Thread: Ohio news photographer reportedly shot by deputy while setting up to take pictures of traffic

Ohio news photographer reportedly shot by deputy while setting up to take pictures of traffic

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/05...ffic-stop.html

Ohio news photographer reportedly shot by deputy while setting up to take pictures of traffic stop
    A small Ohio news organization said one of its photographers was shot by a sheriff's deputy Monday night while he set up to take pictures of a random traffic stop.

Andy Grimm "had his camera in his hand" when he was shot in his side by a Clark County sheriff's deputy in New Carlisle, which north of Dayton, The New Carlisle News said in a Facebook post.

He was rushed to Miami Valley Hospital for surgery and is expected to recover.

Grimm had left the newsroom around 10 p.m. on Monday to take pictures of a lightning storm, the paper said. While he was taking pictures, a traffic stop occurred on the same road, according to the article.

"I was going out to take pictures and I saw the traffic stop and I thought, 'Hey, cool. I'll get some pictures here.'" he told the newspaper. He said he pulled into a parking lot in full view of the deputy, got out of his Jeep and started setting up his tripod and camera. "I turned around toward the cars and then 'pop, pop."

The newspaper speculated that the deputy may have mistaken the camera for a weapon. Grimm said the deputy, identified in reports as Jake Shaw, gave him no warning.

"I was just doing my job," he said. "I know Jake. I like Jake. I don't want him to lose his job over this."

Sources told the newspaper that there was “some confusion” surrounding the shooting.

“I just talked to Andy and he said that he is very sore, but in good spirits,” Dale Grimm, the photographer's father and publisher of the New Carlisle News, told Fox News. “He said the hospital expects to be releasing him Tuesday. He also stressed that he does not want the deputy to lose his job over this.

The Dayton Daily News reports the case has been turned over to the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation.

“This is a small town. Everybody knows everybody. It was just a terrible misunderstanding,” his father said
    LOL, that has got to be epic level copsucking. He shot me, without warning, but I don't want him to lose his job.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    WTF . When I read retarded stories like this it lifts my spirits as I have never been shot by anyone I liked.

Ohio: Sheriff's Deputy Sees Photographer Setting Up Tripod, Shoots Him

The shot photographer is worried the deputy might lose his job ...

http://fox8.com/2017/09/05/news-orga...eriffs-deputy/
    News organization says photographer shot by sheriff’s deputy

Posted 3:30 am, September 5, 2017, by Darren Sweeney, Updated at 03:33AM, September 5, 2017

NEW CARLISLE, Ohio — A small Ohio news organization says one of its employees has been shot by a sheriff’s deputy who they say apparently mistook his camera for a weapon.

The New Carlisle News reports photographer Andy Grimm had left the office Monday night to take pictures of lightning when he saw a Clark County sheriff’s deputy performing a traffic stop in New Carlisle, north of Dayton.

Grimm tells the news organization that he decided to take pictures of the traffic stop. He says he got out of his Jeep and started setting up his tripod and camera when he was shot in the side.

Grimm was taken to a hospital, where he underwent surgery. He’s expected to recover.

Dale Grimm, the paper’s publisher and Andy’s father, told Fox 8 News that Andy is “terribly sore, but in good spirits.”

He expected his son to be released from the hospital on Tuesday.

Dale Grimm said his son is very worried that the deputy might lose his job over the incident.

Would it just be a "misunderstanding" had he killed your son, Mr. Grim? What if next time he kills a mother of three? What if next time he kills a 1 yr. old held by a mother of three? $#@!in' hell, this guy doesn't need to be a cop. Period.

Stockholm fuking syndrome

This isn't my neck of the woods these guys went to the same school my wife did

Ohio is good at licking cop boots nothing will happen
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Would it just be a "misunderstanding" had he killed your son, Mr. Grim? What if next time he kills a mother of three? What if next time he kills a 1 yr. old held by a mother of three? $#@!in' hell, this guy doesn't need to be a cop. Period.
    I will vote him off the island
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post

http://fox8.com/2017/09/05/news-orga...eriffs-deputy/
    I wish Andy would have been shot harder then.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

LOL i love satire

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm going to write a sternly worded letter.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

"I was just doing my job," he said. "I know Jake. I like Jake. I don't want him to lose his job over this."
    “This is a small town. Everybody knows everybody. It was just a terrible misunderstanding,” his father said
    Dale Grimm said his son is very worried that the deputy might lose his job over the incident.
    Jesus Weeping Christ that's worse!

Y'all know each other, and he shot you down without warning, and you're still giving this $#@! cop a pass????!!!

WTF

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

The photographer is white.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

I use and like this personal security service, and you will use it too.
    I have my standards, ya know.

Personal forgiveness > "legal forgiveness"
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Of course he is.

Most white people are cop sucking pussies.

If this had been a black man, black folks would be in the street, raising seven kinds of holy hell, and rightly so.

AH $#@!

They are on the same team..

One beats you up and the other tells you what to think about it.

Had he been actually REPORTING,, he would have been dead,, sooner.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Jesus Weeping Christ that's worse!

Y'all know each other, and he shot you down without warning, and you're still giving this $#@! cop a pass????!!!

It is stuff like this that sparks my anger slightly more at the boot lickers than the those actually committing the act and I am not just speaking about cops.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/05...ffic-stop.html

Ohio news photographer reportedly shot by deputy while setting up to take pictures of traffic stop

LOL, that has got to be epic level copsucking. He shot me, without warning, but I don't want him to lose his job.

Alternatively, the journalist, knowing the corruption of small town cops, is trying to avoid a target on his back.

loveshiscountry

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Follow the money trail. Jake owes Andy money from a previous transaction involving a throw down gun. No job, no repayment.
    You people are so quick to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Oh thank GOD... What a tragedy it would have been had the shootee been bleeeack.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    He should relax. Even though it seems fairly cut and dry, they're still investigating. I suspect they plan on investigating until it fades from public memory.

Clark County deputy back to work after shooting news photographer
    State, internal investigations in shooting still ongoing.

Updated: 5:21 p.m. Friday, October 27, 2017 | Posted: 6:55 a.m. Friday, October 27, 2017

A Clark County deputy is now back to work after he shot a news photographer about two months ago.
    Deputy Jacob Shaw was placed on paid administrative leave after he shot New Carlisle News photographer Andrew Grimm on Sept. 4.

He returned to work Saturday, Oct. 21, after he was cleared by a psychiatrist and was assigned to the jail division, according to the Clark County Sheriff’s Office. Shaw had been working on the road patrol at the time of the shooting.

The Ohio Attorney General’s Office investigation into what happened remains ongoing, according to a media representative for the attorney general.

Grimm wants to know the results of the attorney general’s investigation.

“It’s hard to believe that he’s back to work but I’m just waiting on due process,” he said.

The sheriff’s office will do an internal investigation into Shaw’s actions after the attorney general’s investigation is completed.

The attorney general and sheriff’s offices have declined further comment during the investigation.

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/ne...wztV9mq84Px5L/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.