Thread: Suggestions for Tablets?

Question Suggestions for Tablets?

I'm in need of a tablet. Any suggestions any of you may have will be appreciated.

Thank You
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation, I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand."
    - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    what are you going to use it for? in what type of environment? Any particular software needs?

Our family is totally sold on the Lenovo Yoga Tab3.
    It's under 200 bucks. The speakers are AMAZING. It is a completely bare-bones Android build with NO bloatware. Integrated metal kickstand that really works.
    I've even been inside one and was pretty impressed at the design.... clean and straightforward (for a tablet, of course).
    The only nitpick I have is that you cant really operate the volume rocker one handed when it's on the kickstand, as it is on the side and you push the entire tablet before the button engages.
    It also has an unconventional form factor but we all really like it... it makes it really easy to tell which end is up.

Eta the 1gb / 16gb / 8" is 125 bucks. 2gb ram pushes it up to 160 and there are 10" models that go over 200.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01C5...lDL&ref=plSrch

Pps I cant shut up about these I'm that impressed. The round section at the base isn't just to make the kickstand and swivel camera work - it is shaped that way to fit standard Lion cells, which probably reduced cost. It is just well designed
    Last edited by fisharmor; 09-13-2017 at 10:31 AM.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Using it for college. Lots of flash usage, HTML, email, video, note taking.
    Preferably a Android device.
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people designed to make of their victory,
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation, I would have preferred to die at Appomattox

I've always been partial to these, myself.

When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

No responses?!

The RCA Voyager III is simply craptastic, but for $39 at WalMart I couldn't pass it up.
    I picked up four of these cheapos for my first tablet experience. These are primarily used as WiFi comms between family members.

Same models (Marshmallow 6.0), but 1 out of 4 tablets wouldn't handle JitsiMeet. Still no idea why.

Battery life is a horrible 3-4 hours if you really put it through the paces, single speaker, glitchy start ups/occasional crashes.
    Has front/rear camera, audio out jack.

Some stuff that seems to work well enough on these POS things (for now):

F-Droid
    Firefox focus / Firefox -accesses BitChute well enough.
    Wire
    GoToMeeting
    Jitsi Meet (3 of 4)
    Antox
    Tutanota
    Protonmail
    WELS Moblie app (Bible stuff, daily devotions, etc)
    Diaspora Native Web app
    VLC media player
    Note Crypt Pro

I'm always looking for a totally Linux replacement for the Android OS tablet, some kind of mini computer. Please let me know if you have any affordable Linux tablet/mini ideas.
    Last edited by bunklocoempire; 09-15-2017 at 12:51 PM.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

My Nexus 7 has been wonderful. I used it for school. It is about the size of a paperback novel, meaning it can fit in the back pocket of most men's jeans. You can get refurbished ones for pretty cheap too.

https://www.amazon.com/Asus-Google-T...ywords=nexus+7

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My Nexus 7 was a piece of crap, right up to the sudden deceleration at carpet level. Frozen screen, failure to rotate and the occasional need for a hard reset to get functionality back made it a serious regret.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    I prefer one of these myself

Quote Originally Posted by V4Vendetta View Post
    I'm in need of a tablet. Any suggestions any of you may have will be appreciated.

Thank You
    Lead.
    Lasts longer than clay.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I bought an RCA Cambio Windows 10 tablet last year, this I think is the newest one at just under a $100:
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-Cambi...4385#read-more
    The main features are detachable keyboard included, full USB port, and mini-HDMI out (none of which were features in the very first Windows tablet I purchased, a Dell Venue 8 Pro in 2014 I think). And of course works with Windows 10 compatible software.
    As a dedicated tablet, I think I'd be more inclined to get something Android but if the Windows compatibility can come in handy and you want something cheap I think it's a good machine to buy. Plus you could also buy an Android in addition to this

Quote Originally Posted by V4Vendetta View Post
    No responses?!
    I am no help . I do not use a tablet or smart phone. I bought the Mrs a tablet Christmas before last but I dunno what kind it was .