Thread: Rand Paul Forces Vote On 2001/2002 AUMFs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rand Paul Forces Vote On 2001/2002 AUMFs

The Senate will weigh in on Sen. Rand Paul's push to sunset two war authorizations, a vote that follows the Kentucky Republican's threat to grind an annual defense bill to a standstill.

Senators will hold a vote on Paul's amendment to sunset the 2001 and 2002 Authorizations for the Use of Military Force (AUMF) on Wednesday.

Paul wants to attach a six-month sunset of the two war bills to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). The 2001 AUMF passed in the wake of the Sept. 11 attacks, while the 2002 AUMF authorized the Iraq War..

However, Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.), one of the Senate's most vocal proponents of a new war authorization, said on Tuesday that he would support Paul's push. "I am supporting Senator Paul's amendment. I think it is way past time—way past time—for Congress to take this up and for everybody to be on the record. I think our allies need to know whether Congress supports the American military missions currently under way," Kaine said.

A spokesman for Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) said she would also vote in favor of Paul's proposal. And Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) announced on the Senate floor that he would support it.
    http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...s-war-proposal

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nikcers again."

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nikcers again."
    Covered.
    "The Patriarch"

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    I think it is way past time—way past time—for Congress to take this up and for everybody to be on the record.
    Ya think!!??

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    Ya think!!??
    Yes, please.
    "The Patriarch"

Imagine if we had someone in the white house that wasn't a complete cuck for the MIC? someone who actually follows the constitution regarding the deployment of our military. This bill would not have been this urgent if we had an ally in the white house. He as a commander in chief can ignore this law.

Only if we had someone in the white house who wasn't beholden to the globalists, Zionists and warmongers. I can only imagine

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Imagine if we had someone in the white house that wasn't a complete cuck for the MIC? someone who actually follows the constitution regarding the deployment of our military. This bill would not have been this urgent if we had an ally in the white house. He as a commander in chief can ignore this law.

Only if we had someone in the white house who wasn't beholden to the globalists, Zionists and warmongers. I can only imagine
    We gotta give Rand Paul credit where credit is due, he is making them vote on ACA and now AUMF. We might not have drained the swamp but Rand Paul is sure throwing a wrench in their gears. I really think he stopped us from bombing Syria during Obama's presidency.

We gotta give Rand Paul credit where credit is due, he is making them vote on ACA and now AUMF. We might not have drained the swamp but Rand Paul is sure throwing a wrench in their gears. I really think he stopped us from bombing Syria during Obama's presidency.
    Wrench in their gear? this is nothing more than a minor speed bump. The globalist with their puppet n chief Trump will continue to wreck havoc with wars. Btw, didn't Rand support the arming of the Kurds who are now fighting the Syrian govt in Deir Ezzor? I wonder if he is willing to cut 100% of their funding to pay for the hurricane relief. i doubt it, I think just like most senators, they all think their unconstitutional pet project is important.

I will wait and see what effect this attempt at a correction of the endless war has in the world before I start elecbrating.

Wrench in their gear? this is nothing more than a minor speed bump. The globalist with their puppet n chief Trump will continue to wreck havoc with wars. Btw, didn't Rand support the arming of the Kurds who are now fighting the Syrian govt in Deir Ezzor? I wonder if he is willing to cut 100% of their funding to pay for the hurricane relief. i doubt it, I think just like most senators, they all think their unconstitutional pet project is important.

I will wait and see what effect this attempt at a correction of the endless war has in the world before I start elecbrating.
    Well $#@!, maybe its because he purposed arming the kurds instead of arming ISIS as a way to get congress to debate arming ISIS/authorization of military force? Maybe if you watched his speech he quoted Ron Paul and said we marched in there, we can march right back out.

Well $#@!, maybe its because he purposed arming the kurds instead of arming ISIS as a way to get congress to debate arming ISIS/authorization of military force? Maybe if you watched his speech he quoted Ron Paul and said we marched in there, we can march right back out.
    Yea, it must be Rand's "I've abandoned the free market to save the free market" line. He wants to unconstitutionally arm a land stealing, traitorous group of terrorists to attack the Syrians and take their land so that he can have a discussion about war authorization?

Btw, I completely disagree with your assertion that Rand brought up to the topic of funding the Kurds as a way to start a discussion about AUMF. This is is pet project and he has been talking about it for years now. Btw, Ron would never bring up the idea of using US tax payers money to fund the Kurds.

The only reason to not celebrate this is that it won't pass...

...because most Senators/Congressmen are wholly owned subsidiaries of the MIC.

But one isn't: like father like son.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    The only reason to not celebrate this is that it won't pass...

...because most Senators/Congressmen are wholly owned subsidiaries of the MIC.

But one isn't: like father like son.
    We should celebrate this because Rand Paul is trying to stop them from using kim jung un to invade Iran the way they used saddam hussein to invade Afghanistan. This moves political debate in the direction of America needs to stop these wars not create more.

didn't Rand support the arming of the Kurds who are now fighting the Syrian govt in Deir Ezzor?
    Well sure if you take anything out of context you can make it mean anything you want. Rand Paul also called for a new car stabilization fund to go with the insurance stabilization fund the republicans were trying to pass. Rand Paul said that the best way to defeat ISIS is not with military force but to stop arming ISIS. I think he gets it from his dad, one time Ron Paul said that we should stop sending money overseas and spend it here at home, oh no he wants to replace warfare spending with welfare spending he is not even conservative.

Well sure if you take anything out of context you can make it mean anything you want. Rand Paul also called for a new car stabilization fund to go with the insurance stabilization fund the republicans were trying to pass. Rand Paul said that the best way to defeat ISIS is not with military force but to stop arming ISIS. I think he gets it from his dad, one time Ron Paul said that we should stop sending money overseas and spend it here at home, oh no he wants to replace warfare spending with welfare spending he is not even conservative.
    You are confusing me, what am I taking out of context? He wasn't asking for funds for Kurdish terrorists to fight ISIS, he was asking for this money to assist the Kurds in stealing Iraqi and Syrian(aka fight the Syrian and Iraqi legit army) lands for themselves. Also, it is not the job of the US to fight ISIS in Syrian, they do not need our help in fighting ISIS and I doubt any significant number of US tax payers would lose sleep if we did not finance them.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Rand talked about arming the autonomous Kurdistan Region when they were the only ones who could hold off the expansion of ISIS in Iraq, and they were doing it with limited and outdated weapons. At the time, ISIS took most of Northern Iraq and were nearing Baghdad, and the Iraqi army was retreating and running.

This was also the time when the Yazidis were being massacred by ISIS, and only the Kurdish Peshmerga forces could help them.

Context is important.

The autonomous Iraqi Kurdistan is no new idea. It was first established in 1970, and has been pretty much independent since 1991.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 09-13-2017 at 11:13 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

If passed, would be a step in the right direction anyway.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

And this is why we need to keep backing Rand.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

God bless Rand Paul. #EndtheWars #EndtheFED
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

all these cowardly senators, too afraid to force a vote on a new AUMF

They are trying to kill Rands Amendments now. 33 Yes/ 23 No.
    Live on C-SPAN 2 now.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyrp12 View Post
    They are trying to kill Rands Amendments now. 33 Yes/ 23 No.
    Live on C-SPAN 2 now.
    Its a helluva a lot closer than I would have thought so far: Yes (table/kill) 33, No: 27

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    42/27 now. Does not look good.

Edit: 52/31
    Last edited by tommyrp12; 09-13-2017 at 10:37 AM.