Thread: Don't Take The Drugs Your Doctor Gave You Until You Read This

Don't Take The Drugs Your Doctor Gave You Until You Read This

All the sudden, everyone has a disease! What could have caused such a vast increase in hypertension, obesity, and osteoporosis?
    The answer is an expanded definition of who is considered afflicted.
    You walk into your doctor’s office for a physical exam and step on the scale. Last year, the doctor said you were overweight. Now he says you are obese — at the same weight.
    A nurse takes your blood pressure. You have hypertension — with the same previously healthy reading you’ve had for years.
    The doctor scans your wrist bone. You have a condition called “osteopenia” — with the same bone density that was fine last time you were measured…
    You are suddenly sick, simply because the definitions of disease have changed. And behind those changes, a Seattle Times examination has found, are the companies that make all those newly prescribed pills.
    This is nothing new. Unfortunately, the above quotation is from the introduction to a 2005 series of articles. They were sounding the alarm early, but things have only gotten worse.
    Back then, the pharmaceutical industry had a hand in designing the testing tools for osteoporosis. They helped change the definition of obesity. They redefined diseases without any strong evidence. And they did this by giving money to doctors in order to promote their agenda. Some of the doctors who received kickbacks were policy setters in the World Health Organization, the U.S. National Institute for Health, and other medical associations.
    Every time the boundary of a disease is expanded — the hypertension threshold is lowered by 10 blood-pressure points, the guideline for obesity is lowered by 5 pounds — the market for drugs expands by millions of consumers and billions of dollars.
    The result? Skyrocketing sales of prescription drugs. Soaring health-care costs. Escalating patient anxiety. Worst of all, millions of people taking drugs that may carry a greater risk than the underlying condition. The treatment, in fact, may make them sick or even kill them.
    One woman was taking a medication to lower her blood pressure. When it was ineffective, the dose was doubled. This caused an allergic reaction which sent her to the hospital and could have been deadly. Her doctor switched her to other medications.
    Her doctor, Saunders, doesn’t sound like some evil stooge taking back room bribes. He sounds like a man caught up in an industry in crisis.
    But Saunders isn’t sure whom to trust. He questions the stream of studies leading to new guidelines urging broader use of new medications.
    “In my heart of hearts,” he said, “I am concerned that these studies that are telling people that it’s best to get down to 120 over 80 are all paid for by drug companies who are trying to sell pills. It makes me uncomfortable. I think the days of getting unbiased information are gone.”
    But this is all old news. Most people have gotten a glimpse of such conflicts of interest. But still, doctors rely on the experts. Even if your local doctor is not corrupt and money hungry, he may be listening to people who are. And worse yet, he may be reading medical journals that are a complete fraud.
    Hundreds of “Scholarly Articles” Retracted
    The medical journal publisher Springer has retracted almost 200 papers in the last two years because “the peer review process was compromised.”
    Sadly, many of the retracted articles have to do with tumor biology. For years, people have been labeled conspiracy theorists for believing in the massive amount of corruption surrounding the cancer industry. This retraction is just the tip of the iceberg.
    The most affected journals are Tumor Biology (25 papers) and Diagnostic Pathology (23 papers). The other journals are Comparative Clinical Pathology (one paper), Journal of Parasitic Diseases (four papers), Cancer Cell International (two papers), Journal of Ovarian Research (two papers), and World Journal of Surgical Oncology (one paper).
    To submit a fake review, doctors often provided false emails which came back to them or someone else they could trust to provide a great review and vouch for the accuracy of the paper. Many journals accept paid entries without doing the homework to find out anything about the person submitting the paper, or who allegedly peer reviewed the piece.
    But even when the medical papers are not outright lies, they can be quite misleading. According to a JAMA review:
    Of the 45 eligible highly cited studies with efficacy claims (Table 2), 7 (16%) were contradicted by subsequent research, and another 7 (16%) were found to have initially stronger effects. In all these 14 cases (Box 1), subsequent studies were either larger or better controlled (randomized vs a nonrandomized original study). The findings of 20 highly cited articles (44%) were replicated (also with a larger sample size in subsequent research compared with the original highly cited study) and 11 (24%) had remained largely unchallenged.
    Basically, 66% of the highly cited studies could not really be trusted. There just was not enough evidence of their findings to take them as solid truth. 32% of the studies should have been ruled out altogether, since later better studies found the results incorrect or highly exaggerated.

More at: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...until-you-read
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nothing to see here. Move along. By the way, drug costs are a national emergency so the government must step in a pay for them. It's a human right to have government pay a pharmaceutical company to give you drugs.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I have a friend who went through drug hell with his doctor. They prescribe a drug for cholesterol, which was deemed unhealthy on a single blood test. He takes the meds, it causes more problems, which they then want to put him on two more drugs.

He stopped all the drugs and everything is OK again. It's a circus of incompetence out there.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

"...doctors rely on the experts. Even if your local doctor is not corrupt and money hungry, he may be listening to people who are. And worse yet, he may be reading medical journals that are a complete fraud."
    This is the problem in a nutshell, many doctors do not do their own research or think for themselves. The need to take a more holistic approach: Treat the whole person and not just the disease.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I have a friend who went through drug hell with his doctor. They prescribe a drug for cholesterol, which was deemed unhealthy on a single blood test. He takes the meds, it causes more problems, which they then want to put him on two more drugs.

He stopped all the drugs and everything is OK again. It's a circus of incompetence out there.
    If he is still worried about his Cholesterol tell him to take olive oil.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Customers are demanding pills from their doctors. "Come on doc! Ya gotta gimme sumthin'! "

Nothing to see here. Move along.
    Many journals accept paid entries....
    And there's the thing. Not that the peer review process can't be improved, but not all journals are created equal, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Customers are demanding pills from their doctors. "Come on doc! Ya gotta gimme sumthin'! "

That's fine, but don't tell me I have to pay for it by buying mandatory insurance (ACA) I neither need or want. Dope should strictly be done in the private sector.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Corruption+Stupidity=Fire+Gasoline

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That's because the TV told them so. They don't call it programming for nothing.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Doc, I am making $#@! up all the time! Ya gotta gimme sumthin'!

Cholesterol drugs turn you into a zombie.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Cholesterol drugs turn you into a zombie.
    Don't know about that, but apparently they can mess with other indicators, that require even more drugs...

Don't know about that, but apparently they can mess with other indicators, that require even more drugs...
    Statins also carry warnings that memory loss, mental confusion,...
    http://www.webmd.com/cholesterol-man...statin-drugs#2

That's because your brain needs cholesterol and when you take statins it literally shrinks the brain.

Your Brain Needs Cholesterol

Cholesterol is vitally important for brain function. While your brain represents about 2-3% of your total body weight, 25% of the cholesterol in your body is found in your brain, where it plays important roles in such things as membrane function, acts as an antioxidant, and serves as the raw material from which we are able to make things like progesterone, estrogen, cortisol, testosterone and even vitamin D.

In fact, in a recent study available on the NIH Public Access site, researchers showed that in the elderly, the best memory function was observed in those with the highest levels of cholesterol. Low cholesterol is associated with an increased risk for depression and even death.

This understanding of the important role of cholesterol in brain function raises concern as we now see changes in recommendations for prescribing statin medication. Some estimates indicate that moving forward, the number of individuals taking statins to lower cholesterol in America may actually double! This presents a worrisome proposition for brain health.
    http://www.drperlmutter.com/brain-needs-cholesterol/

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Statins also carry warnings that memory loss, mental confusion,...
    I have those symptoms and the only 'drug' I take is aspirin....

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looking up & reading the long list of possible side effects (often including death) should be enough make one thick twice about taking any of it... scares the $hit outta me.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    This understanding of the important role of cholesterol in brain function raises concern as we now see changes in recommendations for prescribing statin medication. Some estimates indicate that moving forward, the number of individuals taking statins to lower cholesterol in America may actually double! This presents a worrisome proposition for brain health.
    More zombies!