Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rand Paul Forces Vote On 2001/2002 AUMFs

God bless Rand Paul. #EndtheWars #EndtheFED
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    all these cowardly senators, too afraid to force a vote on a new AUMF

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Wrench in their gear? this is nothing more than a minor speed bump. The globalist with their puppet n chief Trump will continue to wreck havoc with wars. Btw, didn't Rand support the arming of the Kurds who are now fighting the Syrian govt in Deir Ezzor? I wonder if he is willing to cut 100% of their funding to pay for the hurricane relief. i doubt it, I think just like most senators, they all think their unconstitutional pet project is important.

I will wait and see what effect this attempt at a correction of the endless war has in the world before I start elecbrating.
    Rand talked about arming the autonomous Kurdistan Region when they were the only ones who could hold off the expansion of ISIS in Iraq, and they were doing it with limited and outdated weapons. At the time, ISIS took most of Northern Iraq and were nearing Baghdad, and the Iraqi army was retreating and running.

This was also the time when the Yazidis were being massacred by ISIS, and only the Kurdish Peshmerga forces could help them.

Context is important.

The autonomous Iraqi Kurdistan is no new idea. It was first established in 1970, and has been pretty much independent since 1991.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 09-13-2017 at 11:13 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

They are trying to kill Rands Amendments now. 33 Yes/ 23 No.
    Live on C-SPAN 2 now.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyrp12 View Post
    They are trying to kill Rands Amendments now. 33 Yes/ 23 No.
    Live on C-SPAN 2 now.
    Its a helluva a lot closer than I would have thought so far: Yes (table/kill) 33, No: 27

42/27 now. Does not look good.

Edit: 52/31
    Last edited by tommyrp12; 09-13-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Wrong, you don't defeat ISIS by creating new false narratives about the victim in this case.
    It's not a false narrative unless you lack a fundamental understanding understanding of English and context. What nations did Rand Paul say we would need to work with to stop ISIS. Right, you said it, the nations that are sponsoring ISIS. The MSM controls the narrative, unless Rand Paul can throw wrenches into their narratives we get narratives like Rand Paul is part of the establishment that's why he is attacking Trump. You can't stop ISIS without stopping the countries sponsoring isis, that begins with us, and the other countries Rand Paul mentioned. It creates room for debate that there are more then just two options isolation or intervention. Otherwise Rand Paul gets labeled the isolationist because he didn't want to rip up the Iran deal. The deal that said if any country attacked Iran we would protect them, knowing that we knew Israel was wanting to go to war with Iran.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12