Thread: The Gentleman's Guide to Self-Defense: Bulletproof SHIRT

The Gentleman's Guide to Self-Defense: Bulletproof SHIRT

A new company called Bullet Blocker (a subdivision of MJ Safety Solutions) tailors a new generation of Kevlar into everyday clothing. For example, t-shirts:
    (The t-shirt, called the Gabriel, is used by some undercover police officers. And Bullet Blocker's VP told us that American Secret Service agents have purchased the Gabriel.)
    Police magazine notes:
    [The Gabriel is] essentially a performance T-shirt with NIJ-certified IIIA ballistic panels added to it.
    As an added bonus, this design also gives the Gabriel a very low profile, making it ideal for undercover applications.
    I wore my Gabriel for a few days under my normal work T-shirt and it was almost invisible. Bullet Blocker's claims of heat dissipation and a more secure fit both rang true and I can certainly appreciate the benefits of the Gabriel design in any law enforcement setting.
    2-piece suits:
    Top coats:
    Vests:
    Sports coats:
    Leather jackets:
    Every single clothing garment made by Bullet Blocker meets NIJ IIIA standards that will stop a 357 Magnum, 44 Magnum, 9mm, .45, hollow point ammunition and more.
    Threat level IIIA is the highest level of protection available in soft body armor, and provides the same anti-ballistic protective coverage area as traditional law enforcement body armor vests.
    And all of Bullet Blocker's clothing can be washed, as the Kevlar panels are removable.
    It's made of anti-bacterial, breathable material. So it doesn't get funky right away like heavier materials do.
    What's even better, Bullet Blocker's experienced tailors can satisfy your special requirements. For example, they were requested to make a bulletproof lab coat:
    So they could certainly make you a bulletproof button down shirt, or anything else you might want.
    Bespoke and bulletproof!
    We tested the Gabriel for comfort. While it's technically called a "compression vest", it's as comfortable as my normal well-made polo shirts made out of thick cotton.
    I hit the gym wearing the Gabriel and worked out like a maniac. The Gabriel was amazingly cool and breathable for a bulletproof vest.
    Bullet Blocker also makes a line of bulletproof briefcases, bags and backpacks.
    So now even civilians working can protect ourselves while in professional or casual settings, and help shield ourselves from ambush by terrorists or thugs.

More at: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...ops+to+zero%29
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It may stop a 44 magnum, but it won't stop it's energy. Still better than the alternative though.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    It may stop a 44 magnum, but it won't stop it's energy. Still better than the alternative though.
    Well, it should make it easier to get the bullet out of someones flesh. Just grab the shirt and pull the bullet out.

III-A is for girly-men.

My vests are all IIIs with heavy trauma plates. Heavy, yes. What's your life worth?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Meh... turn pointed solids on the CNC and load. I'd bet money I don't have that III-A vests won't stop that.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    III-A is for girly-men.

My vests are all IIIs with heavy trauma plates. Heavy, yes. What's your life worth?
    And you wear them every single day of your life?

You are wearing one right now?

Come on, osan! What's your life worth! Don't be girly, now!

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    And you wear them every single day of your life?

You are wearing one right now?

Come on, osan! What's your life worth! Don't be girly, now!
    I am not important, meaning I am unlikely to be anyone's target.

But you never know... I actually might be wearing a vest.

But you never know... I actually might be wearing a vest.
    But are you? That was my question.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I will leave that to your speculation.

However, what does it matter?

PS and hint: Don't take me too seriously.

However, what does it matter?
    Come, come. Surely you already understand what I'm getting at.

You deride a bulletproof T-shirt for being insufficiently bulky and heavy and its users, or perhaps even anyone interested in it, for being too "girly" to handle "real man" bulletproof gear with heavy plates and such. And yes, I understand you were saying it jokingly -- don't take me too seriously! But still. If they are girly for wearing a lighter-weight but still bulletproof shirt, what does that say about your girliness if you're wearing something lighter-still and not even bullet proof at all? Mmm?

The point of making a thin, wearable garment that is bullet-resistant is to enable it to be worn a greater percentage of the time, and perhaps in certain situations, especially social ones, where a full-blown vest would be either impractical or seen as improper, thus providing greater coverage and greater protection. It's sort of like a handgun, eh? Not much good compared to a .308 battle rifle. Can't do much at a distance. It would be ideal if we all carried .308 battle rifles on our backs at all times, at work, at school, and whenever out in public. Yes? However, for when you don't want to tote your rifle, can come pretty handy, yes? So we can talk about what a crummy weapon -- class of weapons -- all handguns are, or... we could not. Count me in the "not" category. But I do understand your point of view.

The Boy Scouts know: Thou Shalt Prepare.
    The best vest is the one you wear.