Thread: Bannon and allies preparing primary challenges against GOP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bannon and allies preparing primary challenges against GOP

Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon and his allies are preparing primary challenges against Republican senators, a source close to Bannon confirmed to CNN.The target list includes Tennessee Sen. Bob Corker, Mississippi Sen. Roger Wicker, Alabama Sen. Luther Strange, Nevada Sen. Dean Heller and Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake, the source said.
    Flake, a strong critic of Trump, has not backed down from the President in the wake of Trump's public attacks against him.
    Politico first reported the developments.
    The news comes as Bannon claimed "the Republican establishment is trying to nullify the 2016 election" in an interview that aired on "60 Minutes" Sunday night.
    When asked by CBS' Charlie Rose who in the GOP establishment opposed Trump's agenda, Bannon named Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and House Speaker Paul Ryan specifically.
    "They do not want Donald Trump's populist, economic nationalist agenda to be implemented," Bannon said. "It's very obvious."
    Asked about attacking the very people Trump needs to enact his policy proposals, Bannon said GOP leaders won't provide such help "unless they're put on notice."
    "They're going to be held accountable if they do not support the President of the United States," he said. "Right now there's no accountability. ... They do not support the President's program. It's an open secret on Capitol Hill. Everybody in this city knows it."
    Bannon has held private meetings with possible challengers whom he plans to support in the primaries, Politico reported. He has begun working with conservative mega-donor Robert Mercer and has installed an ally in an outside group that is expected to target GOP lawmakers and push Trump's agenda, the article said.

More at: http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/10/politi...-+Top+Stories)
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Interesting move.
    The swamp will not drain itself.

The dirty tricks of the establishment.

WATCH: Photographer Explains How CBS Uses Color Adjustments To Make Steve Bannon ‘Look Bad’ On 60 Minutes

by Joshua Caplan

Following Steve Bannon’s highly anticipated interview with Charlie Rose on 60 Minutes Sunday night, professional photographer Peter Duke published a video explainer on how CBS may have used color adjustments to make the Breitbart News boss “look bad” on television.

“It seems like 60 minutes would like you to listen less and look more at Steve Bannon. By subtly tweaking the color of the video, they make him look like a bleary-eyed drunk. I show you how they did it,” writes Duke on the video’s YouTube page.

Peter Duke has photographed Milo Yiannopoulos, Scott Adams and James O’Keefe.

In the video, Duke explains how CBS color adjusted Bannon’s shots to make his eyes and lips red by increasing the level of saturation. This results in curtains that are a brighter orange behind Bannon than they are in Charlie Rose’s shot. Rose’s shot was made “cooler,” to make the host’s make-up more subtle.

Duke then adjusted the interview’s lighting, removing Bannon’s redness and Rose’s “coolness.”

The result is a natural looking Bannon.

As author Ann Coulter pointed out, these types of mainstream media tricks aren’t done on Fox News — hence why conservatives look better on the channel.

Read more: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...zen.yandex.com
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Is this old or something?

Roy Moore is already in a runoff with Strange, and is far ahead.

Kelli Ward is already running against Flake.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It says: Updated 11:32 PM ET, Sun September 10, 2017

I noticed that myself but I wanted to post the list.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I thought I must have missed the election. Moore isn't one of us though. I like his spirit more than his politics. He's a theocrat though - they're not known to be any more compatible with liberty than liberals or neocons.

I thought I must have missed the election. Moore isn't one of us though. I like his spirit more than his politics. He's a theocrat though - they're not known to be any more compatible with liberty than liberals or neocons.
    Yeah, he's not libertarian. But that Primary is a done deal between those final two.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sen. Bob Corker unsure he’ll run again

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2017/09/11/senate-tennessee/105497584/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Sen. Bob Corker unsure he’ll run again

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2017/09/11/senate-tennessee/105497584/
    Yeah, they're always "unsure" until their controllers tells them they are running again.

They're going to be held accountable if they do not support the President of the United States
    Support him in maintaining all existing welfare programs, increasing spending, adding to the debt...

Mr. Bannon may be interested to know that people are currently working to primary Trump.

...it won't have a second term.

You lose.

So what about the theory that Trump has been poisoned by the Deep state? how are they going to clean him out? and how do they ensure that the new candidates don't sellout/get drugged like was done with Trump?

So many questions and so little time for answers.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    So what about the theory that Trump has been poisoned by the Deep state? how are they going to clean him out? and how do they ensure that the new candidates don't sellout/get drugged like was done with Trump?

So many questions and so little time for answers.
    So much FUD* to spread around.

* Fear, uncertainty, and doubt.

GOP senators call on Bannon, Trump to lay off incumbents

Top Senate Republicans are firing back at Stephen Bannon amid reports that he is eyeing primary challenges to GOP incumbents who he believes haven't been supportive of President Trump, calling on both the president and his ousted chief strategist to leave elected Republicans alone.
    "I wish they would focus on Democrats instead of Republicans," Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn (R-Texas) told reporters when asked about Bannon.
    Sen. John Thune (S.D.), the No. 3 Senate Republican, added that the potential primary threats could make it harder for Republicans to hold onto their thin 52-seat majority despite a favorable map in the 2018 midterm elections.
    "It does [make it harder]. And it's not particularly productive. ... We ought to stay focused on the task at hand," he told reporters.
    Sources told CNN and Politico that Bannon and his allies are actively preparing for Republican primary challenges to several sitting senators, including Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.).

Bannon, who returned to leading Breitbart News after exiting the White House last month, has signaled for months that he is willing to challenge GOP incumbents and punish congressional leadership for not being supportive of Trump’s agenda.
    And the president, who recently cut a budget deal with Democratic leadership, has frequently lashed out publicly at GOP senators, including Flake, Sen. Bob Corker (Tenn.) and Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.).
    Cornyn added that Trump and his allies would be "well-advised to focus on growing our number of Republicans in the Senate rather than diminishing it."
    "The president's going to need as many friendly faces around here as he can get in order to get things done," he said. "I realize that bipartisanship is important, but he shouldn't mistake a smile for support when it really counts."

More at: http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...off-incumbents

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    GOP senators call on Bannon, Trump to lay off incumbents

[/url]
    I don't have many dogs in this hunt but these asshats took out as many RP and Tea Party incumbents as they could. No mercy.

I don't have many dogs in this hunt but these asshats took out as many RP and Tea Party incumbents as they could. No mercy.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.