Thread: US Bombings in Afghanistan Hit Five-Year High in August

US Bombings in Afghanistan Hit Five-Year High in August

Jason Ditz Posted on September 12, 2017

Over 500 Bombs Dropped in a Single Month

Even before President Trump made his late-August speech announcing the escalation of the Afghan War, the war has been dramatically escalating by several metrics. Today, Central Command issued new figures underscoring that with respect to airstrikes.

In the month of August, the US Air Force dropped more than 500 bombs in Afghanistan in the month of August, which officials were quick to note was the single highest month of bombs dropped in five years, going all the way back to 2012.

It’s also the biggest of the year, obviously, but 2017 in general has been a massive escalation, with over 2,000 bombs dropped this year, which is already more than double the entirety of 2016, with four more months to go.

US pilots in Afghanistan have said that they expect an increase in activity throughout the rest of the year, with more troops coming to the country, and with more territory falling to the Taliban, it’s likely that the US will rely increasingly on airstrikes to try to slow the rate of loss.
    http://news.antiwar.com/2017/09/12/u...Antiwar.com%29
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

hmm... needs more ka-boom.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

In before Danno comes along to explain how we don't understand Trump's grand-master level chess playing, and/ or how much worse Hillary would have been.
    Be careful when you pry my gun from my cold dead hands, the barrel will be hot.

Five-Year High

Now that's a heckuva deal.
    Against all of my instincts of course, but when I tune in, turn on, and listen to the generals it all really comes together.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    Five-Year High

Now that's a heckuva deal.
    Against all of my instincts of course, but when I tune in, turn on, and listen to the generals it all really comes together.
    Yeah, sounds like the "give authority to the Generals" strategy is having a predictable effect.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Yeah, sounds like the "give authority to the Generals" strategy is having a predictable effect.
    Looks like the CIA and ISI training and brainwashing young men to become jihadist rebels in 1979 is also having a predictable effect.
    Last edited by anaconda; 09-14-2017 at 02:23 PM.

This keeps the U.S. dollar sound. Very important. None of that gold or Euro nonsense.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Looks like training jihadist rebels in 1979 is also having a predictable effect.
    Afghanistan Before the Generals:

(You could hook up w/ some wild blonde...)

(... then talk about goats under the fig tree.)

Hell, Afghanistan of the sixties and early 70s was apparently more beautiful than Tuscany's been for a century - and Gawd knows what Italy's like today.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 09-14-2017 at 02:58 PM.

You see 500 bombs and I see 500D chess. Something something MSM, something something deep state. Clinton would have been 501.

I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Afghanistan Before the Generals:

(You could hook up w/ some wild blonde...)

(... then talk about goats under the fig tree.)

Hell, Afghanistan of the sixties and early 70s was apparently more beautiful than Tuscany's been for a century - and Gawd knows what Italy's like today.

There was rumors that same founding fathers of last historic disgraced dronegangster who created ISIS terrorist group in Syria, Benghazi etc were also behind financing/arming of violent Islamic Jihadeens/foreign fighters that turned a beautiful Afghanistan into a global cluster of radicalization couple of decades earlier.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Jason Ditz Posted on September 12, 2017

Over 500 Bombs Dropped in a Single Month

Even before President Trump made his late-August speech announcing the escalation of the Afghan War, the war has been dramatically escalating by several metrics. Today, Central Command issued new figures underscoring that with respect to airstrikes.

In the month of August, the US Air Force dropped more than 500 bombs in Afghanistan in the month of August, which officials were quick to note was the single highest month of bombs dropped in five years, going all the way back to 2012.

It’s also the biggest of the year, obviously, but 2017 in general has been a massive escalation, with over 2,000 bombs dropped this year, which is already more than double the entirety of 2016, with four more months to go.

US pilots in Afghanistan have said that they expect an increase in activity throughout the rest of the year, with more troops coming to the country, and with more territory falling to the Taliban, it’s likely that the US will rely increasingly on airstrikes to try to slow the rate of loss.
    http://news.antiwar.com/2017/09/12/u...Antiwar.com%29

Do these reports have numbers on how many people of Afghan race was killed from these massive bombs or these are being dropped on empty runways as happened in case of "beautiful massive" Syria bombing few months ago?

Hopefully we haven't gone back to SWC Bush Iraqi freedom war era of "we don't do bodycounts".

I could be proven wrong but my hunch is that at the end of Trump's 8 years far less civilians would have lost lives/limbs due to Trump's policies/wars of words/"massive bombings" compared to those of either small gummit SWC Bush or Nobel Peace Prize winner drone gangster.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows