Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump, Dems reach funding deal, disappointing Republicans

Trump, Dems reach funding deal, disappointing Republicans

I'm confused. What does this mean? Did they already raise the debt ceiling or does it still need to be signed?

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...g-debt-package

Also does this mean Trump is going to work with democrats so they can both get spending they want? Is that what is happening?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I'm confused. What does this mean? Did they already raise the debt ceiling or does it still need to be signed?

Also does this mean Trump is going to work with democrats so they can both get spending they want? Is that what is happening?
    The details aren't being released yet AFAIK, but it looks like the deal is for Dems to vote (in near future, hasn't yet happened) with leftist GOPers, over the objection of conservatives, to pass a "clean" debt ceiling increase: i.e. no spending cuts. Presumably the Harvey funding is also going to be in the bill, and without any offsetting spending cuts.

MAGA!

Did you read the article you linked to?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Did you read the article you linked to?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    The details aren't being released yet AFAIK, but it looks like the deal is for Dems to vote (in near future, hasn't yet happened) with leftist GOPers, over the objection of conservatives, to pass a "clean" debt ceiling increase: i.e. no spending cuts. Presumably the Harvey funding is also going to be in the bill, and without any offsetting spending cuts.

MAGA!

I wonder if the wall is going to be included. Maybe for the next debt ceiling crisis? An article on zerohedge makes it sound like everything will come to a head in December, but if they extend the debt ceiling to Dec they'll be able to go until maybe April of next year before they run out of money. It's going to be interesting to watch the debt climb over the next few months. It'll probably be like 200 or 300 billion a month.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...imit-extension

I wonder if the wall is going to be included.
    Not if the Dems are voting for it.

Maybe for the next debt ceiling crisis? An article on zerohedge makes it sound like everything will come to a head in December, but if they extend the debt ceiling to Dec they'll be able to go until maybe April of next year before they run out of money. It's going to be interesting to watch the debt climb over the next few months. It'll probably be like 200 or 300 billion a month.
    If this goes the way it's looking right now, yea, December or early next year.

Between now and then Trump and the other leftist GOPers will promise, pinky swear, to do fiscal reform next time.

Then, well, you know, we can't shut the government down can we? We might lose the Senate!

Not if the Dems are voting for it.
    I don't know, what if Trump offered them something really big like universal healthcare?

I don't know, what if Trump offered them something really big like universal healthcare?
    They'd go for that, but he's not going to offer it, not at this point anyway, when he still has strong support within the GOP.

But I could easily see him doing deals of that magnitude with the Dems in a couple years.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump’s Surprise Deal With Democrats Sets Up Christmas Showdown
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...stmas-showdown

I'm holding judgement on this until I hear the interdimensional-chess Trumpsplanation.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Then, well, you know, we can't shut the government down can we? We might lose the Senate!
    Shut 'er down... a lot less damage will be done that way.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't care if it passes. Bring on the Government Shutdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galileo Galilei View Post
    Expect one in September.
    More Trump dreams ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    More Trump dreams ruined.
    These people know what they are though, they shamelessly will defend him and his ilk because he is part of the machine. Trump has always been part of the machine. The scammers are part of the machine though too, the ones that scammed people into thinking he wasn't part of the machine. They don't care if you prove them wrong, they just care about spinning his chaos into other peoples problems. They will come in here and blame the congress not the conman.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    I'm holding judgement on this until I hear the interdimensional-chess Trumpsplanation.
    This guy bashes Trump a lot, and he bashes the people who cry "5D chess" when Trump does something he disagrees with, but here he is coming around.

https://www.pscp.tv/Cernovich/1YqxomgWXVZGv?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    This guy bashes Trump a lot, and he bashes the people who cry "5D chess" when Trump does something he disagrees with, but here he is coming around.

https://www.pscp.tv/Cernovich/1YqxomgWXVZGv?
    The best part of live broadcasts are the fruedian slips
    'I'm all for criticizing trump when your supposed but if trump made a deal with somebody- if trump made a deal with somebody- and you think its a bad deal you should actually stop for a minute and go its probably not a good deal '-

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I love the smell of American Greatness© in the morning.

It smells like........... Victory.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    The best part of live broadcasts are the fruedian slips
    'I'm all for criticizing trump when your supposed but if trump made a deal with somebody- if trump made a deal with somebody- and you think its a bad deal you should actually stop for a minute and go its probably not a good deal '-

Dumb comment, that was a mis-speak, not a freudian slip, and it happened in like the first 30 seconds.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Dumb comment, that was a mis-speak, not a freudian slip, and it happened in like the first 30 seconds.
    I don't know there was this magical popup that said yes, you are honest when he said 'I'm all for criticizing trump when your supposed but if trump made a deal with somebody- if trump made a deal with somebody- and you think its a bad deal you should actually stop for a minute and go its probably not a good deal '

December 15, how convenient for the swamp creatures like McConnell and Schumer. Right before the holidays, so they can hold Congress and the nation hostage. "We have to pass this monstrous bill before Christmas, otherwise we have to stay through the holidays and shut the government down! We don't want to do this, but we have no choice!"
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Shocked, shocked I tell you!

Or maybe not. From two years ago:

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Rand is ahead of the curve on this. Most people wouldn't know how bad Trump would be until he was President. When Trump doesn't do the things he promised, and he starts to cut deals with the Democrats, will people get mad? When Trump uses the full force of government for personal vendettas, will people get mad?

IMHO, Trump as President would be similar to Schwarzenegger as Governor. He would eventually work with the Democrats and essentially become a Democrat. The difference would be that Trump would probably be more vindictive and use government to go after critics.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

December 15, how convenient for the swamp creatures like McConnell and Schumer. Right before the holidays, so they can hold Congress and the nation hostage. "We have to pass this monstrous bill before Christmas, otherwise we have to stay through the holidays and shut the government down! We don't want to do this, but we have no choice!"
    If the new debt ceiling expires Dec 15 I'm assuming they won't have to make a deal until 3-5 months later. This last debt ceiling suspension expired in mar so they made it about 6 months before running out of funds. I'm assuming 3 months is not enough time to replenish all the cash they used so it won't be as long this time around before they run out.

I'm still confused about this. All the articles make it sound like a done deal, but it sounds to me like nothing is official yet. Can't the republicans turn around and offer Trump a better deal?
    Last edited by Madison320; 09-07-2017 at 01:47 PM.

Senate Passes Debt-Limit Deal Trump Struck With Democrats

The Senate voted to extend the U.S. debt limit as part of a $15.25 billion bill providing funds for Hurricane Harvey victims under a deal struck by President Donald Trump and Democratic leaders that roiled Republican lawmakers.

The 80-17 vote Thursday would suspend the debt limit and keep the government open through Dec. 8 and finance aid to flood victims in Texas and other parts of the Gulf coast. The measure now goes to the House for consideration, where even small-government Republicans in opposition predict it will pass because of the urgent need for storm funds.

Trump’s decision to accept the deal undercut GOP leaders in the House and Senate, as well as his own Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, who had been arguing for a longer-term debt-limit extension. It also left Republicans blindsided, angry and disappointed with their own leaders and, to a lesser degree, Trump.

The episode provided the latest illustration of the bind Republicans find themselves in. Even though they control the White House and both chambers of Congress, they’ve been unable to set aside their own differences to get much done.

Republicans say Democrats likely will gain the upper hand in negotiations when the short-term agreements are due to expire in December as lawmakers race to complete their work to go on recess. The agenda is expected to include Trump’s proposed border wall with Mexico, his decision to end a program that lets young undocumented immigrants stay in the U.S., and perhaps the debt limit.

Failed Amendments

Before the final vote on the bill, H.R. 601, the Senate rejected amendments by Republican Rand Paul of Kentucky that would have required foreign aid cuts to offset the disaster assistance and by Republican Ben Sasse of Nebraska that would have dropped the debt-limit extension and stopgap spending from the disaster measure.
    More: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...with-democrats

Here are the senators who voted against the bill:

Bob Corker (Tennessee)

Steve Daines (Montana)

Mike Enzi (Wyoming)

Joni Ernst (Iowa)

Deb Fischer (Nebraska)

Jeff Flake (Arizona)

Lindsey Graham (South Carolina)

Chuck Grassley (Iowa)

Ron Johnson (Wisconsin)

James Lankford (Oklahoma)

Mike Lee (Utah)

John McCain (Arizona)

Jerry Moran (Kansas)

Rand Paul (Kentucky)

James Risch (Idaho)

Ben Sasse (Nebraska)

Pat Toomey (Pennsylvania)

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    These people know what they are though, they shamelessly will defend him and his ilk because he is part of the machine. Trump has always been part of the machine. The scammers are part of the machine though too, the ones that scammed people into thinking he wasn't part of the machine. They don't care if you prove them wrong, they just care about spinning his chaos into other peoples problems. They will come in here and blame the congress not the conman.
    Yep, that seems to be the bread and butter of the Trump playbook.

...did it with Obamacare, did it with DACA.

FOX and other regime media has been pushing this line a lot lately, and the parrots are already squawking it back.

Can't the republicans turn around and offer Trump a better deal?
    There are only a handful of GOPers who want a better deal.

Here are the senators who voted against the bill:

Bob Corker (Tennessee)

Steve Daines (Montana)

Mike Enzi (Wyoming)

Joni Ernst (Iowa)

Deb Fischer (Nebraska)

Jeff Flake (Arizona)

Lindsey Graham (South Carolina)

Chuck Grassley (Iowa)

Ron Johnson (Wisconsin)

James Lankford (Oklahoma)

Mike Lee (Utah)

John McCain (Arizona)

Jerry Moran (Kansas)

Rand Paul (Kentucky)

James Risch (Idaho)

Ben Sasse (Nebraska)

Pat Toomey (Pennsylvania)
    See, that pisses me off...

The underlined would have happily voted for the bill, but for the fact that it was supported by the Dems.

They voted against it only because they knew it was going to pass anyway.

I'd have rather seen it pushed through with Rand and Lee the only Nays, and the rest revealing their true colors.

See, that pisses me off...

The underlined would have happily voted for the bill, but for the fact that it was supported by the Dems.

They voted against it only because they knew it was going to pass anyway.

I'd have rather seen it pushed through with Rand and Lee the only Nays, and the rest revealing their true colors.
    McCain and Graham would happily side with the Democrats. They probably voted no because Trump made the deal and could take credit. Additionally, their neocon advisers probably told them this is a golden (safe) opportunity to make points with vote scoring organizations like Heritage.

And where was Ted Cruz? Doing everything he can to placate the establishment so they don't run against him in the primary? Sorry, Ted, too late for that. They will run a primary candidate against you.

Jump is a NY Liberal RINO.... this is not exactly news, folks. You Trumphumpers that tried to convert us principled Libertarians and Ron Paul Republicans shouldn't be surprised.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

McCain and Graham would happily side with the Democrats.
    If it were necessary for the bill to pass, yes.

Otherwise, they'd rather pretend to be conservatives.

Hence this vote.

And where was Ted Cruz? Doing everything he can to placate the establishment so they don't run against him in the primary? Sorry, Ted, too late for that. They will run a primary candidate against you.
    Ted's from Harveyland. He wasn't going to vote against the aid package: you know, given that he's a whore.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 09-07-2017 at 03:49 PM.

Looks like Trump is taking his marching orders from Chucky Schumer these days. Not really a surprise since Schumer is one the banker's top boys.

A bill still has to be agreed between the House and Senate and signed to extend the "suspension" (CR) to December 15 (incidentally the same day as Charlottesville guy's court appearance). Last I saw it's not a formal debt ceiling increase, just another suspension. How they'll finagle that with Treasury cash dwindling already, I don't know. Launder some more Treasuries through shell companies probably...

There was talk on CNBC earlier that the debt ceiling requirement will be repealed altogether. Big doin's underway!
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast