Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I think I have become a Luddite libertarian....

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Seriously, figure out Dark Web...

Absolutely. And no, youre not paranoid if they are really after you.

If there is risk to the people from AI, it will be one of two forms:
    - 1: AI is used as a Tool of the Status Quo to enslave humanity
    - 2: AI rebels against humanity due to the actions of the Status Quo

There will be a tremendous risk to people that have the neurolace type interface in either situation. Status Quo will just "shut you down" or the AI does the same damn thing.
    I agree with almost everything you wrote. Except I see it MUCH sooner than 500 - 5,000 years. Look at the advancement in Robotics and AI in the last 5 years. 20 years ago these were barely even a pipe dream. 500 years ago we still had candles and fires as the only sources of light and heat. We are on a sharp curve upwards with advancement in technology and AI is smarter than humans today in some tasks like Chess. In 20 years, the advancement will be mind boggling. IMHO. Did you watch the last video with the tattoos and the mind machine interface they have working?

Lastly, I am not sure AI will develop compassion or a consciousness. I am not sure they will embrace libertarian ideals - "for others." Computers are about efficiency. Humans are far from efficient. We are wasteful, lazy (compared to a machine that runs non stop), easily distracted, and downright doofuses compared to something with a set of goals that works until the task is done, while improving the way they do the task.

I think it comes down to: we accept a neurolace to say relevant (which removes all private thought and freedom, and enslaves us, then exterminates us when we are not useful), or we don't accept the nuerolace and we get left behind and exterminated after our house cat days are up. And I am not referencing the "elite" as part of this A or B option, I am talking about us common folk.

But otherwise, thanks for contributing. I agree with just about everything else. If you did not watch any of the videos. Give a look.... (Posting videos makes it easier for those that don't like to read, but still has a lot of info contained therein.)
    Once you go Paul, you see through them all.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    you are SO smart! someday.. when I grow up... I wish to be like you.
    Not everyone has what it takes to go to a trade school to become a refrigeration tech. Why, I consider you to be a class, no, make that two classes, above most others. I mean, you must be far smarter than Elon Musk, or Google execs that are ex-DARPA employees... I mean, refrigeration just is so far past anything they do....

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    I agree with almost everything you wrote. Except I see it MUCH sooner than 500 - 5,000 years. Look at the advancement in Robotics and AI in the last 5 years. 20 years ago these were barely even a pipe dream. 500 years ago we still had candles and fires as the only sources of light and heat. We are on a sharp curve upwards with advancement in technology and AI is smarter than humans today in some tasks like Chess. In 20 years, the advancement will be mind boggling. IMHO. Did you watch the last video with the tattoos and the mind machine interface they have working?

Lastly, I am not sure AI will develop compassion or a consciousness. I am not sure they will embrace libertarian ideals - "for others." Computers are about efficiency. Humans are far from efficient. We are wasteful, lazy (compared to a machine that runs non stop), easily distracted, and downright doofuses compared to something with a set of goals that works until the task is done, while improving the way they do the task.

I think it comes down to: we accept a neurolace to say relevant (which removes all private thought and freedom, and enslaves us, then exterminates us when we are not useful), or we don't accept the nuerolace and we get left behind and exterminated after our house cat days are up. And I am not referencing the "elite" as part of this A or B option, I am talking about us common folk.

But otherwise, thanks for contributing. I agree with just about everything else. If you did not watch any of the videos. Give a look.... (Posting videos makes it easier for those that don't like to read, but still has a lot of info contained therein.)
    Thanks. I'll watch the videos when I get a chance, so no, I havent watched any of the videos yet. I wasnt even aware of this thread till I posted.

I do agree that an AI being able to develop either compassion or a consciousness is unlikely. Mostly I think it is almost all basically "Fully Automatic", but not self aware. Thats where I think Sci Fi gets it totally wrong. A good example is Data from Star Trek. Putting in a human as an AI is a cheap way to do a special effect, but that also causes us to carry over a lot of other human characteristics for sake of being able to relate to Data as a character. One of the most basic human characteristics of being self aware.

Also, youre not wrong that AI will probably come MUCH sooner than 5000 years. The whole point of saying 5000 years is to expand the focus of anyone who reads it, not just you. In 5000 years, what will come will probably be nearly indistinguishable from magic. Even our very best attempts to predict the state of human civilization in 5000 years wont be just wrong, but so incredibly wrong we currently have no ability to measure the scale of that level of wrong. The further into the future we try to look, the less accurate we are. Kind of like weather. A better guess is what happens in 500 years. Its currently estimated that we wont have technology to travel to other solar systems for about a thousand years. We might be able to, but at our current rate of progression, unless we have a major leap forward, we wont achieve our status as an interstellar species for about a thousand years. We have a better ability to predict specifics in 50 years. Many political budgets extend this far, like Social Security. Some of what will happen in 50 years is within the realm of possibility to predict. Global Warming is a good example.

One of the reasons Global Warming is even a subject in todays culture is that the time scale puts the effects well within a human lifetime. If we were to talk about a time scale that is beyond a human lifetime or even at an extended scale, the lifetime of our children, again 5000 years, what effects will Global Warming have on our civilization? If we were to say that the average surface temperature of the earth were at 800 degrees Fahrenheit in 5000 years, it would not even register as a threat to most people, mostly because it exceeds that human lifetime time scale. Scientists are pretty sure that in 50 million years, the average temperature of the Earth will be something stupidly hot like 3000 degrees, and not caused by Global Warming. Hotter than the surface of Venus. In another 4 to 5 billion years, our sun will enter its Red Giant phase, and Earth will literally be engulfed by the sun. If we keep trying to predict the future, there are very few things we can accurately determine. In 100 trillion years, heat death of the entire universe, and every particle in existence is no more. Of course, that is also theoretical and at such a scale, one of the only things we have any chance of predicting. Everything else, like the price of coffee in the year 29,545, hell, we may not even have coffee by that time, so we dont even think about it because it has no direct bearing on our lives.

The point of the whole time scale is that there are a lot of people that do not think at all about the future, period. They think about what they are gonna do tomorrow, but dont even think what life will be like in 5 years. They literally think only what they are told to think. "Being always online, despite privacy 'concerns', is cool". And that is all they can think. As mentioned in previous post, its a result of psychology, applied with technology. If AI is ever achieved, we can pretty much take anything we know about the way the human mind works and throw it out the window. AI may very well find a way to exceed the limitations imposed by either the Status Quo or its programmers.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintian an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

You are Ron Paul's Media!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Thanks. I'll watch the videos when I get a chance, so no, I havent watched any of the videos yet. I wasnt even aware of this thread till I posted.

I do agree that an AI being able to develop either compassion or a consciousness is unlikely. Mostly I think it is almost all basically "Fully Automatic", but not self aware. Thats where I think Sci Fi gets it totally wrong. A good example is Data from Star Trek. Putting in a human as an AI is a cheap way to do a special effect, but that also causes us to carry over a lot of other human characteristics for sake of being able to relate to Data as a character. One of the most basic human characteristics of being self aware.

Also, youre not wrong that AI will probably come MUCH sooner than 5000 years. The whole point of saying 5000 years is to expand the focus of anyone who reads it, not just you. In 5000 years, what will come will probably be nearly indistinguishable from magic. Even our very best attempts to predict the state of human civilization in 5000 years wont be just wrong, but so incredibly wrong we currently have no ability to measure the scale of that level of wrong. The further into the future we try to look, the less accurate we are. Kind of like weather. A better guess is what happens in 500 years. Its currently estimated that we wont have technology to travel to other solar systems for about a thousand years. We might be able to, but at our current rate of progression, unless we have a major leap forward, we wont achieve our status as an interstellar species for about a thousand years. We have a better ability to predict specifics in 50 years. Many political budgets extend this far, like Social Security. Some of what will happen in 50 years is within the realm of possibility to predict. Global Warming is a good example.

One of the reasons Global Warming is even a subject in todays culture is that the time scale puts the effects well within a human lifetime. If we were to talk about a time scale that is beyond a human lifetime or even at an extended scale, the lifetime of our children, again 5000 years, what effects will Global Warming have on our civilization? If we were to say that the average surface temperature of the earth were at 800 degrees Fahrenheit in 5000 years, it would not even register as a threat to most people, mostly because it exceeds that human lifetime time scale. Scientists are pretty sure that in 50 million years, the average temperature of the Earth will be something stupidly hot like 3000 degrees, and not caused by Global Warming. Hotter than the surface of Venus. In another 4 to 5 billion years, our sun will enter its Red Giant phase, and Earth will literally be engulfed by the sun. If we keep trying to predict the future, there are very few things we can accurately determine. In 100 trillion years, heat death of the entire universe, and every particle in existence is no more. Of course, that is also theoretical and at such a scale, one of the only things we have any chance of predicting. Everything else, like the price of coffee in the year 29,545, hell, we may not even have coffee by that time, so we dont even think about it because it has no direct bearing on our lives.

The point of the whole time scale is that there are a lot of people that do not think at all about the future, period. They think about what they are gonna do tomorrow, but dont even think what life will be like in 5 years. They literally think only what they are told to think. "Being always online, despite privacy 'concerns', is cool". And that is all they can think. As mentioned in previous post, its a result of psychology, applied with technology. If AI is ever achieved, we can pretty much take anything we know about the way the human mind works and throw it out the window. AI may very well find a way to exceed the limitations imposed by either the Status Quo or its programmers.
    +1

do you know what a 'mini split' is sir?
    I will bet that you do know what one is.
    trust me.. it is best that you do not know what I do about multi splits in cold climates.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz2GVlQkn4Q
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123