Thread: Trump sides with 3 Texas churches against FEMA

Trump sides with 3 Texas churches against FEMA

President Donald Trump is taking the side of three Texas churches that are suing the Federal Emergency Management Agency over disaster relief funds.
    The president writes on Twitter, "Churches in Texas should be entitled to reimbursement from FEMA Relief Funds for helping victims of Hurricane Harvey (just like others)."
    The Houston Chronicle reports that the three churches — Rockport First Assembly of God, Harvest Family Church and Hi-Way Tabernacle — sued FEMA on Tuesday for access to relief funding. The lawsuit claims FEMA violates the Constitution by denying disaster funding to faith-based groups.
    A Justice Department spokeswoman has told the Chronicle it is "aware of the complaint and will examine the claims."

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-mn...-politics.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hillary would have done that too.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Kinda defeats the purpose of charitable giving and opens ones church to government scrutiny doesn't it? So, they win. Great? They still get 501c status and taxpayers get to pay more so that churches are compensated by FEMA.

Nothing says charity like redistributing tax-payer money on your own terms. Spend as much as you want, on whatever you want, take an overhead cut for yourself, and send the bill to Uncle Sam.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

How much will Joel get reimbursed at his mega church?
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Nothing says charity like redistributing tax-payer money on your own terms. Spend as much as you want, on whatever you want, take an overhead cut for yourself, and send the bill to Uncle Sam.
    This is my fear also.

I am also trying to get my mind around this statement:
    The lawsuit claims FEMA violates the Constitution by denying disaster funding to faith-based groups.
    I missed the part of the constitution that says churches get disaster funding.

"Churches in Texas should be entitled to reimbursement from FEMA Relief Funds for helping victims of Hurricane Harvey (just like others)."
    Nice god ya'll have. Helping is not it's own reward apparently, so fire up the dishonest scales, print some moar $, and lets MAGA.

Just wait until the masses really embrace a Google/Microsoft/*Catholic Church/government approved algorithm as religion to do the "helping".
    501c has always been a Trojan Horse/wedge/toy that no one should have.

*It could be any denomination, synod, church, etc. -not just R C.C.
    Last edited by bunklocoempire; 09-11-2017 at 02:27 PM.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE