Thread: Sessions Gives Disgraced Obama-Era IRS Official Lois Lerner Get-Out-Of-Jail Free Card

Sessions Gives Disgraced Obama-Era IRS Official Lois Lerner Get-Out-Of-Jail Free Card

Sessions Gives Disgraced Obama-Era IRS Official Lois Lerner Get-Out-Of-Jail Free Card
    http://truepundit.com/jeff-sessions-...ail-free-card/

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

Somebody wake up Jeff Sessions and inform him he is supposed to be the Attorney General of the United States.

The Sessions-led Justice Department, which has acted much like its Democratic predecessors,
    has denied a Congressional request to prosecute Obama-era IRS official Lois Lerner
    for any of her alleged illegal transgressions committed while targeting conservatives while at Treasury.

Lerner is now officially the newest member of The Swamp with a get-out-of-jail free card.

More proof that the Justice Department is really best fit
    for picking on bit players and mom-and-pop level criminals while the big fish swim away.

Here is the letter from the Justice Department sacking the request.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fuking USELESS!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

An investigation occurred, a review of the investigation occurred with new people under Sessions. If anyone here has the smoking gun evidence to lead to conviction, please forward to the DOJ.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    An investigation occurred, a review of the investigation occurred with new people under Sessions. If anyone here has the smoking gun evidence to lead to conviction, please forward to the DOJ.
    I don't think that the DOJ is on our side, but you go ahead and forward a bunch of political bombshells and smoking guns to the "justice" department. Seth Rich will be waiting for you.

I didn't see Sessions name on that letter. I'd wager that Sessions is not getting involved in every case being processed at the DOJ.

Who is Stephen Boyd?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I didn't see Sessions name on that letter. I'd wager that Sessions is not getting involved in every case being processed at the DOJ.
    Of course not, he is WAY to busy with legal weed and asset forfeiture.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    There is no political solution.

Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

You do not believe the public record evidence of Lerner targeting Tea Party orgs based on political belief?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's that ducking word again "intent."

They have all the other necessary components to prosecute for clear discrimination against certain groups, and they fall back to the

"We couldn't prove intent."

Examine the millions of speeding tickets that are issued every day. It should be no harder to prove intent than it is to prove (or assume?) intent in a simple moving violation.

In my opinion, the fact it happened to more than one group of similar political stances proves all the intent necessary.

Yeah but I'm sure that the Awan investigation will go somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    There's that ducking word again "intent."

They have all the other necessary components to prosecute for clear discrimination against certain groups, and they fall back to the

"We couldn't prove intent."

Examine the millions of speeding tickets that are issued every day. It should be no harder to prove intent than it is to prove (or assume?) intent in a simple moving violation.

In my opinion, the fact it happened to more than one group of similar political stances proves all the intent necessary.
    Intent is irrelevant, at least that is what they tell us peasants when we make a mistake, especially if we make that mistake with the IRS.
    Ignorance of the law won't help you or I either.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

In the following statement, Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton asked that Trump intervene and order a complete review of the scandal:
    “I have zero confidence that the Justice Department did an adequate review of the IRS scandal. In fact, we’re still fighting the Justice Department and the IRS for records about this very scandal. Today’s decision comes as no surprise considering that the FBI collaborated with the IRS and is unlikely to investigate or prosecute itself.

President Trump should order a complete review of the whole issue. Meanwhile, we await accountability for IRS Commissioner Koskinen, who still serves and should be drummed out of office.”
    In a news release about the decision, Judicial Watch recounted how litigation forced the IRS first to say that emails belonging to Lerner were supposedly missing and later declare to the court that the emails were on IRS back-up systems, exposing a proliferation of “record-keeping problems” at the agency.

More at: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...ge-lois-lerner

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Good lord, ROFLMAO...

...you'll just swallow anything won't you?

If all it takes is a pardon, what are waiting for?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Good lord, ROFLMAO...

...you'll just swallow anything won't you?
    not everything is a conspiracy.

Last edited by spudea; 09-09-2017 at 06:19 PM.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

April 22, 2017... "before I go..."
    Chaffetz Testifies to Congress About Obama and IRS Crimes

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lerner, Paz say they fear physical harm from enraged public, want IRS testimony sealed permanently

Former IRS executive Lois G. Lerner told a federal court last week that members of her family, including “young children,” face death threats and a real risk of physical harm if her explanation of the tea party targeting scandal becomes public.
    Ms. Lerner and Holly Paz, her deputy at the IRS, filed documents in court Thursday saying tapes and transcripts of depositions they gave in a court case this year must remain sealed in perpetuity, or else they could spur an enraged public to retaliate.

More at: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...sealed-perman/

If it is that bad why is there not a prosecution?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Lerner "death threats" are from more than 3 years ago

No threats since early 2014.

Lois Lerner cites years-old threats to keep her IRS activities secret
    By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Friday, December 1, 2017

The threats that former IRS senior executive Lois G. Lerner says are serious enough to keep her court depositions forever secret date back to 2014, and she hasn’t shown any new threats, according to new court documents filed late Thursday.
    Ms. Lerner and her key deputy, Holly Paz, have demanded a judge forever seal their depositions and parts of any documents that mention those depositions, saying they fear for their safety.

But the harassment they point to as evidence is more than three years old and dates back to the most heated days of the debate over the IRS’s illegal targeting of tea party groups for intrusive scrutiny, according to new documents opposing the secrecy request.

Tea party groups say that three years, reams of legal arguments and plenty of attention to the case have occurred since 2014, yet the two women haven’t cited any new threats, undercutting their claims of fear.

“The instances of harassment they allege last occurred in early 2014, despite more than three years of litigation since then,” Edward D. Greim, a lawyer for the tea party groups, said in the latest filings. “The court should deny the request by Lerner and Paz to seal court records and open the docket for public inspection.”

more: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...eep-her-irs-a/

Former IRS senior executive Lois G. Lerner told a federal court last week that there’s “no legitimate” reason why the public should see her testimony about her role in tea party targeting, pleading with a judge to keep her deposition permanently sealed.
    Ms. Lerner and her former chief lieutenant, Holly Paz, have said they faced death threats in the past, and say they fear any more attention to their behavior would spur a new round of harassment.
    They said there’s “exceedingly low” public interest in having their depositions released, and they said tea party groups are pushing for disclosure out of “spite.”

More at: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...terest-in-her/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment