Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump folds again: Now US will NOT be pulling out of Paris Climate Accord

Exclamation Trump folds again: Now US will NOT be pulling out of Paris Climate Accord

One of the few things I could support him on.

I give the $#@! up.

Trump Administration Won’t Withdraw from Paris Climate Deal

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-a...eal-1505593922

U.S. has stated it will ‘not renegotiate the Paris accord’ but will review its terms

In a June 1 speech at the White House, President Donald Trump said the U.S. would leave the Paris climate accords. On Saturday, European Commissioner for Climate Action and Energy Miguel Arias Cañete said the U.S. won’t withdraw from the deal.

By Emre Peker

Updated Sept. 16, 2017 4:40 p.m. ET
    6 COMMENTS

NEW YORK—Trump administration officials said Saturday the U.S. wouldn’t pull out of the Paris Agreement, offering to re-engage in the international deal to fight climate change, according to the European Union’s top energy official.

The shift from President Donald Trump’s decision in June to renegotiate the landmark accord or craft a new deal came during a meeting of more than 30 ministers led by Canada, China and the European Union in Montreal.

“The U.S. has stated that they will not renegotiate the Paris accord, but they will try to review the terms on which they could be engaged under this agreement,” European Commissioner for Climate Action and Energy Miguel Arias Cañete said.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    More rumors, I'll wait and see what actually happens.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    More rumors, I'll wait and see what actually happens.
    LOL

When Trump said we'd leave the accord on June 1, that was the rumor. Now you are seeing what's actually happening.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    LOL

When Trump said we'd leave the accord on June 1, that was the rumor. Now you are seeing what's actually happening.
    So all the enviro regs that Trump stopped or rolled back mean he wants to sign on to the Paris accord?

This is just more rumors from anonymous sources and some Euro idiot trying to jawbone us back into the herd, talk to me when Trump signs something.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

General Kelly I presume?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    One of the few things I could support him on.

I give the $#@! up.

Trump Administration Won’t Withdraw from Paris Climate Deal

U.S. has stated it will ‘not renegotiate the Paris accord’ but will review its terms

In a June 1 speech at the White House, President Donald Trump said the U.S. would leave the Paris climate accords. On Saturday, European Commissioner for Climate Action and Energy Miguel Arias Cañete said the U.S. won’t withdraw from the deal.

By Emre Peker

Updated Sept. 16, 2017 4:40 p.m. ET
    6 COMMENTS

NEW YORK—Trump administration officials said Saturday the U.S. wouldn’t pull out of the Paris Agreement, offering to re-engage in the international deal to fight climate change, according to the European Union’s top energy official.

The shift from President Donald Trump’s decision in June to renegotiate the landmark accord or craft a new deal came during a meeting of more than 30 ministers led by Canada, China and the European Union in Montreal.

“The U.S. has stated that they will not renegotiate the Paris accord, but they will try to review the terms on which they could be engaged under this agreement,” European Commissioner for Climate Action and Energy Miguel Arias Cañete said.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    LOL

White House Denies WSJ Report That Trump Will Not Withdraw From Paris Climate Deal

Update: it took about 10 minutes for the White House to deny the WSJ report, with the NYT and Bloomberg reporting that a White House spokesman has denied the WSJ story claiming US might stay in Paris accords, saying "position hasn't changed." Bloomberg confirms the White House comment, stating that there is "no change" in the US position on the Paris Deal, and that US will withdraw unless presented with "more favorable terms."
    WH spox denies WSJ story claiming US might stay in Paris accords -- saying position hasn't changed...
    — Glenn Thrush (@GlennThrush) September 16, 2017
    We were told earlier today a US official said in Montreal at climate ministers mtg US open to staying in Paris accord & just tweak elements. https://t.co/GeKHGC1zEz
    — Jennifer Jacobs (@JenniferJJacobs) September 16, 2017
    Meanwhile, it now appears that the locus of "fake news" has shifted from DC to Brussels...

More at: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...s-climate-deal

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

So all the enviro regs that Trump stopped or rolled back mean he wants to sign on to the Paris accord?

This is just more rumors from anonymous sources and some Euro idiot trying to jawbone us back into the herd, talk to me when Trump signs something.
    Much of that was merely stopping new rules from taking effect- not removing existing ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Much of that was merely stopping new rules from taking effect- not removing existing ones.
    Originally Posted by Swordsmyth

White House Denies WSJ Report That Trump Will Not Withdraw From Paris Climate Deal

Update: it took about 10 minutes for the White House to deny the WSJ report, with the NYT and Bloomberg reporting that a White House spokesman has denied the WSJ story claiming US might stay in Paris accords, saying "position hasn't changed." Bloomberg confirms the White House comment, stating that there is "no change" in the US position on the Paris Deal, and that US will withdraw unless presented with "more favorable terms."
    WH spox denies WSJ story claiming US might stay in Paris accords -- saying position hasn't changed...
    We were told earlier today a US official said in Montreal at climate ministers mtg US open to staying in Paris accord & just tweak elements. https://t.co/GeKHGC1zEz
    Meanwhile, it now appears that the locus of "fake news" has shifted from DC to Brussels...

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Well, OK then, fake news.

My mistake.

Disregard.

I'm happy enough to just have that happening.

Environmental and "healthcare" fatwas will be the tools used to utterly kill any vestiges of freedom and personal autonomy we have left.

will withdraw unless presented with "more favorable terms"
    Which means they are working on re-negotiating it- not walking away from it. At least not yet. Threatening to walk away is a negotiation tactic.

What he said in the past:

In June, Trump said the United States would begin the three-year process for withdrawing while simultaneously signaling he was willing to reconsider if the United States could get more favorable terms.

“So we're getting out, but we will start to negotiate, and we’ll see if we can make a deal that’s fair,” Trump said.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ent/673988001/

The treaty is also non- binding on countries.

Under the terms of the international agreement to reduce greenhouse gases, the earliest a nation can formally withdraw is November 2020 — the same month Trump faces re-election. But because the greenhouse gas reduction targets are largely voluntary, Trump said he would immediately "cease all implementation of the non-binding Paris Accord."
    Trump also said he was going to walk away from NAFTA but they are working on re-negotiating it as well.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-16-2017 at 04:00 PM.

Which means they are working on re-negotiating it- not walking away from it. Threatening to walk away is a negotiation tactic.
    It means his position has not changed, he also said he did not think it was possible to get a deal that would be acceptable, claiming you are open to a "better deal" is a way to keep the enviro-morons of your back while killing the deal with unsatisfiable demands, he seems to be doing the same thing to NAFTA.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Threatening to walk away is a negotiation tactic.
    Thank you Mr. Obvious.

Environmental and "healthcare" fatwas will be the tools used to utterly kill any vestiges of freedom and personal autonomy we have left.
    You could replace the words 'environmental' and 'healthcare' with 'immigration' and your sentence could read the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Why not just pull out of it 8 months ago?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...-never-n801826

This is the desired effect. Let States and cities decide whether or not they want to participate in these regulations.

Originally Posted by Swordsmyth

What terms of giving up our sovereignty are favorable?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Well, OK then, fake news.

My mistake.

Disregard.
    It never ends.

This is why Paul Ryan and Mitch and all the rest need to lay aside their petty foolishness and deal with the President. Trump went up there to get stuff done, and he's going to deal with whoever comes to the table.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Which is as it should be . There should be no new rules or taxes .

Trump folds again:
    assumes $hit was believed in the first place
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

The parallels between Trumps art of the deal progressive policies are striking. Trump in spirit and rhetoric says he is against the Paris climate accord. Yet we know the government is still trying to make other government's do more and we probably haven't broken any of the rules we made ourselves. He did the same thing with healthcare, when there was republican consensus to repeal so he pushed for more Obama care instead of repeal and now more people are talking about single payer then ever something he defended in the debates.

Can we impeach him yet?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    What terms of giving up our sovereignty are favorable?
    None, but I don't think Dump really wants to make a deal, he just says the "more favorable terms" line so they can't call him unreasonable.

Even if he has a price he would sell out for on this the other side won't pay it, so we are safe for now.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Eh, who knows what the $#@! to believe anymore...so much scatterbrained bull$#@! that I can't make sense of any of it.

NEW YORK—The Trump administration is considering staying in the Paris agreement to fight climate change “under the right conditions,” offering to re-engage in the international deal three months after President Donald Trump said the U.S. would pull out if it didn’t find more favorable terms.

During a climate-change meeting Saturday of more than 30 ministers led by Canada, China and the European Union, in Montreal, U.S. officials broached revising U.S. climate-change goals, two participants said, signaling a compromise that would keep the U.S. at the table even if it meant weakening the international effort. Still, the move would maintain international unity behind the painstakingly negotiated Paris accord, after Mr. Trump suggested he might seek a new agreement.

On Sunday, U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said on CBS that Mr. Trump is “open to finding those conditions where we can remain engaged with others on what we all agree is still a challenging issue.”

Eh, who knows what the $#@! to believe anymore...so much scatterbrained bull$#@! that I can't make sense of any of it.

NEW YORK—The Trump administration is considering staying in the Paris agreement to fight climate change “under the right conditions,” offering to re-engage in the international deal three months after President Donald Trump said the U.S. would pull out if it didn’t find more favorable terms.

During a climate-change meeting Saturday of more than 30 ministers led by Canada, China and the European Union, in Montreal, U.S. officials broached revising U.S. climate-change goals, two participants said, signaling a compromise that would keep the U.S. at the table even if it meant weakening the international effort. Still, the move would maintain international unity behind the painstakingly negotiated Paris accord, after Mr. Trump suggested he might seek a new agreement.

On Sunday, U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said on CBS that Mr. Trump is “open to finding those conditions where we can remain engaged with others on what we all agree is still a challenging issue.”

Between Dump and the fakenews you can't really believe anything until he actually does it.

I still don't believe that he will agree to anything that the Paris accord member will agree to.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

None, but I don't think Dump really wants to make a deal, he just says the "more favorable terms" line so they can't call him unreasonable.

Even if he has a price he would sell out for on this the other side won't pay it, so we are safe for now.
    Thanks for the 'splainin, I feel so much better now.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Can we impeach him yet?
    If you want to make things even worse, go ahead and put your energy toward that..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Why not just pull out of it 8 months ago?
    Shhhhh... Please! You're ruining my suspension of disbelief.

The truth HAS to be much, much more complicated for peasants to get the most out of this poorly written/acted puppet show.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast