Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin Cracks $5000

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Uh oh.

Visa bans several cryptocurrency-backed cards, leaving thousands in the lurch
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/05/visa...ked-cards.html
    Meh, they aren't losing anything..

"As a licensed E-Money Institution, WaveCrest is required to safeguard funds to cover all of its issued electronic money and we can confirm that these funds are safe and available for redemption through other channels," the statement read.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Meh, they aren't losing anything..

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    I like the idea of using a Visa card for crypto, this is going backwards. The cartel is fighting back it seems.

I like the idea of using a Visa card for crypto, this is going backwards. The cartel is fighting back it seems.
    Seems to be overblown, just one company and they can transfer the service over apparently.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/com...s_down_theyre/

This doesn't make people pissed at crypto, it makes people pissed at the banks. That's why we are doing this, remember?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

This one still works, no?

https://www.shiftpayments.com/card

Uh oh.

Visa bans several cryptocurrency-backed cards, leaving thousands in the lurch
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/05/visa...ked-cards.html
    Every time an accomplice of the system panics, an angel gets his wings, and the opposition grows.
    Last edited by The Northbreather; 01-05-2018 at 04:58 PM.

This one still works, no?

https://www.shiftpayments.com/card
    Hope so, just paid $10 for one earlier today. It tied in to coinbase without a problem so I assume it'll be fine

Bitcoin jumped $2000 so far today. Of course this is really putting a hit on alt coins, significant drops
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Seems to be overblown, just one company and they can transfer the service over apparently.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/com...s_down_theyre/

This doesn't make people pissed at crypto, it makes people pissed at the banks. That's why we are doing this, remember?
    True and I believe it will not be for long before they start banning other cards. You know it is coming. Do you really think government is going to allow this to go one for much longer?

Cryptos will survive and VISA will not be an issue once Bitcoin and others is fully regulated with every transaction tied to a person with a government ID.

Did anyone here forget that to be a legal crypto-currency you are required to pay the state 5k which they may or may not approve your license, non-refundable. This leaves friends of state politicians the only ones being approved while the rest migrate to crypto friendly states until they do the same. The guy that wrote the regulation for NY left to advise on how to navigate the licensing process before taking a job with Ripple. Hmmm.

Cryptos will survive and VISA will not be an issue once Bitcoin and others is fully regulated with every transaction tied to a person with a government ID.
    The bitcoin network does not require every transaction to be tied to a person with a government ID.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The bitcoin network does not require every transaction to be tied to a person with a government ID.
    It will eventually be required which was my point of where I think we are headed. I would not like that anymore than you.

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    Some retailers do but yes, overall it's still very rare until a complete supply chain can be entirely paid in crypto. Overstock is keeping 50% of all bitcoin payments as bitcoin, up from the 10% it used to hold.
    ...for bill-paying or for speculating?

I'd assume the latter, as with virtually every other bitcoin user.

It will eventually be required which was my point of where I think we are headed. I would not like that anymore than you.
    Right, sort of like how when I was in college they required that we not use cannabis at all or drink alcohol before we were 21.. yet everybody had a fridge stocked with beer freshman year and everybody smoked weed. Imagine that.

I foresee am eventual total crackdown on the exchanges from every government issuing an exchanged fiat.

Then it's crypto being exachanged for precious metals to maintain anonymity.

Checkmate. Fiat death.

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    I foresee am eventual total crackdown on the exchanges from every government issuing an exchanged fiat.

Checkmate. Fiat death.
    Agreed that fiat could be left out in the cold from BTC transactions. But how are you diagnosing "fiat death?"

Checkmate. Fiat death.
    there are a number of peer to peer exchanges already, a few coins are having them built in like WAVES. They won't be able to shut down those exchanges
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Checkmate. Fiat death.
    Japan legalized Bitcoin. Checkmate to all the losers who think the state is going to kill crypto. Japan is already starting to use crypto for inter bank wires...

you guys are dummies. Some countries are embracing crypto and those will countries will have an advantage in the new money world order.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    Japan legalized Bitcoin. Checkmate to all the losers who think the state is going to kill crypto. Japan is already starting to use crypto for inter bank wires...

you guys are dummies. Some countries are embracing crypto and those will countries will have an advantage in the new money world order.
    First one to embrace their slavery wins! Last one to value freedom is a rotten egg.

If a tightly central bank managed country like Japan legalizes bitcoin, doesn't that mean it's not a threat to the central bank? Does your cognitive dissonance hurt, Mordan? Besides, by legalizing it, that doesn't mean the bank can't simply nationalize the use of it under the BOJ's authority. Good to see your mask is coming off and you're an NWO shill though. Makes sense since I'm sure you'd like to see your undeveloped country advanced on the backs of a transfer of American's wealth. No wonder all of your posts are about getting Americans to put their dollars into bitcoin. Why are you here?
    Last edited by devil21; 01-06-2018 at 11:51 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    First one to embrace their slavery wins! Last one to value freedom is a rotten egg.

Why are you here?
    onboarding smart people on the crypto train to the fabulous riches of freedom from the fiat system.

I'm invisioning that metals and crypto continue to complement each other until fiat is irrelevant.

A synergistic symbiosis.

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    Cardano is gaining fast on ETH, it's up to 27 Billion. It has a co-founder of Eth running it and their claim is smart contracts done right. It's up 15X from November.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/cardano/
    Dunno, the eth bull run just keeps going. ill look at cardano some more as I like the technology. Learning how to code some dapps for eth now.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Dunno, the eth bull run just keeps going. ill look at cardano some more as I like the technology. Learning how to code some dapps for eth now.
    i am interested to know your first hand experience with deploying your smart contract ideas.

How do you expect to code external conditions ? The only use case that truly works on Ethereum are ERC20 tokens and Etherdelta for trading those.
    Because they are fully inside the ecosystem without external conditions.

Pro Tip: See how Bitshares solved price of real world assets (external conditions) in order to trade bitUSD on the dex. They used witnesses that are financially incentivized to be honest.

I'm invisioning that metals and crypto continue to complement each other until fiat is irrelevant.

A synergistic symbiosis.
    metals are external conditions to the crypto world.. metals are like any other commodities.

man my neighbor spent all his cash to buy a fancy car, a cocaine lab and other stupid stuff on GTA 5. He does not give a $#@! about crypto or shiny metals.

i am interested to know your first hand experience with deploying your smart contract ideas.

How do you expect to code external conditions ? The only use case that truly works on Ethereum are ERC20 tokens and Etherdelta for trading those.
    Because they are fully inside the ecosystem without external conditions.

Pro Tip: See how Bitshares solved price of real world assets (external conditions) in order to trade bitUSD on the dex. They used witnesses that are financially incentivized to be honest.
    I will update when I finally get something legit in place -- I have to fit my theoretical/practice/spec work in with the bill paying work.

in the meantime ETH setting new highs and on the verge of breaking through $1100 today.

I will update when I finally get something legit in place -- I have to fit my theoretical/practice/spec work in with the bill paying work.

in the meantime ETH setting new highs and on the verge of breaking through $1100 today.
    price is irrelevant.

DogeCoin just broke 1 billion market cap.. is that relevant?

current market is dumb money buying marketing buzz words.

my point is that you will finally understand what smart contracts are able to do by coding one. Good luck!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    price is irrelevant.
    Sure, it is irrelevant as far as the technology, bit its not irrelevant as to the topic of this thread. and it is not irrelevant in regards to the amount of investment people and companies have in the specific blockchain. the more investment, the more applications and features that will come through.

my point is that you will finally understand what smart contracts are able to do by coding one. Good luck!
    Indeed, that's how I've always learned and how I've supported myself for 2 decades.

As far as what they are capable of, you can also look at what others are doing.
    eg:

I am absolutely NOT saying the state will kill crypto.

I am saying that the old guard will attack, blacklist, condemn, attempt to co-opt crypto as they become aware of how much power they have to lose as people continue to trade in their fiat.

Attacks will only serve to strengthen the cryptos reputation imho.

States have many instruments of control at their disposal, we'll likey see some used.
    Last edited by The Northbreather; 01-07-2018 at 03:44 PM.

We should make a FedCoin and make billions
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Sure, it is irrelevant as far as the technology, bit its not irrelevant as to the topic of this thread. and it is not irrelevant in regards to the amount of investment people and companies have in the specific blockchain. the more investment, the more applications and features that will come through.

Indeed, that's how I've always learned and how I've supported myself for 2 decades.

As far as what they are capable of, you can also look at what others are doing.
    eg:
    Eth
    $1,204.96

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    We should make a FedCoin and make billions
    Lemme give you some advice.

https://imgur.com/8tQEo11

Lemme give you some advice.

https://imgur.com/8tQEo11
    The ICO launches in two weeks.

Pre-ICO sales are also available at 20% discount.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast