Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Irma: 8 Dead in Sweltering Nursing Home cuz 'No AC Fuse' from Florida Power & Light

  1. #1

    Default Irma: 8 Dead in Sweltering Nursing Home cuz 'No AC Fuse' from Florida Power & Light

    8 dead after AC issue that forced evacuation of Hollywood nursing home
    AC repairman says he's at mercy of FPL to fix fuse needed to cool unit




    Local 10 News reporter Jenise Fernandez spoke to the man who has been trying to repair the AC. Airstron employee Dave Long said that a fuse needed to cool the AC unit popped out during Hurricane Irma and needs to be repaired. He said he's been calling Florida Power & Light for days to get it fixed.

    'There's nothing we can do,' Dave Long, Airstron employee

    "There's nothing we can do," Airstron employee Dave Long told Local 10 News. "We've been calling and calling."

    "There's nothing we can do," Long said. "We've been calling and calling. ... It just doesn't seem to be going anywhere and I can't do anything until we get that fuse popped back in."

    Long described the ordeal as "frustrating."

    He said it would only take about 30 minutes once the fuse is fixed for the AC to be restored.

    "Well, I came here after the storm on Monday and we saw the fuse was out, but we called at that time and now it's, what, Wednesday, and the fuse is still out and I can't do anything," Long said.


    Last edited by goldenequity; 09-13-2017 at 04:29 PM.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    Hollywood Hills Rehab Center (1 star on YELP)
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/hollywood-h...nter-hollywood

    9/5/2016
    Worst place ever... Put my mother here because it was easily accessible from my home... They leave patients waiting for hours before they change them, the floors are filthy, food is not prepared to meet patient diets, staff are disrespectful, disgusting, and unknowledgeable. I've seen first hand CNA's ignore patients begging to be taken to the bathroom.

    Their administrative staff are so ignorant is even astonishing that they actually have a degree.... Removing my mother from there ASAP.

    7/21/2016
    This place was a nightmare!!! Between the staff being unfriendly, unobservant to the patients SCREAMING from their room to MY grandmother getting transported there, when arrived she has 3 nurses holding her down when all she was trying to do was tell them she had to use the restroom. (they never took her to the bathroom, yet looked at my sister & myself and said get control of your grandmother.

    Hours have gone by NOT one nurse came in to check on her, we are still waiting on information as to WHY she was even brought here.... Finally with no help from the staff & the rude and disrespectful behavior from doctors and nurses we wanted to discharge my grandma, instead of saying we understand they argued and argued with us until we DEMANDED a supervisor to assist us with this situation.

    Long story short we removed our grandma from this facility & will never let her or any loved one ever go there... FOR YOUR SAKE DO NOT SEND YOUR FAMILY HERE!!!

    RUDE!!!
    NO COMPASSION!!!
    DIRTY!!
    SMELLY!!!

  4. #3

    Default

    The only kind of fuse I can think of that can't be fixed by the consumer is the one on the pole where it feeds the transformer.

  5. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    The only kind of fuse I can think of that can't be fixed by the consumer is the one on the pole where it feeds the transformer.
    Likely. especially with a industrial AC.

    Had the same issue once.

    And was wondering why the grid was left energized during a hurricane..
    They had cut power several hours prior in the past. This time it was kept energized till $hit blew.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  6. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Hollywood Hills Rehab Center (1 star on YELP)
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/hollywood-h...nter-hollywood

    9/5/2016
    Worst place ever... Put my mother here because it was easily accessible from my home... They leave patients waiting for hours before they change them, the floors are filthy, food is not prepared to meet patient diets, staff are disrespectful, disgusting, and unknowledgeable. I've seen first hand CNA's ignore patients begging to be taken to the bathroom.

    Their administrative staff are so ignorant is even astonishing that they actually have a degree.... Removing my mother from there ASAP.

    7/21/2016
    This place was a nightmare!!! Between the staff being unfriendly, unobservant to the patients SCREAMING from their room to MY grandmother getting transported there, when arrived she has 3 nurses holding her down when all she was trying to do was tell them she had to use the restroom. (they never took her to the bathroom, yet looked at my sister & myself and said get control of your grandmother.

    Hours have gone by NOT one nurse came in to check on her, we are still waiting on information as to WHY she was even brought here.... Finally with no help from the staff & the rude and disrespectful behavior from doctors and nurses we wanted to discharge my grandma, instead of saying we understand they argued and argued with us until we DEMANDED a supervisor to assist us with this situation.

    Long story short we removed our grandma from this facility & will never let her or any loved one ever go there... FOR YOUR SAKE DO NOT SEND YOUR FAMILY HERE!!!

    RUDE!!!
    NO COMPASSION!!!
    DIRTY!!
    SMELLY!!!
    That pretty much describes every rest home and "rehab" facility. They try to keep patients as long as they can get premium government money out of it, and when that runs out, they want to throw them out on the street. Not to be callous, but most of those folks were not long for this earth, and they had no quality of life.
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  7. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    The only kind of fuse I can think of that can't be fixed by the consumer is the one on the pole where it feeds the transformer.
    That was my thoughts too.

  8. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    That pretty much describes every rest home and "rehab" facility. They try to keep patients as long as they can get premium government money out of it, and when that runs out, they want to throw them out on the street. Not to be callous, but most of those folks were not long for this earth, and they had no quality of life.
    Living dead....
    Last edited by navy-vet; 09-13-2017 at 10:04 PM.

  9. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    That pretty much describes every rest home and "rehab" facility. They try to keep patients as long as they can get premium government money out of it, and when that runs out, they want to throw them out on the street. Not to be callous, but most of those folks were not long for this earth, and they had no quality of life.
    . I worked at one as a CNA. They kept them drugged in a suspended state of animation long after the spirit has left their body. It was the most soul crushing job I have ever had.

  10. #9

    Default

    I would find someplace the power was still out and get the fuse there and then change it .

  11. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    . I worked at one as a CNA. They kept them drugged in a suspended state of animation long after the spirit has left their body. It was the most soul crushing job I have ever had.
    One of these places did a pretty good job of killing my dad earlier this year.

    I gave him six months, and almost to the day, he was dead.

  12. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I would find someplace the power was still out and get the fuse there and then change it .
    I don't have the nerve to fool around with those 5000 volt fuses. I don't have the insulated stick they use to put them in with either.

  13. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    . I worked at one as a CNA. They kept them drugged in a suspended state of animation long after the spirit has left their body. It was the most soul crushing job I have ever had.
    Yeah. The body is stubborn. But what else can you do with them?
    * Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

    * No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

    * Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.

    * End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.




    Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]

  14. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I don't have the nerve to fool around with those 5000 volt fuses. I don't have the insulated stick they use to put them in with either.
    Ya , I would send Danke , but I would be there to offer support .

  15. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Yeah. The body is stubborn. But what else can you do with them?
    Yeah, palliative care....






Similar Threads

  1. Nursing home resident dead after confrontation
    By mad cow in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-30-2013, 06:35 AM
  2. Nursing Home/Elderly Outreach
    By netwalker in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-26-2011, 12:04 AM
  3. Get real: Light the fuse every payday!
    By DrN0 in forum Fundraising Planning & Promotion Techniques
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-20-2011, 01:49 PM
  4. Nursing home talks
    By BUSHLIED in forum Marketing Strategy, Influence & Persuasion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-19-2011, 11:58 PM
  5. Adopt a Nursing Home :D
    By born2drv in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-20-2007, 09:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •