Thread: Is this a false flag waiting to happen?

Is this a false flag waiting to happen?

In less than six months, the XXIII Olympic Winter Games will begin in Pyeongchang, South Korea. But with an increasingly militant North Korea located less than 161 kilometers (100 miles) away, legitimate concerns have arisen over the event's potential disruption. Thomas Bach, the president of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), recently said he was closely monitoring the situation, adding that it would be a topic of discussion at the committee's upcoming meeting in Peru. Even so, it's hard not to wonder who will bear the responsibility of ensuring the safety of athletes and spectators in Pyeongchang. The answer has been constantly evolving for over four decades.

At this late stage in the event's planning process, it would be impossible to move the 2018 Olympics to another location.

More at: https://worldview.stratfor.com/artic...cs-north-korea
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I trust anything that comes from stratfor about as far as I can throw an elephant. Same old speculative, question beggging, propaganda as usual. I cancelled my subscription to them years ago.

Probably the only good reason to read the fodder is to see what kind of bull pucky the media is gonna throw at you down the road.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 09-11-2017 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    I trust anything that comes from stratfor about as far as I can throw an elephant. Same old speculative, question beggging, propaganda as usual. I cancelled my subscription to them years ago.
    I don't trust Stratfor but I use them for an information source with a grain of salt. (I don't subscribe, somehow my browser evades their paywall)

In this case I don't care so much what they have to say, I am taking note of the upcoming Olympics and speculating on my own that they may be used as an excuse for war.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't trust Stratfor but I use them for an information source with a grain of salt. (I don't subscribe, somehow my browser evades their paywall)

In this case I don't care so much what they have to say, I am taking note of the upcoming Olympics and speculating on my own that they may be used as an excuse for war.
    Yeah. I had edited my previous posting to reflect that notion. Agreed.

French Sports Minister Laura Flessel has said that France will not attend the 2018 Winter Olympics in South Korea if its security cannot be guaranteed, KBS World Radio reported Sept. 22.

https://worldview.stratfor.com/situa...urity-concerns

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Reuters reports that the South Korean government is taking precautions to assuage the international community’s fears. Police conducted a series of security drills on Tuesday to prepare against terror attacks ranging from a hostage situation, a vehicle ramming a stadium and a bomb-attached to a drone. South Korea Police and firemen were among around 420 personnel participating in the exercise, held in front of the Olympic Stadium at Pyeongchang, just 80 km (50 miles) from the heavily fortified border with North Korea as SWAT team members rehearsed a scenario where they shot down a drone with a bomb attached that was flying toward a bus carrying athletes.
    In another situation, a terrorist takes a bus full of tourists hostage and tries to ram the vehicle into the stadium before being gunned down by police. Officers in gas masks also practiced removing a chemical bomb.

More at: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...8-winter-games

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.