Results 1 to 30 of 37

Thread: Rand Paul Forces Vote On 2001/2002 AUMFs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Default Rand Paul Forces Vote On 2001/2002 AUMFs



    The Senate will weigh in on Sen. Rand Paul's push to sunset two war authorizations, a vote that follows the Kentucky Republican's threat to grind an annual defense bill to a standstill.

    Senators will hold a vote on Paul's amendment to sunset the 2001 and 2002 Authorizations for the Use of Military Force (AUMF) on Wednesday.

    Paul wants to attach a six-month sunset of the two war bills to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). The 2001 AUMF passed in the wake of the Sept. 11 attacks, while the 2002 AUMF authorized the Iraq War..


    ...

    However, Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.), one of the Senate's most vocal proponents of a new war authorization, said on Tuesday that he would support Paul's push. "I am supporting Senator Paul's amendment. I think it is way past time—way past time—for Congress to take this up and for everybody to be on the record. I think our allies need to know whether Congress supports the American military missions currently under way," Kaine said.


    A spokesman for Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) said she would also vote in favor of Paul's proposal. And Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) announced on the Senate floor that he would support it.
    http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...s-war-proposal
    "The program of liberalism, ...if condensed into a single word, would have to read: property..."

    -Ludwig von Mises

    "Patriotism, not nationalism, should inspire the citizen. The ethnic nationalist who wants a linguistically and culturally uniform nation is akin to the racist who is intolerant toward those who look (and behave) differently. The patriot is a "diversitarian"; he is pleased, indeed proud of the variety within the borders of his country; he looks for loyalty from all citizens. And he looks up and down, not left and right."

    -Erik Maria Ritter von Kuehnelt-Leddihn

    "The monarch is a responsible person. The fact that a monarch is responsible "to God alone," rather than to an assembly or a popular majority, is rather shocking to an agnostic mind; but while God cannot be fooled, the masses can. While it is perhaps true that "one cannot fool all the people all the time," it seems one can fool millions for centuries."

    -Ibid.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

  4. #3

  5. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nikcers again."
    "The program of liberalism, ...if condensed into a single word, would have to read: property..."

    -Ludwig von Mises

    "Patriotism, not nationalism, should inspire the citizen. The ethnic nationalist who wants a linguistically and culturally uniform nation is akin to the racist who is intolerant toward those who look (and behave) differently. The patriot is a "diversitarian"; he is pleased, indeed proud of the variety within the borders of his country; he looks for loyalty from all citizens. And he looks up and down, not left and right."

    -Erik Maria Ritter von Kuehnelt-Leddihn

    "The monarch is a responsible person. The fact that a monarch is responsible "to God alone," rather than to an assembly or a popular majority, is rather shocking to an agnostic mind; but while God cannot be fooled, the masses can. While it is perhaps true that "one cannot fool all the people all the time," it seems one can fool millions for centuries."

    -Ibid.

  6. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nikcers again."
    Covered.
    Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    Yeah, I like cops. They keep the streets safe. Get over it.

    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The Fed is NOT safe from audit, Trump has said he wants to audit the fed and we may have some bills coming up soon.

    Trump is helping Rand pass his healthcare plan, if you think Trump actually supported RyanCare then you are foolish and you need to go read the threads where I addressed this topic. Rand was talking to Trump 2-3 times a week, and Rand told Trump straight up it wasn't going to pass, it didn't have the votes. Trump knew it wasn't going to pass, so he supported it to make sure it was all Paul Ryan's failure and none of it could be blamed on him. Trump hates Paul Ryan.

    Trump is going to help save Syria, with Russia's help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    It is not about brainwashing. You can support Trump for practical reasons. I think Danno is right about the Syria missile strikes helping Trump politically in the US. The media stopped talking about the sickening russian narrative. Proof again it was just a hoax to manipulate the public opinion.

    Trump made a good call as a politician. Libertarian souls can bitch all they want about principles and being conned. Trump is going to disappointed again. I have enough hairchest.

    Just answer the question. Which game is Trump playing?

  7. #6

    Default

    I think it is way past time—way past time—for Congress to take this up and for everybody to be on the record.
    Ya think!!??

  8. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    Ya think!!??
    Yes, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    Yeah, I like cops. They keep the streets safe. Get over it.

    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The Fed is NOT safe from audit, Trump has said he wants to audit the fed and we may have some bills coming up soon.

    Trump is helping Rand pass his healthcare plan, if you think Trump actually supported RyanCare then you are foolish and you need to go read the threads where I addressed this topic. Rand was talking to Trump 2-3 times a week, and Rand told Trump straight up it wasn't going to pass, it didn't have the votes. Trump knew it wasn't going to pass, so he supported it to make sure it was all Paul Ryan's failure and none of it could be blamed on him. Trump hates Paul Ryan.

    Trump is going to help save Syria, with Russia's help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    It is not about brainwashing. You can support Trump for practical reasons. I think Danno is right about the Syria missile strikes helping Trump politically in the US. The media stopped talking about the sickening russian narrative. Proof again it was just a hoax to manipulate the public opinion.

    Trump made a good call as a politician. Libertarian souls can bitch all they want about principles and being conned. Trump is going to disappointed again. I have enough hairchest.

    Just answer the question. Which game is Trump playing?

  9. #8

    Default

    Imagine if we had someone in the white house that wasn't a complete cuck for the MIC? someone who actually follows the constitution regarding the deployment of our military. This bill would not have been this urgent if we had an ally in the white house. He as a commander in chief can ignore this law.

    Only if we had someone in the white house who wasn't beholden to the globalists, Zionists and warmongers. I can only imagine
    Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling…makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I’m to choose between one evil and another, I’d rather not choose at all. Geralt of Rivia

    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.

  10. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Imagine if we had someone in the white house that wasn't a complete cuck for the MIC? someone who actually follows the constitution regarding the deployment of our military. This bill would not have been this urgent if we had an ally in the white house. He as a commander in chief can ignore this law.

    Only if we had someone in the white house who wasn't beholden to the globalists, Zionists and warmongers. I can only imagine
    We gotta give Rand Paul credit where credit is due, he is making them vote on ACA and now AUMF. We might not have drained the swamp but Rand Paul is sure throwing a wrench in their gears. I really think he stopped us from bombing Syria during Obama's presidency.

  11. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    We gotta give Rand Paul credit where credit is due, he is making them vote on ACA and now AUMF. We might not have drained the swamp but Rand Paul is sure throwing a wrench in their gears. I really think he stopped us from bombing Syria during Obama's presidency.
    Wrench in their gear? this is nothing more than a minor speed bump. The globalist with their puppet n chief Trump will continue to wreck havoc with wars. Btw, didn't Rand support the arming of the Kurds who are now fighting the Syrian govt in Deir Ezzor? I wonder if he is willing to cut 100% of their funding to pay for the hurricane relief. i doubt it, I think just like most senators, they all think their unconstitutional pet project is important.

    I will wait and see what effect this attempt at a correction of the endless war has in the world before I start elecbrating.
    Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling…makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I’m to choose between one evil and another, I’d rather not choose at all. Geralt of Rivia

    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.

  12. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Wrench in their gear? this is nothing more than a minor speed bump. The globalist with their puppet n chief Trump will continue to wreck havoc with wars. Btw, didn't Rand support the arming of the Kurds who are now fighting the Syrian govt in Deir Ezzor? I wonder if he is willing to cut 100% of their funding to pay for the hurricane relief. i doubt it, I think just like most senators, they all think their unconstitutional pet project is important.

    I will wait and see what effect this attempt at a correction of the endless war has in the world before I start elecbrating.
    Well $#@!, maybe its because he purposed arming the kurds instead of arming ISIS as a way to get congress to debate arming ISIS/authorization of military force? Maybe if you watched his speech he quoted Ron Paul and said we marched in there, we can march right back out.

  13. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Well $#@!, maybe its because he purposed arming the kurds instead of arming ISIS as a way to get congress to debate arming ISIS/authorization of military force? Maybe if you watched his speech he quoted Ron Paul and said we marched in there, we can march right back out.
    Yea, it must be Rand's "I've abandoned the free market to save the free market" line. He wants to unconstitutionally arm a land stealing, traitorous group of terrorists to attack the Syrians and take their land so that he can have a discussion about war authorization?

    Btw, I completely disagree with your assertion that Rand brought up to the topic of funding the Kurds as a way to start a discussion about AUMF. This is is pet project and he has been talking about it for years now. Btw, Ron would never bring up the idea of using US tax payers money to fund the Kurds.
    Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling…makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I’m to choose between one evil and another, I’d rather not choose at all. Geralt of Rivia

    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.

  14. #13

    Default

    The only reason to not celebrate this is that it won't pass...

    ...because most Senators/Congressmen are wholly owned subsidiaries of the MIC.

    But one isn't: like father like son.
    "The program of liberalism, ...if condensed into a single word, would have to read: property..."

    -Ludwig von Mises

    "Patriotism, not nationalism, should inspire the citizen. The ethnic nationalist who wants a linguistically and culturally uniform nation is akin to the racist who is intolerant toward those who look (and behave) differently. The patriot is a "diversitarian"; he is pleased, indeed proud of the variety within the borders of his country; he looks for loyalty from all citizens. And he looks up and down, not left and right."

    -Erik Maria Ritter von Kuehnelt-Leddihn

    "The monarch is a responsible person. The fact that a monarch is responsible "to God alone," rather than to an assembly or a popular majority, is rather shocking to an agnostic mind; but while God cannot be fooled, the masses can. While it is perhaps true that "one cannot fool all the people all the time," it seems one can fool millions for centuries."

    -Ibid.

  15. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    The only reason to not celebrate this is that it won't pass...

    ...because most Senators/Congressmen are wholly owned subsidiaries of the MIC.

    But one isn't: like father like son.
    We should celebrate this because Rand Paul is trying to stop them from using kim jung un to invade Iran the way they used saddam hussein to invade Afghanistan. This moves political debate in the direction of America needs to stop these wars not create more.

  16. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    didn't Rand support the arming of the Kurds who are now fighting the Syrian govt in Deir Ezzor?
    Well sure if you take anything out of context you can make it mean anything you want. Rand Paul also called for a new car stabilization fund to go with the insurance stabilization fund the republicans were trying to pass. Rand Paul said that the best way to defeat ISIS is not with military force but to stop arming ISIS. I think he gets it from his dad, one time Ron Paul said that we should stop sending money overseas and spend it here at home, oh no he wants to replace warfare spending with welfare spending he is not even conservative.

  17. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Well sure if you take anything out of context you can make it mean anything you want. Rand Paul also called for a new car stabilization fund to go with the insurance stabilization fund the republicans were trying to pass. Rand Paul said that the best way to defeat ISIS is not with military force but to stop arming ISIS. I think he gets it from his dad, one time Ron Paul said that we should stop sending money overseas and spend it here at home, oh no he wants to replace warfare spending with welfare spending he is not even conservative.
    You are confusing me, what am I taking out of context? He wasn't asking for funds for Kurdish terrorists to fight ISIS, he was asking for this money to assist the Kurds in stealing Iraqi and Syrian(aka fight the Syrian and Iraqi legit army) lands for themselves. Also, it is not the job of the US to fight ISIS in Syrian, they do not need our help in fighting ISIS and I doubt any significant number of US tax payers would lose sleep if we did not finance them.
    Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling…makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I’m to choose between one evil and another, I’d rather not choose at all. Geralt of Rivia

    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.

  18. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Wrench in their gear? this is nothing more than a minor speed bump. The globalist with their puppet n chief Trump will continue to wreck havoc with wars. Btw, didn't Rand support the arming of the Kurds who are now fighting the Syrian govt in Deir Ezzor? I wonder if he is willing to cut 100% of their funding to pay for the hurricane relief. i doubt it, I think just like most senators, they all think their unconstitutional pet project is important.

    I will wait and see what effect this attempt at a correction of the endless war has in the world before I start elecbrating.
    Rand talked about arming the autonomous Kurdistan Region when they were the only ones who could hold off the expansion of ISIS in Iraq, and they were doing it with limited and outdated weapons. At the time, ISIS took most of Northern Iraq and were nearing Baghdad, and the Iraqi army was retreating and running.

    This was also the time when the Yazidis were being massacred by ISIS, and only the Kurdish Peshmerga forces could help them.

    Context is important.

    The autonomous Iraqi Kurdistan is no new idea. It was first established in 1970, and has been pretty much independent since 1991.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 09-13-2017 at 11:13 AM.
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  19. #18

    Default

    If passed, would be a step in the right direction anyway.

    Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

  20. #19

    Default

    And this is why we need to keep backing Rand.
    My PGP Key
    PGP Fingerprint: 3A2E 6218 3722 3701 09C9 54CA 9BB3 104C 5049 B6B2

  21. #20

  22. #21

    Default

    God bless Rand Paul. #EndtheWars #EndtheFED
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

    It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

  23. #22

    Default

    all these cowardly senators, too afraid to force a vote on a new AUMF

  24. #23

    Default

    They are trying to kill Rands Amendments now. 33 Yes/ 23 No.
    Live on C-SPAN 2 now.

  25. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tommyrp12 View Post
    They are trying to kill Rands Amendments now. 33 Yes/ 23 No.
    Live on C-SPAN 2 now.
    Its a helluva a lot closer than I would have thought so far: Yes (table/kill) 33, No: 27

  26. #25

    Default

    42/27 now. Does not look good.

    Edit: 52/31
    Last edited by tommyrp12; 09-13-2017 at 10:37 AM.






Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-03-2017, 01:09 AM
  2. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-08-2014, 07:34 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-05-2011, 06:56 PM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-05-2011, 06:56 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 06:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •