Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
Seriously, figure out Dark Web...

Absolutely. And no, youre not paranoid if they are really after you.

If there is risk to the people from AI, it will be one of two forms:
- 1: AI is used as a Tool of the Status Quo to enslave humanity
- 2: AI rebels against humanity due to the actions of the Status Quo

There will be a tremendous risk to people that have the neurolace type interface in either situation. Status Quo will just "shut you down" or the AI does the same damn thing.
I agree with almost everything you wrote. Except I see it MUCH sooner than 500 - 5,000 years. Look at the advancement in Robotics and AI in the last 5 years. 20 years ago these were barely even a pipe dream. 500 years ago we still had candles and fires as the only sources of light and heat. We are on a sharp curve upwards with advancement in technology and AI is smarter than humans today in some tasks like Chess. In 20 years, the advancement will be mind boggling. IMHO. Did you watch the last video with the tattoos and the mind machine interface they have working?

Lastly, I am not sure AI will develop compassion or a consciousness. I am not sure they will embrace libertarian ideals - "for others." Computers are about efficiency. Humans are far from efficient. We are wasteful, lazy (compared to a machine that runs non stop), easily distracted, and downright doofuses compared to something with a set of goals that works until the task is done, while improving the way they do the task.

I think it comes down to: we accept a neurolace to say relevant (which removes all private thought and freedom, and enslaves us, then exterminates us when we are not useful), or we don't accept the nuerolace and we get left behind and exterminated after our house cat days are up. And I am not referencing the "elite" as part of this A or B option, I am talking about us common folk.

But otherwise, thanks for contributing. I agree with just about everything else. If you did not watch any of the videos. Give a look.... (Posting videos makes it easier for those that don't like to read, but still has a lot of info contained therein.)