35th Indiana Infantry. Complete with green Regimental Flag .
    That's an awesome flag:

    Recruiting efforts were mainly focused in cities such as Lafayette, Indianapolis, Terre Haute and small River communities such as Madison, on the Ohio River.
    If freedom isn't free, it isn't liberty - its license.

    "And maybe my life spent in a New Jersey-New York/Bay Area-L.A. pro-Semitic cocoon has left me naive. But I don't care if Americans think we're running the news media, Hollywood, Wall Street or the government. I just care that we get to keep running them."
    - Joel Stein, LA TIMES

  9. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    That's an awesome flag:

    Recruiting efforts were mainly focused in cities such as Lafayette, Indianapolis, Terre Haute and small River communities such as Madison, on the Ohio River.
    All they had to do was send a couple recruiters by the bars at the end of the work day and they could have filled the roll on that unit in two days .

  10. #9

    Default

    The 32nd Indiana Infantry Regiment was a German unit . Left Indianapolis with 905 men in 1861. They fought in all the terrible battles of the Western Theatre . First action was around Munfordville Kentucky where a detachment of 500 of them withstood repeated Cavalry charges from 1300 confederates with artillery. They lost 13 that day .

  11. #10

    Default

    The Irish were hated by Yankees (i.e. low church protestants of English stock, roundheads) because they were Catholic, didn't favor prohibition, didn't want their children forcibly converted, and (basically for those reasons) voted for the Jeffersonian Democratic Party (and therefore against the proto-socialistic policies of the Republicans) - same as the Italians or the German Lutherans. The poorer natives (esp. blacks) also hated them as competitors for unskilled labor jobs.
    "The program of liberalism, ...if condensed into a single word, would have to read: property..."

    -Ludwig von Mises

    "Patriotism, not nationalism, should inspire the citizen. The ethnic nationalist who wants a linguistically and culturally uniform nation is akin to the racist who is intolerant toward those who look (and behave) differently. The patriot is a "diversitarian"; he is pleased, indeed proud of the variety within the borders of his country; he looks for loyalty from all citizens. And he looks up and down, not left and right."

    -Erik Maria Ritter von Kuehnelt-Leddihn

    "The monarch is a responsible person. The fact that a monarch is responsible "to God alone," rather than to an assembly or a popular majority, is rather shocking to an agnostic mind; but while God cannot be fooled, the masses can. While it is perhaps true that "one cannot fool all the people all the time," it seems one can fool millions for centuries."

    -Ibid.

  12. #11
    Temporary Ban North Korea



    Blog Entries
    2
    Posts
    2,266
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Default


  13. #12

    Default

    My Irish peeps were protestants..ie Scots-Irish...pretty much a big part of the American Revolution. Many Catholic
    irish were looked down upon because many came over as indentured servants and there was widespread poverty and petty criminal activity amongst them.

  14. #13

    Default

    It is just good general policy to keep an eye on Catholics .

  15. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    It is just good general policy to keep an eye on Catholics .
    Suz, Eduardo, I see your point.
    Freedom index

    ~Resident Badgiraffe





  16. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Native Irish were Roman Catholic
    Actually, the Native Irish were invaded by the Romans.

    The Roman Church was imposed. (unrecorded genocide of the Druids)

    But they were hated here because , "Jobs"

    Religion is often used as an excuse.

    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  17. #16

    Default

    C2H5OH
    The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

  18. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    My Irish peeps were protestants..ie Scots-Irish...pretty much a big part of the American Revolution. Many Catholic
    irish were looked down upon because many came over as indentured servants and there was widespread poverty and petty criminal activity amongst them.
    "indentured servants"

    is that anything like a slave?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  19. #18

    Default

    Celtic monks fleeing the Danelaw, the Anglo-Saxons, or Normans brought Roman Catholicism to Ireland. Ireland was never touched by the Romans, afaik. King Henry II did colonize Ireland, with the blessings of a Pope, in the name of restoring the Celtic Church. The English bishops had been telling Rome that the Church was lapsing and heathen, and other lies, and that their Norman King could restore the Celtic Church, thus tacit permission for their wars and apartheid - though the stated goal was restoring Roman Catholicism.

  20. #19

    Default

    Revolutionary War too.


  21. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    "indentured servants"

    is that anything like a slave?
    Its more like debtors prison. You got in because you agreed to it when you took a loan you couldn't pay back.

    Indentured servitude, share cropping are alike, slavery is on a different level. There is nothing at all wrong with it, I could even see myself signing up for such a loan agreement to pay for my child's life saving medical bill. People would exalt the virtues of price gouging but when it comes to an equally voluntary activity like indentured servitude, then everyone piles up on it.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  22. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    The 32nd Indiana Infantry Regiment was a German unit . Left Indianapolis with 905 men in 1861. They fought in all the terrible battles of the Western Theatre . First action was around Munfordville Kentucky where a detachment of 500 of them withstood repeated Cavalry charges from 1300 confederates with artillery. They lost 13 that day .
    My Indiana history's bad, I grew up in Wisconsin, and moved here when I was 18. In fact, I don't think we had any family in Indiana. Great great great on my mom's side disappeared in the war. Nobody knows what side he fought, but he was Kentuckyan. Supposedly my great great grandma and her brother took a horse to the nearest town looking for him. Whatever happened, his body was never found. (Which used to trouble entire communities, but we're so desensitized to war now, nobody cares anymore.)

    As far back as we know, my dad's side were Swedish colonists to Prussia, and his great grandpa didn't settle Missouri, until the 1870s. The story goes he was almost conscripted into the Franko-Prussian war, but he chose life and liberty over Bismarck. My dad's side have survived the wars by draft dodging, or being late to the war.

  23. #22

    Default

    Because they told us Lucky Charms are magically delicious.

    Bastards. Damn them all to hell.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.
    9. Donít use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

    "For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

  24. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Because they told us Lucky Charms are magically delicious.

    Bastards. Damn them all to hell.
    The elites must still look down on Irish, what with liars and mascots like Sean Hannity, Lucky, Chris Matthews, and Ronald MacDonald.

    Take back your heritage, sons of Erin!

  25. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    The elites must still look down on Irish, what with liars and mascots like Sean Hannity, Lucky, Chris Matthews, and Ronald MacDonald.

    Take back your heritage, sons of Erin!
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Raginfridus again.
    Yessir!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RPEphesians 6:12 (KJV)//I sell stuff here go buy nao!

  26. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    My Indiana history's bad, I grew up in Wisconsin, and moved here when I was 18. In fact, I don't think we had any family in Indiana. Great great great on my mom's side disappeared in the war. Nobody knows what side he fought, but he was Kentuckyan. Supposedly my great great grandma and her brother took a horse to the nearest town looking for him. Whatever happened, his body was never found. (Which used to trouble entire communities, but we're so desensitized to war now, nobody cares anymore.)

    As far back as we know, my dad's side were Swedish colonists to Prussia, and his great grandpa didn't settle Missouri, until the 1870s. The story goes he was almost conscripted into the Franko-Prussian war, but he chose life and liberty over Bismarck. My dad's side have survived the wars by draft dodging, or being late to the war.
    Well , Kentucky soldiers lost in combat by the union were 2,478 and another 6383 dead of disease , 860 dead as prisoners , 454 dead from accidents , another 599 deaths not in those categories and not listed cause ( probably wounded that were not mortally wounded but died of infection later ) for a total of 10, 774 out of 75,760 who served . So about a 1 in 7 chance of being dead . I do not have numbers for the Confederates . Of those 75k troops , 23 ,703 were not white as 19 percent of the states population were slaves . Kentucky provided 60 Infantry Regiments to the Union and 9 Infantry Regiments to the Confederacy. The Orphan Brigade was the confederate Kentucky 2nd , 3rd , 4th , 6th and 9th Infantry that could never go home as the counties they were from were Union posts . Union Congressmen held 9 of 10 Ky seats and Ky was never at risk to secede it was the 9th most populated state and saw nothing wrong with slavery but entertained no idea of ever being outside the United States.

  27. #26

    Default

    They may have sucked, but still no comparison to Injuns.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    You do know that you [dannno] are a moron right?
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I love Che because...
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    ...he did that which I was too cowardly afraid to do
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Just for the record, 99% of the time I say "In my country........" I am actually messing with you people because I know you guys have absolutely no idea what happens in my country.

    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!


    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of apportionment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  28. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    My Irish peeps were protestants..ie Scots-Irish...pretty much a big part of the American Revolution. Many Catholic
    irish were looked down upon because many came over as indentured servants and there was widespread poverty and petty criminal activity amongst them.
    Actually, many were slaughtered and others brought over as slaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    You do know that you [dannno] are a moron right?
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I love Che because...
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    ...he did that which I was too cowardly afraid to do
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Just for the record, 99% of the time I say "In my country........" I am actually messing with you people because I know you guys have absolutely no idea what happens in my country.

    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!


    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of apportionment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  29. #28

    Default

    Sorry to burst your anti-Roman bubbles here folks, but Ireland was Christian for six centuries before the East-West Schism. Meaning they were part of the universal Church for a long time, and for most of that Rome hadn't gotten too far into its sketchier practices.

    When you attack Roman Catholicism, remember that you can't reliably attack it as being something in one time frame, because it changes over time.
    (Thus I tend to limit my attack to just that point, as it actually is sufficient.)

    Now granted the Irish of the 19th and early 20th centuries were everything claimed about Roman Catholics and more, but the idea of Rome infecting the place in the 400s is really off base.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

  30. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    They may have sucked, but still no comparison to Injuns.
    True , even though those pesky leprechauns left a perfectly good island to invade my space I do not see them as a real threat .

  31. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    True , even though those pesky leprechauns left a perfectly good island to invade my space I do not see them as a real threat .
    A lot of them were brought over as slaves to do the work to build a civilization that your people were too lazy to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    You do know that you [dannno] are a moron right?
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I love Che because...
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    ...he did that which I was too cowardly afraid to do
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Just for the record, 99% of the time I say "In my country........" I am actually messing with you people because I know you guys have absolutely no idea what happens in my country.

    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!


    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of apportionment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast





Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-02-2015, 10:14 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-2015, 06:42 PM
  3. Replies: 153
    Last Post: 08-16-2013, 11:58 PM
  4. RPF Irish members: On the Anglo Irish bank bailout...
    By Pennsylvania in forum World News & Affairs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-03-2010, 12:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •