Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: San Diego Is Dousing Its Streets With Bleach to Contain Hepatitis A Outbreak

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    My gosh... a poop map!? Unbelievable...
    Yeah you wanna get you a girl in the Heights or Forest Hill to shack up with so you can stay out of the $#@! .

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    I used to live in San Diego too, and it was always a beautiful, clean city. I was just there recently, at the train station in downtown San Diego on my way to the airport, and I didn't notice any homeless people. So I'm not sure what part of town they live in.
    The area of concern is a few blocks east of the baseball stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Ah, OK. I haven't been there in years. I used to go to Padres games way back in the day when I was a teenager.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

I used to live in San Diego too, and it was always a beautiful, clean city. I was just there recently, at the train station in downtown San Diego on my way to the airport, and I didn't notice any homeless people. So I'm not sure what part of town they live in.
    You have to be a dedicated Padres fan to wade through the poop to go to the game .

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    As I have said in other threads, there have been multiple mass exodus' from California to other States over the past 30 years (aka "white flight"). There is one going on right now. It usually coincides with peak housing prices and traffic. Colorado is a popular destination.

The political leaning of the fleeing persons generally match the population of California as a whole, thus more are bleeding heart leftists and progressives. Analogous to the homeless people, they will politically defecate until a place becomes unlivable to them, and then they will move on to destroy a new area.
    Yeah colorado is the new california . Once the locusts eat everything they migrate on .

Word on the street is San Diego is the new , best destination for the transient , mentally ill homeless . Probably going to need a poop map .

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Word on the street is San Diego is the new , best destination for the transient , mentally ill homeless . Probably going to need a poop map .
    The bleeding heart activists try to equate normal people (especially a family with children) being temporarily homeless with the mentally ill and bums (alcoholics, drug addicts).

These cities cover up the constant harassment, assaults and batteries committed by the latter, especially the mentally ill. It's a disgrace. They need to re-open the facilities that take care of those folks (as determined by the number of assaults they commit). There are a lot of islands on the California coast...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The bleeding heart activists try to equate normal people (especially a family with children) being temporarily homeless with the mentally ill and bums (alcoholics, drug addicts).
    This is how it goes. This is why you see the protected classes grow. They incorporate the innocent to try to gain sympathy. What used to be gay/lesbian issues are now more broadly defined and require both tolerance and $$$ from people outside the group. And no matter how inclusive the group, there are outsiders in the group. It's a sick, sick dynamic.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

You have to be a dedicated Padres fan to wade through the poop to go to the game .
    Nope, not a Padres fan (or sports fan of any kind) I just went to few games with my family, decades ago. And I never saw any homeless or poop there. I haven't been to that area near the stadium in ages though, as I don't live in San Diego anymore.
    Last edited by lilymc; 10-17-2017 at 01:15 PM.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Ah, OK. I haven't been there in years. I used to go to Padres games way back in the day when I was a teenager.
    At a totally different stadium (the newer Petco Park is downtown, the old Qualcomm aka Jack Murphy Stadium was in Mission Valley)
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    At a totally different stadium (the newer Petco Park is downtown)
    lol... I had a feeling that it was a different stadium but I wasn't sure. Like I said I haven't lived in SD for a long time.

― Henry David Thoreau

Tourists came to San Diego for Metallica, left with hepatitis A

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...109-story.html

November 9, 2017

Three friends from Salt Lake City visited San Diego in early August for the Metallica concert at Petco Park. Two of them unknowingly brought home an unwelcome souvenir.

Mike Johnson, 43, was diagnosed with hepatitis A on Sept. 14, a little more than a month after his trip to San Diego. By that time, his eyes and skin had turned a shade of yellow and doctors told him he was nearing liver failure.

“It was a nightmare. I was sleeping 14 to 16 hours a night,” Johnson said. “I couldn’t walk more than 100 feet without getting tired.”

Johnson’s friend, Josh Oviatt, 44, spent four days in the hospital.

“It was a phenomenal weekend, but we’re paying for it now,” Johnson said. “I essentially sacrificed six months of my life for that one weekend of fun.”

The third friend, Mike Rinna, 51, had previously been vaccinated for hepatitis A and did not get sick.

The San Diego outbreak has killed 20 people and more than 370 have required hospitalization. As of Tuesday, the county has tallied 544 people infected, and new cases continue to crop up. It’s one of the worst outbreaks the nation has seen in decades.

Johnson and Oviatt are unusual cases. Homeless individuals and illicit drug users represent the majority of cases and are considered most at-risk, according to county health officials. The virus is being spread from feces to mouth so unsanitary conditions — particularly among the region’s growing homeless population — make it more likely to spread.

It’s rare for the public to know anything about those who have contracted the disease. Health officials have been hesitant to release specifics on where cases are concentrated and who has been exposed, citing state and federal health privacy laws.

The weekend of the concert, Johnson said he and his friends “had a ball,” riding bikes on the Pacific Beach boardwalk, swimming in a hotel pool downtown, and eating and drinking at local bars and restaurants.

Johnson said he contacted U-T Watchdog because of one restaurant in particular.

All three men ate and drank at World Famous, the Pacific Beach eatery that was the subject of a September warning from county officials about possible hepatitis A exposure.

On Sept. 15 the county warned members of the public that they might be in danger of exposure if they went to World Famous at certain dates and times:

• Aug. 28, 29 and 30 from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.
    • Sept.3 and 4 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
    • Sept. 10 and 11 from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.

A U-T Watchdog investigation into the restaurant’s inspection history revealed that it had repeatedly violated California food laws. County inspection records show World Famous was cited with seven violations under the California Retail Food Code on Sept. 8, a week before the hepatitis A announcement.

Restaurant managers said the inspection issues were an unfortunate coincidence and had nothing to do with the hepatitis A situation. They also said the health issues had been addressed and corrected.

County spokesman Michael Workman said officials are aware of several cases in Utah, including Johnson and Oviatt.

The possible exposure window at World Famous was not in effect when Johnson, Oviatt and Rinna visited the restaurant, Workman said.

“We are certain they did not contract hepatitis A from our known case [at World Famous],” Workman said. “More likely culprits would be publicly-shared bathrooms on or off property, another unknown infected person, or any contaminated surface in or around the establishment.”

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, nearly 40 percent of those who contract hepatitis A require hospitalization, but it’s rare for someone to die from the disease. Death is more common among individuals who are over the age of 50 or have underlying liver problems.

Johnson said he did not know about the outbreak until he and Oviatt started getting sick in early September.

Symptoms include fever, fatigue, nausea, loss of appetite, yellowing of the eyes, stomach pain and vomiting. The usual time period from exposure to showing symptoms is 15 to 50 days, which means Johnson and Oviatt were most likely infected while visiting San Diego.

Johnson said he and his friends sat at the bar at World Famous on August 6, the day of the Metallica concert. They ordered beer, water and some appetizers, all of which were served by the bartender.

They also ate at several other restaurants and spent time at the beach.

According to county health officials, at least 17 food-service workers have been infected so far. Besides the case at World Famous, the county has not notified the public of food service worker infections. Officials say the other cases were not publicized because the infection was not identified in time for exposed members of the public to protect themselves with a vaccine.

I bet they wish they had hepatitis c...

Time for vaccination?

The third friend, Mike Rinna, 51, had previously been vaccinated for hepatitis A and did not get sick.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Did you go to any Pdres games this past season ?

Homeless people defecating on LA streets fuels horror hepatitis outbreak, as city faulted

An outbreak of hepatitis A is spreading through Los Angeles County after leaping from a large homeless contingent in San Diego, threatening thousands of people and fueling criticism that local officials have not done enough to contain the deadly liver disease.
    Hundreds of cases have turned up in southern California as well as Michigan -- but conditions in Los Angeles, where roughly 50,000 people live on the streets, have prompted deeper concerns.
    Reports compiled by volunteer organizations have faulted city officials for not providing enough accessible toilets as the homeless population sharply increased by 23 percent this year.
    In a prescient warning, a June 2017 report by a collection of nonprofits called the LA Central Providers Collaborative sounded the alarm about crowding and living conditions on Skid Row, citing the city’s own predictions about the increased risk for hepatitis A and other diseases.
    “One would think that Los Angeles, one of the greatest cities in the world, would exceed these minimal standards. However, this Audit finds that in Skid Row, Los Angeles fails to meet even the standards for a refugee camp,” the report said. “During overnight hours, there are only nine public toilets available for 1,777 unsheltered homeless people on Skid Row, and these toilets are largely inaccessible.”
    The report noted that United Nations’ refugee camp standards are one toilet for every 20 people.

Los Angeles currently has 31 hepatitis cases – 15 among the homeless and 16 gay men.

More at: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...y-faulted.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Yeah you wanna get you a girl in the Heights or Forest Hill to shack up with so you can stay out of the $#@! .
    Seems like they're organizing delivery now:

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

You people stop driving on my toilet!

And quit walking on my toilet too:

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

San Diego opens giant tent to contain hepatitis outbreak

https://www.yahoo.com/news/san-diego...234033138.html

JULIE WATSON, Associated Press•December 1, 2017

Crews continue with the final preparations in the city's new Temporary Bridge Shelter for the homeless Friday, Dec. 1, 2017, in San Diego. The first of three shelters opened Friday, which will eventually provide beds for up to 700 people, as the city struggles to control a homeless crisis gripping the region. (AP Photo/Gregory Bull)

SAN DIEGO (AP) — San Diego on Friday opened the first of three industrial-sized tents to house the homeless as part of the city's efforts to contain a hepatitis A outbreak stemming from the deplorable conditions people were living in on the streets.

About 20 people made their way to a bunk bed Friday in the tent that will house 350 single men and women. Two other giant tents will open later this month — one for families and one for veterans. The tents will house a total of 700 people.

The city turned to tents to get people off the streets and contain a hepatitis A outbreak that has killed 20 people in the past year, marking the worst epidemic of its kind in the US in 20 years. The virus lives in feces.

"There's going to be a marked different in what we see on the streets today and what we see at this time next year," said Bob McElroy of the Alpha Project, the nonprofit group that will operate the tent that opened Friday.

More than 3,000 people have been living on the streets in the city. The city opened a temporary campground in October where 200 people lived in tents. They will now be moved into the new giant tents.

Verna Vasbinder, 47, was among the first to move from the campground. She rolled in with her little black dog, Lucy Lui, on the seat of her walker with a cardboard sign hanging off the back that read: "Don't Touch the Dog! The Human Bites!"

She plopped down on her bunk bed and already felt lucky to be finally under a roof.

"My bones were hurting very badly sleeping on the ground," said Vasbinder, who has been homeless for six years. "And the dew, moisture in the morning. Whew! I'm out of the cold, off the ground and I'll be feeling better in a few days. All I need is to rest in a bed."

Mayor Kevin Faulconer, who welcomed her to the tent, said the goal is to move 65 percent of the occupants into permanent housing. The city had to divert $6.5 million budgeted for permanent housing to fund the operation of the tents for seven months.

The tents will provide an array of services from mental health care to housing navigators.

But the city still faces an acute housing shortage for the poor. Faulconer has earmarked more than $80 million in funds to address the problem.

Gemma Librado lives a block away from the tent that opened Friday. She said she is glad to see the streets being cleaned up but she worries it may attract more homeless. Last Sunday, a homeless man high on drugs and with a bleeding hand ran into her apartment when she opened the door and locked himself in the bathroom. She and her 6-year-old son ran out and called police. The man broke things in her bathroom, left bloodstains on the floor and scared her.

"If this makes things more orderly than I support this," she said. "But I'm worried. I don't want this to bring in more homeless to the area and people using drugs. There are families with children around here."

But will they use the restroom facilities? or will they just use the floor?
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 12-07-2017 at 06:55 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    But will the use the restroom facilities? or will they just use the floor?
    We should send Zippy to find out.

San Francisco Streets More Filthy Than Third World Slums

February 19th, 2018 Via: NBC:
    How dirty is San Francisco? An NBC Bay Area Investigation reveals a dangerous mix of drug needles, garbage, and feces throughout downtown San Francisco. The Investigative Unit surveyed 153 blocks of the city – the more than 20-mile stretch includes popular tourist spots like Union Square and major hotel chains. The area – bordered by Van Ness Avenue, Market Street, Post Street and Grant Avenue – is also home to City Hall, schools, playgrounds, and a police station.

“If you do get stuck with these disposed needles you can get HIV, Hepatitis C, Hepatitis B, and a variety of other viral diseases,” said Dr. Lee Riley, an infectious disease expert at University of California, Berkeley. He warned that once fecal matter dries, it can become airborne, releasing potentially dangerous viruses, such as the rotavirus. “If you happen to inhale that, it can also go into your intestine,” he said. The results can prove fatal, especially in children.
    Riley has researched conditions across the poorest slums of the world. His book titled, “Slum Health,” examines health problems that are created by extreme poverty.
    Based on the findings of the Investigative Unit survey, Riley believes parts of the city may be even dirtier than slums in some developing countries.
    “The contamination is … much greater than communities in Brazil or Kenya or India,” he said. He notes that in those countries, slum dwellings are often long-term homes for families and so there is an attempt to make the surroundings more livable. Homeless communities in San Francisco, however, are often kicked out from one part of town and forced to relocate to another. The result is extreme contamination, according to Riley.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    CalExit .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234