Thread: Why we lose liberty

Exclamation Why we lose liberty

Hands On with the TSA's New 'Enhanced' Pat-Down Procedure

http://www.weeklystandard.com/hands-...rticle/2009631

The government goes for second-base.

10:17 PM, Sep 11, 2017 | By John McCormack

Earlier this year, the LA Times reported: "TSA quietly launches new 'enhanced' pat-down procedure." The Times noted that TSA would not describe precisely how the new procedure is different from the old one: "TSA officials declined to detail the new universal procedure or the previous pat-down tactics, but the industry is bracing for passenger unhappiness about more invasive searches."

For those curious about what the "enhanced" pat-down involves, I had a first-hand experience (no pun intended) Sunday evening September 10 in the Kansas City airport. (This is going exactly where you think it's going, so feel free to stop reading right now.)

After going through a metal detector in the TSA-Pre security line, I was randomly selected to see if a machine would detect explosives on my hands. My palms were swabbed and the machine detected explosives, even though I had not recently handled a gun, flammable liquids, or any sort of explosives. Another airline passenger told me the same machine had detected explosives on the hands of another passenger who had gone through the line minutes before I did.

So what precisely does the "enhanced" pat-down seem to entail, you ask?

Well, since you asked, the agent runs his hand inside a passenger's waistband and also runs his hand up the back of each leg until he "meets resistance" and then does the same from the front of each leg. And then the TSA agent swipes the front of his hands 3 or 4 times right over the zipper area of one's Gap Outlet comfort-stretch khakis. That last part was the most unpleasant.

For what it's worth, this isn't the story of an agent who didn't know how to do a pat-down. The agent described exactly what he was going to do before he did it and seemed to be simply carrying out the government's policy. I'm sure he'd like a job that involves less groping.

I'm not a crazy ACLU-type. I've had no problem with body-scanners or previous TSA pat-downs. In 2009, a terrorist famously smuggled a bomb in his underwear aboard a U.S. flight. But an agent of the state should probably only touch a citizen's genitals seven or eight times if the agent has reasonable suspicion, and not because a machine is malfunctioning or calibrated, intentionally or unintentionally, to detect explosives on everyone who is tested.

(Why we fail, right there. Because nobody can understand: once you grant the premise, once you say you "have no problem with" such and such and so and so, then what $#@!ing difference does it make if government fondles your balls once, twice or a hundred times? None. It makes no difference. - AF)
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Resistance should have started from the get go. "You touch my junk and I break your jaw," instead, it'll eventually end with voluntarily spreading your butt cheeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I'm not a crazy ACLU-type.

The fact that anyone who does not absolutely have to still flies is the most depressing thought for those who want to restore liberty in this nation, we need protests and riots over the TSA and we can't even get a boycott.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

(Why we fail, right there. Because nobody can understand: once you grant the premise, once you say you "have no problem with" such and such and so and so, then what $#@!ing difference does it make if government fondles your balls once, twice or a hundred times? None. It makes no difference. - AF)
    Well, a hundred vigorous fondles might make a difference over two. Then angle of dangle math applies.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Resistance should have started from the get go. "You touch my junk and I break your jaw," instead, it'll eventually end with voluntarily spreading your butt cheeks.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The fact that anyone who does not absolutely have to still flies is the most depressing thought for those who want to restore liberty in this nation, we need protests and riots over the TSA and we can't even get a boycott.
    Everybody has such a busy "lifestyle" they have no time for protests. The protests would also hold the line and nobody got no time for that.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Well, a hundred vigorous fondles might make a difference over two. Then angle of dangle math applies.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Perfect safety record since 9/11.

Terrorists don't even try to get past security anymore, because they know nothing gets past the TS m'fin A
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Perfect safety record since 9/11.

Terrorists don't even try to get past security anymore, because they know nothing gets past the TS m'fin A
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ed-items-minn/

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ts-95-percent/

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

If there isn't a happy ending I'd demand my money back.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Leaked video of TSA designing new procedure:

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The end result of immigration restrictions with the people currently in Congress will be mass implementation of TSA screenings on highways, among other atrocities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism