Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: San Diego Is Dousing Its Streets With Bleach to Contain Hepatitis A Outbreak

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Not racist, more like paranoid if you asked me. How the hell did you even make a connection with race and the OP story? sometimes, I am amazed at how some of you people can make the connection with everything bad and awful in this world to race. If there was an Olympics for that, you would take all the gold medals

Lastly, nobody is going to call you a racist for trying to avoid disease carrying street bums. That is the good news, the bad news is that I think this irrational believe that people are going to call u a racist for normal behaviour is just your conscience fu*king with you.
    Lol, you either haven't been paying much attention or you have some serious tunnel vision there Che.
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It turns out that they are actually washing and/dousing the street with dilute bleach.
    Bwa ha ha ha, did you even read the article comrade? Or are you just here for the knee jerk reaction to posts?
    "The Patriarch"

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So you think that we are going to pollute the environment by spraying diluted bleach on the streets? yea, that chemical compound that parents use to disinfect their baby's eating utensil and used in hundreds of thousands of swimming pools in the US is what is going to pollute our environment? So yea, science when combo-ed with ignorance is very hard

And what is with the hyperbolic, sensational tone of the article? why use dousing and washing when describing the process of spraying dilute bleach on the street? This is not going to kill anyone. Sodium hypochlorite is a fairly safe compound that is of very little harm to the environment and the compound would generally disintegrate into its harmless component elements after being used in the environment.

The people who wrote this article are trying to scare you with bleach because they think that most people reading it did not completed college chemistry.
    Yes you're actually correct. I was trolling for the anti-science trolls who have previously posted very anti-science arguments about the DANGERS of bleach.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Every man a king chemist, Comrade? No, the article's drawing the readers' attention from the actual population to blame.

You've missed the point, Comrade. Sandy Dego's targeting all the wrong bums - Hep A became an epidemic through the food handlers. California's filthier every year, and many are obviously disgusting, unhygienic street $#@!ters, but there's another population who don't wash. I'm not even an epidemiologist, and its obvious they're the ones spreading the outbreak.

Put that race card back in your hand, Comrade.
    I don't want to put words into your mouth so can you please spell out the racial component and connection to this story? I think I know what you are getting at but can you please say it yourself and if possible use the article to support your theory.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Bwa ha ha ha, did you even read the article comrade? Or are you just here for the knee jerk reaction to posts?
    I remember when you used to be cool and sh*t, but now you have changed and all up in my case, what happened to you?

Anyway, I read the article and the original article the OP writer was referencing and it actually never used doused in it. Washing was mentioned in the headline of the NPR article but I must have read past it to the main story. Its still spraying albeit at high pressure, but is its just that when I think of the word douse, I am thinking of someone pouring water like in a bucket onto a other surface. That is, the kinda heavy soaping that can leave a puddle in its wake.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I am here to weed out the racists. Please keep back while I conduct my investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Yes you're actually correct. I was trolling for the anti-science trolls who have previously posted very anti-science arguments about the DANGERS of bleach.
    Oh, I guess I can't take it back now

I remember when you used to be cool and sh*t, but now you have changed and all up in my case, what happened to you?

Anyway, I read the article and the original article the OP writer was referencing and it actually never used doused in it. Washing was mentioned in the headline of the NPR article but I must have read past it to the main story. Its still spraying albeit at high pressure, but is its just that when I think of the word douse, I am thinking of someone pouring water like in a bucket onto a other surface. That is, the kinda heavy soaping that can leave a puddle in its wake.
    T'wasn't I that changed comrade.
    "The Patriarch"

As a preventive measure, I bleach my skin and shove a bottle of vitamins up my arse every time I read the word "California".

One can't be too safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And I'm a racist and a "hater" because I don't want my small town to turn into this...hepatitis infections running amok because of disease infected bums $#@!ting in the streets.
    Your small towns ship your homeless neighbors to us instead of taking care of them yourselves. This has gone on for too long.
    ..Oo.o~ Rights are Divine ~o.oO..

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by hard@work View Post
    Your small towns ship your homeless neighbors to us instead of taking care of them yourselves. This has gone on for too long.
    Nahh...

Since I moved to a small midsouth town a couple of years ago, I have seen 2 homeless people and one of those was likely hitching through the area.

The cost of living is low and people have more affordable housing around here.

There's some real shanties back off the roads that are just jacked up... but because we have little for regulation, they're left alone and have a home.

It's nice to see even the poor afford a roof over their heads and the churches bring them food.

God bless small towns.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    I am here to weed out the racists. Please keep back while I conduct my investigation.
    Did someone say weed?

Oh - darn. Never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by hard@work View Post
    You're on crack.

The homeless aren't homeless here because we take care of them.

I don't want to put words into your mouth so can you please spell out the racial component and connection to this story?
    In my travels around the world, I have found that the filthy habit of indiscriminately and publicly $#@!ting in the streets is almost exclusively found in nations populated by "dark" peoples.

It was, in fact, my very first glimpse of Africa, while mooring a vessel, and the crew having to handle heaving and mooring lines that had just been handled by a dock crew, three of whom had only moments before hung their asses over the quay and $#@! in the harbor.

So, by even pointing this out, it's clear I am a racist, and that hygiene, disinfection and proper sanitation is merely odious white privilege, and that I should embrace the cultural enrichment brought about by being exposed to such habits.

In my travels around the world, I have found that the filthy habit of indiscriminately and publicly $#@!ting in the streets is almost exclusively found in nations populated by "dark" peoples.

It was, in fact, my very first glimpse of Africa, while mooring a vessel, and the crew having to handle heaving and mooring lines that had just been handled by a dock crew, three of whom had only moments before hung their asses over the quay and $#@! in the harbor.

So, by even pointing this out, it's clear I am a racist, and that hygiene, disinfection and proper sanitation is merely odious white privilege, and that I should embrace the cultural enrichment brought about by being exposed to such habits.
    That is related to poverty more than race. Not having a literal pot to piss (or poop) in. There are fewer dead poor white people.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    That is related to poverty more than race. Not having a literal pot to piss (or poop) in. There are fewer dead poor white people.
    No, I don't buy that.

In the case I related, for instance, there were porta-$#@!ters at the end of the quay, a mere 15 minute walk.

Or look at examples of poverty here in the US.

A filthy unkempt yard, garbage and junk stacked around, is a good example.

When do you get so poor you can't pick a piece of trash?

Poverty does not cause sloth and filthy personal habits.

Sloth and filthy personal habits are indications of a mindset that causes poverty.

No, I don't buy that.

In the case I related, for instance, there were porta-$#@!ters at the end of the quay, a mere 15 minute walk.

Or look at examples of poverty here in the US.

A filthy unkempt yard, garbage and junk stacked around, is a good example.

When do you get so poor you can't pick a piece of trash?

Sloth and filthy personal habits are indications of a mindset that causes poverty.
    If they are too nasty people may not want to use them. Loading and unloading ships can be hard work- it doesn't sound like these ones were that lazy. But I was not there.

I don't doubt your account of the story, my only issue is how is the OP story connected to race? Its like you read a story that talks about something black people do and next you know the story is about race. I also think people might call you a racist when you continuously make connection to race where there is no evidence it exists.

I wish for you and everybody else on this site who are quick to bring race into the discussion to at least wait for a connection to be made before making it a race story.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Don't forget $#@!ting in the streets like animals:
    And so the Boomers have come full circle; they've brought everything India to Murka.
    damnit, whenever somebody mentioned outsourcing tech work to india, I would jokingly ask them if they really wanted to trust their business technology with a country where they cant even manage indoor plumbing. now I cant even use that example anymore. damnit.

Looks like most here have never been to San Diego.

Overall it's a beautiful, clean city with some amazing things to enjoy, plus beaches and incredible weather. And if anybody's actually taking a dump on the streets (which I doubt), it's probably a bunch of drunken sailors- as it is a Navy port.
    There is no spoon.

Honest observations on how a culture largely behaves is not racism. That's a lie brought to you by the idiots on the left. Stop spreading it. Thanks.

Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    damnit, whenever somebody mentioned outsourcing tech work to india, I would jokingly ask them if they really wanted to trust their business technology with a country where they cant even manage indoor plumbing. now I cant even use that example anymore. damnit.
    The problem will be solved by 10/2/2019 - Bill Gates praises PM Modi’s efforts to end open defecation in India

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post

Overall it's a beautiful, clean city with some amazing things to enjoy, plus beaches and incredible weather. And if anybody's actually taking a dump on the streets (which I doubt), it's probably a bunch of drunken sailors- as it is a Navy port.
    I used to live there and I have no doubt that there are non-navy folk $#@!ting in the streets there.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I used to live there and I have no doubt that there are non-navy folk $#@!ting in the streets there.
    I lived there as well and that's not my experience.

Here San Diego is #14 in the top 20 healthiest cities in the US:

http://www.travelchannel.com/interes...lthiest-cities
    There is no spoon.

Hah! You must be hanging around Danke.

That said, I'm only going by what's being reported, the hepatitis being caused by, in part, human fecal matter on the streets.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I lived there as well and that's not my experience.

Here San Diego is #14 in the top 20 healthiest cities in the US:

http://www.travelchannel.com/interes...lthiest-cities
    Lol.
    "The Patriarch"

I don't doubt your account of the story, my only issue is how is the OP story connected to race? Its like you read a story that talks about something black people do and next you know the story is about race.
    It's not, other than in the very peripheral way I mentioned.

That's my point.

Even though the story isn't, to say "I don't want that where I live" will be universally decried in today's climate as "racist" simply because many homeless may be "people of color".

I don't doubt your account of the story, my only issue is how is the OP story connected to race? Its like you read a story that talks about something black people do and next you know the story is about race.
    It's not, other than in the very peripheral way I mentioned.

That's my point.

Even though the story isn't, to say "I don't want that where I live" will be universally decried in today's climate as "racist" simply because many homeless may be "people of color".

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Like the homeless are food handlers. Sure. And they eat in restaurants a lot too. Must be how they got it.

(nationwide there are usually less than 20,000 cases a year).
    The homeless would never eat at a cheap taqueria. They prepare fresh food in their own gourmet kitchens.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast