Thread: NJ-Mandatory blood tests for alcohol after a can of beer found at football game

Exclamation NJ-Mandatory blood tests for alcohol after a can of beer found at football game

Dozens of NJ High School Students Ordered to Get Blood, Urine Tests After Beer Can Flies From Bleachers at Football Game

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...442932733.html

By Pat Battle

Parents of students at a New Jersey high school were ordered to get their children’s blood and urine tested after a can of beer was discovered at a football game.

The can of beer reportedly landed on the ground and was spotted by a school official during a game at Randolph High School on Friday night.

It’s unclear if the can was thrown or fell, but it came from bleachers filled with students, according to a letter from Randolph Superintendent Jennifer Fano, who said some of the students appeared drunk and that several additional opened containers of alcohol were later discovered.

After the can of beer was found, about 75 students who were in the bleachers were taken to classrooms as school officials contacted parents so they could pick them up. Each student was given a form — a rule-out test — requiring blood and urine samples.

Parents were given two hours to get to health facilities in Morristown, Dover and Denville so their children could be screened. The students faced suspension from school if they didn’t complete the screening.

"District policy and regulation states that failure to comply with a screening is deemed a positive test result and will result in a suspension from school," the letter from Fano read.

Some parents were outraged by the incident. In the end, fewer than five students tested positive for alcohol, according to DailyRecord.com.

"Everybody was just so confused, miscommunication," said parent Stephanie Pangaro. "As a parent, you're going to defend your child to the fullest when you know they're innocent."

If a student tested positive for alcohol, his or her parents had to pay for the test, while negative tests were covered by the board of education, according to district policy, NJ.com reported.

Pangaro said she was on the defensive when she was first told to get her son tested for alcohol, but that she now has more sympathy for school officials.

"A few days have passed, and you sit back and you look at the whole picture," she said. "It wasn't handled correctly, but I think the intentions were good at the time, and it was really to protect everybody."

Superintendent Fano released a follow-up letter Wednesday, in which she apologized to the parents and kids who were inconvenienced by going to the emergency rooms for screenings. But she said she stands by the decision of staff to carry out the procedure at the game.

Fano also said social media video later surfaced showing kids drinking at pregame parties, a video that has since been turned over to police.

"Teenage drug and alcohol abuse is a national epidemic and Randolph is certainly not exempt from the problem. I am hopeful that Friday’s events will serve as an important learning experience for all of us," she said in the letter.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Parents of students at a New Jersey high school were ordered
    $#@! you.

failure to comply with a screening is deemed a positive test result and will result in a suspension from school,"
    Fine. We'll be finding an alternative. $#@! you.

"Teenage drug and alcohol abuse is a national epidemic
    No. It absolutely is NOT. $#@! you.

I ride my bike near, in and through there. Can't tell you how many times I've tossed an empty around there and in the park across the street from the school.

Good Lord .

It takes a village to toss cells.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

loveshiscountry

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I ride my bike near, in and through there. Can't tell you how many times I've tossed an empty around there and in the park across the street from the school.
    Reported

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    No. It absolutely is NOT. $#@! you.
    Correct, and $#@! him.

Despite Legalization, Adolescent Marijuana Use Hits 15-Year Low

Past-month cannabis consumption by 12-to-17-year-olds is down by more than 20 percent since 2002.

http://reason.com/blog/2017/09/07/de...scent-marijuan

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //
    Last edited by TheTexan; 09-08-2017 at 03:22 AM. Reason: loveshiscountry is a great american
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

loveshiscountry

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    //
    Last edited by TheTexan; 09-08-2017 at 04:22 AM. Reason: loveshiscountry is a great american
    The only thing greater than my disdain for littering is my love for recycling aluminum.