Thread: Gov. of US Virgin Islands authorizes National Guard to seize arms and ammo.

Gov. of US Virgin Islands authorizes National Guard to seize arms and ammo.

Ahead of Hurricane Irma the Governor of the U.S. Virgin Island has activated the National Guard to seize arms, ammunition, explosives and incendiary devices.

U.S. Virgin Islands Gov. Kenneth Mapp signed an emergency order allowing the seizure of private guns, ammunition, explosives and property the National Guard may need to respond to Hurricane Irma.

Mapp signed the order Monday in preparation for Hurricane Irma. The order allows the Adjutant General of the Virgin Islands to seize private property they believe necessary to protect the islands, subject to approval by the territory’s Justice Department.

Mapp issued an emergency declaration Tuesday and mobilized National Guard units to prepare for the massive storm.
    http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/05/vi...urricane-irma/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I see no problem with this.
    The most effective way of battling a hurricane is shooting it. duh.
    They need all the guns and ammo they can get.

Am I wrong to assume that the National Guard already has a sufficient supply of guns and ammunition?

If not, this might actually be a nice place to live.

We must prevent property owners from harming looters at all costs.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Wow - talk about never letting a crisis go to waste!

They can't seriously believe people are going to peacefully give up their guns right before they're going to be the most useful, can they?! This could get really, really ugly.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I do solemnly swear, that I will collect a paycheck and follow orders.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Wow - talk about never letting a crisis go to waste!

They can't seriously believe people are going to peacefully give up their guns right before they're going to be the most useful, can they?! This could get really, really ugly.
    Well, the good news is that ALL firearms must be registered in the V.I. so it shouldn't take too long to round them up.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Well, the good news is that ALL firearms must be registered in the V.I. so it shouldn't take too long to round them up.

Lol. Funny.

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I guess the Constitution does not apply in US territories.
    good to know!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

... & after the storm has passed, their guns will promptly be returned, right?... am I right?

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    ... & after the storm has passed, their guns will promptly be returned, right?... am I right?
    If memory serves, something similar happened during Katrina. Several firearms went unrecovered including some antique valuable ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    If memory serves, something similar happened during Katrina. Several firearms went unrecovered including some antique valuable ones.
    bastards

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Will the military follow his illegal order?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    I guess the Constitution does not apply in US territories.
    good to know!
    Or within about an hours drive of canadian and mexican border or within that from ea coast . Most Americans live in a constitution free zone is what I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    How does the virgin islands even have National Guard ?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    How does the virgin islands even have National Guard ?
    They are the far west of U.S. holdings. The Nazi's could have U-Boats there right now.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would like to know how many explosive devices they have on the registry .

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    I have yet to hear The Adjutant General BG Deborah Y. Howell respond...

or Chief of Staff Col. Linda Cills...

Last edited by phill4paul; 09-05-2017 at 06:12 PM.

On the bright side . Chopping up the first looter with an axe or something is more effective visually for the others . Desperate people do not always seem to mind getting shot . They watch tv and do not think it will hurt . I would go with some flaming arrows too . The smell of burnt flesh is a good looter deterrent .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Or within about an hours drive of canadian and mexican border or within that from ea coast . Most Americans live in a constitution free zone is what I hear.
    From what I've been seeing, the whole darned country is already a constitution free zone... they seldom seem to think about it anyway.

Hooboy...

Time to bury the guns, save one or two which are to be hidden in other ways. Then tell the guardsmen to $#@! off when they come knocking.

It would appear the governor is ripe for a good, sturdy, and vicious beating.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Sounds like another opportunity for the deep state to practice martial law and test various suppositions and techniques. Much like Katrina. Seems like that's mostly what Katrina was.