Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump folds again: Now US will NOT be pulling out of Paris Climate Accord

I have no clue how to post a tweet but this is straight from the white house.

Sarah Sanders‏Verified account
    @PressSec

Our position on the Paris agreement has not changed. @POTUS has been clear, US withdrawing unless we get pro-America terms.
    2:32 PM - 16 Sep 2017
    https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/...s-agreement%2F
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "pro-America terms"

Finally! No more vague talk about my flipping individual rights!

/s
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I have no clue how to post a tweet but this is straight from the white house.

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/...s-agreement%2F
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    So... not withdrawing.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    So... not withdrawing.
    From the current agreement? Absolutely.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

flipped again... heads they win, tails we lose.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

What exactly was "fake news" from the original story again?

What exactly was "fake news" from the original story again?
    Trump Administration Won’t Withdraw from Paris Climate Deal

On Saturday, European Commissioner for Climate Action and Energy Miguel Arias Cañete said the U.S. won’t withdraw from the deal.

“The U.S. has stated that they will not renegotiate the Paris accord, but they will try to review the terms on which they could be engaged under this agreement,” European Commissioner for Climate Action and Energy Miguel Arias Cañete said.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump Administration Won’t Withdraw from Paris Climate Deal

On Saturday, European Commissioner for Climate Action and Energy Miguel Arias Cañete said the U.S. won’t withdraw from the deal.

“The U.S. has stated that they will not renegotiate the Paris accord, but they will try to review the terms on which they could be engaged under this agreement,” European Commissioner for Climate Action and Energy Miguel Arias Cañete said.
    So Trump has withdrawn from the agreement?

Can't withdraw within the next three year though abiding by it is voluntary.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump's position is that we are pulling out unless something changes.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump's position is that we are pulling out unless something changes.
    Do you know what that "something" is? What parts of the agreement are good?

Do you know what that "something" is? What parts of the agreement are good?
    I don't want us to be in the Paris accord, and I don't know what Trump might agree to, but I don't think the other members will agree to anything Trump will agree to.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I don't want us to be in the Paris accord, and I don't know what Trump might agree to, but I don't think the other members will agree to anything Trump will agree to.
    That all sounds kind of fuzzy to me. Leaves a lot of leeway if you get my drift.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    That all sounds kind of fuzzy to me. Leaves a lot of leeway if you get my drift.
    I don't pretend Dump is perfect but we are still pulling out, if he agrees to something and puts us back in I will add it to the long list of things he has done wrong, but the Euro scum in the OP lied and claimed that Dump had changed his position when he hadn't.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I don't pretend Dump is perfect but we are still pulling out, if he agrees to something and puts us back in I will add it to the long list of things he has done wrong, but the Euro scum in the OP lied and claimed that Dump had changed his position when he hadn't.
    Or he's telling them one thing and us another, it's been known to happen.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Or he's telling them one thing and us another, it's been known to happen.
    But which is the lie if you are right?

When he does something we can talk about it, until then these rumors from Euro scum and anonymous leakers are a waste of time.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump hasn't said he WILL pull out. He said he would CONSIDER pulling out if he can't get a better deal. He has three years (the rest of his term) to think about it.

When he does something we can talk about it, until then these rumors from Euro scum and anonymous leakers are a waste of time.
    He hasn't done anything yet.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But which is the lie if you are right?

Ok, if you say so. I would really hate to waste time.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Trump hasn't said he WILL pull out. He said he would CONSIDER pulling out if he can't get a better deal. He has three years (the rest of his term) to think about it.

He hasn't done anything yet.
    it took about 10 minutes for the White House to deny the WSJ report, with the NYT and Bloomberg reporting that a White House spokesman has denied the WSJ story claiming US might stay in Paris accords, saying "position hasn't changed." Bloomberg confirms the White House comment, stating that there is "no change" in the US position on the Paris Deal, and that US will withdraw unless presented with "more favorable terms."

@PressSec

Our position on the Paris agreement has not changed. @potuS has been clear, US withdrawing unless we get pro-America terms.
    2:32 PM - 16 Sep 2017 https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/...s-agreement%2F

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

it took about 10 minutes for the White House to deny the WSJ report, with the NYT and Bloomberg reporting that a White House spokesman has denied the WSJ story claiming US might stay in Paris accords, saying "position hasn't changed." Bloomberg confirms the White House comment, stating that there is "no change" in the US position on the Paris Deal, and that US will withdraw unless presented with "more favorable terms."

@PressSec

Our position on the Paris agreement has not changed. @potuS has been clear, US withdrawing unless we get pro-America terms.
    2:32 PM - 16 Sep 2017 https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/...s-agreement%2F

"Unless we get pro- American terms"- not leaving now, might later. Trying to re-negotiate for now.

What is his original position he is not changing from? From his "official position" speech in June:

Speaking from the White House, Trump said he was open to renegotiating aspects of the agreement, which was inked under his predecessor and which all nations except two have signed onto.
    "We want fair treatment," Trump said. "We don't want other countries and other leaders to laugh at us anymore."
    In triggering the official withdrawal procedures, Trump has sparked a lengthy process that won't conclude until November 2020 -- the same month he's up for reelection, ensuring the issue becomes a major topic of debate in the next presidential contest.

In his remarks, Trump said he was open to re-brokering US carbon reduction commitments, but didn't express any urgency in bringing the US back into the deal, which he claimed placed "draconian" financial burdens on the American people.

"We're getting out," he said. "And we will start to renegotiate and we'll see if there's a better deal. If we can, great. If we can't, that's fine."

He can say he wants to leave now, but it won't be official and done until 2020. Meanwhile, they will continue to talk about it. And that is "sticking to his position." (noting that the official statements issued this week didn't dispute any claims or say what his "original position" was- only that they would be "sticking to it". )
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-18-2017 at 09:11 PM.

"Unless we get pro- American terms"- not leaving now, might later. Trying to re-negotiate for now.

From his allegedly "official position" speech in June:

You lack reading comprehension, WE ARE LEAVING, WE MIGHT AGREE TO STAY IF WE GET A "BETTER DEAL", BUT UNTIL THAT HAPPENS (and it won't) WE ARE LEAVING.

In triggering the official withdrawal procedures, Trump has sparked a lengthy process that won't conclude until November 2020 -- the same month he's up for reelection, ensuring the issue becomes a major topic of debate in the next presidential contest.

In his remarks, Trump said he was open to re-brokering US carbon reduction commitments, but didn't express any urgency in bringing the US back into the deal, which he claimed placed "draconian" financial burdens on the American people.

"We're getting out," he said. "And we will start to renegotiate and we'll see if there's a better deal. If we can, great. If we can't, that's fine."

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You lack reading comprehension, WE ARE LEAVING, WE MIGHT AGREE TO STAY IF WE GET A "BETTER DEAL", BUT UNTIL THAT HAPPENS (and it won't) WE ARE LEAVING.
    won't conclude until November 2020
    Nothing is official until it is official (which is something you also say). That happens in November, 2020.

"And we will start to renegotiate
    If he was 100% going to leave, there would be no point in renegotiating.

The threat of leaving is a bargaining tactic.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-18-2017 at 09:16 PM.

Nothing is official until it is official (which is something you also say). That happens in November, 2020.
    I never said it was done yet, but the process has started, unless it is stopped we are leaving, the Euro scum claimed that that had changed but it hasn't, IF it does then we can talk about it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I never said it was done yet, but the process has started, unless it is stopped we are leaving, the Euro scum claimed that that had changed but it hasn't, IF it does then we can talk about it.
    If you say so.

WE ARE LEAVING,
    With all caps, you make it sound like you consider it a final, done deal.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-19-2017 at 01:49 PM.

If you say so.
    I did not say "WE HAVE LEFT".

Is English a second language for you?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Que?

No, I just play dumb for a living.

Days since Trump has been president: 242
    Days since Trump Withdrew from the Paris Accord: N/A

Maybe today will be the day? He's in the EU right?

If he was 100% going to leave, there would be no point in renegotiating.

The threat of leaving is a bargaining tactic.
    So I am confused. You usually seem to like the Paris Accord, yet here you seem upset that Trump might keep us in the Paris Accord? Would you prefer we stay or go?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast