Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin Cracks $5000

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    You are dumb idiot. You bought a pump and dump stock...

i keep asking you to buy the real thing. the private keys to real coins.

get lost.

you are literally wasting your time on this thread.

There is a lot more money to be made in those pump and dump stocks.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    He trades commodities.

I am half his age and have already seen this play numerous times. Multiple crazy weed stock runs, ebola stocks a few years back, multiple crazy runs in the Biotech sector, police security stocks after Ferguson to name a few.

You are dumb idiot. You bought a pump and dump stock...

i keep asking you to buy the real thing. the private keys to real coins.

get lost.

you are literally wasting your time on this thread.
    Hmm....where are you from Mordan? You're clearly not American.

My point is that it's ALL pump and dump stock. Small groups of people that hold huge positions moving the 'markets'. I lost about $50 so I think I'll get over it pretty quickly.

Btw, when Katy Perry puts up an instagram post about bitcoin like she did today, that's another huge red flag. She's a mouthpiece for the bankers/social engineers. It means they want you to put your money into their vaporware and I assure you that it is not for your own good.
    Last edited by devil21; 11-29-2017 at 01:39 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

http://www.businessinsider.com/bitco...e-login-issues

Bitcoin's price is collapsing and people can't trade because 2 big exchanges have crashed

Bitcoin on Wednesday dropped to about $9,200 from an all-time high of about $11,400 after many users found themselves locked out of two of the biggest cryptocurrency exchanges in the US.

The digital exchanges Coinbase and Gemini crashed on Wednesday after bitcoin prices surged above $11,000 a coin early in the morning.

People also reported being locked out of accounts on GDAX, Coinbase's professional trading platform, and the Luxembourg-based bitcoin exchange Bitstamp.

Users of the digital exchanges saw slowed performance on the websites and in some cases still cannot log into their accounts.

Coinbase, which says it has exchanged over $50 billion in cryptocurrency since its launch in 2012, posted about a "partial system outage" early Wednesday, though many users found themselves locked out of their accounts by the afternoon.

Dave Farmer, the director of business operations at Coinbase, said the company experienced "all-time-high traffic" early Wednesday, causing some users to experience slowness.

"Should be fully resolved in the next couple of hours," Farmer said in prepared remarks.

Gemini, the exchange started by the Winklevoss twins in 2015, showed many users a "504 gateway time-out" message, which means its servers were not responding to requests. The company posted on its status page: "Systems are currently experiencing degraded performance."

As of 10:08 a.m. PT, Gemini's site says its system is under maintenance.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitc...-goes-berserk/

Bitcoin Price Flash Crashes to $10,075 as Market Goes Berserk

The bitcoin price plunged by more than $1,300 in minutes during a flash crash on bitcoin exchange Bitfinex but has since recovered above $10,800.

Bitcoin Price Flash Crashes to $10,075

At approximately 10:09 ET, the bitcoin jumped to a one-hour high of $11,399, which placed it just below the all-time high of $11,441 it had set at 9:13. Apparently — after observing resistance at $11,500 — a whale had set $11,400 as his or her target exit vector because at 10:11, the candle turned red, and three minutes later, this trader unleashed a massive market sell order.

This sell order caused the bitcoin price careen down to $10,075, representing a decline of $1,324 — or 12 percent of bitcoin’s total value — in just four minutes. For reference, the bitcoin price did not even reach $1,324 until May 1 of this year.

Following the flash crash, the bitcoin price quickly rebounded above $10,900, but it was unable to crack the $11,000 mark and quickly fell into decline.

BTFD!

I just bought more BTC and LTC on this news....

When I predicted Bitcoin at $500,000 by the end of 2020, it used a model that predicted $5,000 at the end of 2017. BTC has accelerated much faster than my model assumptions. I now predict Bircoin at $1 million by the end of 2020. I will still eat my dick if wrong.
    - John Mcafee, Nov. 29, 2017
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Earlier today headline: https://www.coinspeaker.com/2017/11/...11000-barrier/

Bitcoin Price is Going to the Moon as Cryptocurrency Breaks $11,000 Barrier

It was just yesterday when bitcoin surged past the $10,000 barrier for the very first time and this has happened almost a month before we bid adieu to the most-glorious year of 2017 for cryptocurrency markets. Not only Bitcoin but the overall crypto markets have reached to record high valuations with a total cap of above $325 billion. Many analysts had already predicted a few months back that Bitcoin will cross $10,000 mark by the end of this year.

Now the interesting fact is that in just past two months, the Bitcoins prices have jumped by 100% with the major trigger provided by the announcement of Bitcoin futures contract by world’s largest derivatives marketplace – CME Group. The futures are to start from the very next week as officially announced by CME Group, and it seems that as the launch is coming closer retail investors are really excited for this moment.

As per reports, the major trading volumes post the $9000 mark have been contributed by retail investors and the $10,000 was a psychological barrier as it seems that Bitcoin is in no mood to stop even after that. After crossing the $10000 mark 24 hours back, Bitcoin has surged even 10% further and is currently trading at $11,105.80, according to CoinMarketCap. The 24-hour trading volumes have crossed $8.5 billion and the overall market cap of Bitcoin is now over $185 billion.

There is no doubt about it that Bitcoin has now managed to gain formidable grounds and is seriously viewed as a mainstream digital currency. Moreover, Bitcoin has managed to sustain against all odds and criticism coming from renowned personalities from global finance and financial institutions alike.

You are way too emotional.
    I was trying to be silly. I agree with your buy-and-hold approach.

On the other hand, others were not so optimistic: https://www.coindesk.com/overstretch...nd-1000-gains/

Overstretched? Bitcoin Price on Shaky Ground After 1,000% Gains

Bitcoin may be starting to show signs of bull market exhaustion.

As per CoinDesk's Bitcoin Price Index (BPI), bitcoin (BTC) rose to a new all-time high of $10,831.75 at 05:35 UTC, having first moved above $10,000 in Asian trading hours. As of writing, BTC is at $10,900. The meteoric rise has taken year-to-date gains to 1,000 percent.

Still, there is a need to be cautious, the latest price and volume activity suggests.
    A pullback to $9946 (1-hour 50-MA) looks likely, and a violation there would expose support at $9,600 and $9,400.

Investors also need to watch out for potential bearish RSI divergence. For example, prices could clock fresh highs above $11,000 in early U.S. hours before falling back below $10,500 on overbought conditions. In such a case, the 1-hour RSI would form lower highs.

Confirmation of bearish price RSI divergence would validate bearish daily view put forward by price and volume study and could only increase the magnitude of the pullback.

On a larger scheme of things, only a break below $9,000 (rising trend line support on the daily chart) would signal a bullish-to-bearish trend change.

On the higher side, only a high volume jump above $11,000 would be considered a good news, although overbought conditions as showed by the RSI could come into play anytime.
    It is about $9,700 at this moment.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-29-2017 at 03:20 PM.

lol... in a few months it will be "Bitcoin flashcrashes to $40k, market goes berserk!"
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    It is about $9,700 at this moment.
    Beat me to it. It took me several minutes trying different Bitcoin quote sites to even get data back. No doubt getting slammed right now.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Beat me to it. It took me several minutes trying different Bitcoin quote sites to even get data back. No doubt getting slammed right now.
    Volitility and difficulties of setting up a bitcoin account discourages more people from getting involved with it.

https://qz.com/1141139/bitcoin-price...s-and-futures/

Bitcoin owners don’t want to deal with holding their own bitcoin

Bitcoin is red-hot, having gained over 1,000% this year. But a survey of bitcoin holders by LendEdu, a student loan comparison website, shows that Americans who already own bitcoin would really rather own the asset using a more convenient vehicle, like in an exchange-traded fund (ETF).

The LendEdu survey, conducted earlier this month (Nov.), recorded the responses of 564 Americans who owned bitcoin. Here’s what those bitcoin owners said about owning the cryptocurrency through an ETF:

If possible, would you rather own bitcoin through an ETF that accurately tracked the price of bitcoin?

Yes 39.49%
    No 16.31
    Unsure 34.2
    Source: LendEdu

The survey doesn’t address the reasons for favoring an ETF over holding actual bitcoin, but it’s not hard to see the attractions. Bitcoins can get hacked (over $4 billion has been stolen so far, by Reuters’ count); they can get lost (or more accurately, the private keys granting access to them can get lost, as this epic Wired piece recounts); and it’s generally a pain to make sure they’re secure. An ETF offloads all those problems to giant mutual funds, and consumers can just buy units in the ETF through their usual stock brokerage accounts. The Winklevoss twins, of Facebook-lawsuit fame, have been trying to get a bitcoin ETF approved for years.
    Most people are buying bitcoin because they think they can make money from it- not because they think it is a better way to buy things.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    lol... in a few months it will be "Bitcoin flashcrashes to $40k, market goes berserk!"
    Nasdaq just announced TODAY they will begin Bitcoin Futures trading, making it way more mainstream... and Amazon is rumored to be in talks to accept it as a form of payment.

If people can't see what's happening with Crypto, they won't now nor will they ever. Bitcoin may not be the last crypto standing, but make no mistake, crypto currencies are here to stay.

Every time Zip posts a Debbie-downer about BTC, someone should bookmark it to rub it in in 12 months
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Volitility and difficulties of setting up a bitcoin account discourages more people from getting involved with it.

Most people are buying bitcoin because they think they can make money from it- not because they think it is a better way to buy things.
    Most people are buying Bitcoin because they think is is revolutionary technology that will change the world and they want to be apart of it.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Incorrect:

1. Which of the following best describes the reason you invested in Bitcoin?

a. 21.81% of respondents answered "Bitcoin is a long term store of value, like gold or silver."

b. 40.78% of respondents answered "I believe Bitcoin is a world changing technology."

c. 14.01% of respondents answered "I believe that the price of Bitcoin is too low, and will only go higher."

d. 15.25% of respondents answered "A friend, family member, or another trustworthy source convinced me to invest."

e. 8.16% of respondents answered "I plan on using Bitcoin for transactions or purchases, and less of an investment."
    https://lendedu.com/blog/investing-in-bitcoin

- Diogenes of Sinope

Of those who own bitcoin here, what percent of your daily/ monthly transactions (buying goods and services) would you say you use bitcoin for?

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Your poll actually supports what I said.

e. 8.16% of respondents answered "I plan on using Bitcoin for transactions or purchases, and less of an investment."

Your poll actually supports what I said.
    Are you really that dense? You said most people buy BTC because they want to make money.... The survey had that option, but the majority of respondents chose what I posted, which is clearly not what you said.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Of those who own bitcoin here, what percent of your daily/ monthly transactions (buying goods and services) would you say you use bitcoin for?

60%
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Most people are buying Bitcoin because they think is is revolutionary technology that will change the world and they want to be apart of it.
    I don't post negative stuff about Bitcoin because I think it is for real. But is it a speculative bubble? Of course it is.

Amazon was for real in the late 90s. It was revolutionary technology. It lost 95% of its value and you would have had to wait 9 years before it made new highs. Silver ran up before I was on the forums but I suspect people made up all sorts of reasons why they should buy silver as it went parabolic. Buying into parabolic moves is not a way to win.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are you really that dense? You said most people buy BTC because they want to make money.... The survey had that option, but the majority of respondents chose what I posted, which is clearly not what you said.
    Let's go through the options.

a) 22% said it was a "store of value like gold or silver". Do you buy gold and silver to spend it or as an investment? "Store of value" means you are keeping it and not spending it. Investment.

b) 41% said "I believe Bitcoin is a world changing technology." Really says nothing about their goals- use as money or as an investment.

c) 14.01% of respondents answered "I believe that the price of Bitcoin is too low, and will only go higher." - to make money- not to use for money.

d) 15.25% of respondents answered "A friend, family member, or another trustworthy source convinced me to invest." Again- to invest- potentially make money.

e) 8.16% of respondents answered "I plan on using Bitcoin for transactions or purchases, and less of an investment."- less than ten percent intended to use it for money

Totals for a+c+d are 51% of respondents compared to 8% saying they would be using it for transactions.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-29-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Let's go through the options.

a) 22% said it was a "store of value like gold or silver". Do you buy gold and silver to spend it or as an investment? "Store of value" means you are keeping it and not spending it. Investment.

b) 41% said "I believe Bitcoin is a world changing technology." Really says nothing about their goals- use as money or as an investment.

c) 14.01% of respondents answered "I believe that the price of Bitcoin is too low, and will only go higher." - to make money- not to use for money.

d) 15.25% of respondents answered "A friend, family member, or another trustworthy source convinced me to invest." Again- to invest- potentially make money.

e) 8.16% of respondents answered "I plan on using Bitcoin for transactions or purchases, and less of an investment."- less than ten percent intended to use it for money

Totals for a+c+d are 51% of respondents compared to 8% saying they would be using it for transactions.
    Your analysis fails on one count because many people have multiple reasons for owning bitcoin, but they were only allowed one choice in the poll.

Also, the people who are investing and trading in bitcoin today are increasing the amount of and improving the bitcoin infrastructure so that when there is a market that is ready to utilize the technology, it will be available for them to use. When that happens, it will be like dominoes because other places will see how well bitcoin was able to help fix a broken economy, sideline corrupt governments and financial institutions, etc..

That is the option you completely left out of your analysis, which is the bulk of the people who own the bitcoin. They want to change the world, so they are giving the world a tool to do so.

Meanwhile, you are being a tool for the establishment.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Someone should start an ICO for a tax coin that helps US government collect taxes on it

It's a brilliant idea
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

nice dip. no emotions. I am a veteran. Buying the dips.

Try transacting in crypto to understand the power. Gov shills on this site doing their propaganda work.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Someone should start an ICO for a tax coin that helps US government collect taxes on it

It's a brilliant idea
    As ridiculous as it sounds "Tax Coin" would not surprise me considering.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogecoin
    Dogecoin is a cryptocurrency featuring a likeness of the Shiba Inu dog from the "Doge" Internet meme as its logo. Introduced as a "joke currency" on 8 December 2013, Dogecoin quickly developed its own online community and reached a capitalization of US$60 million in January 2014;[8] as of November 2017, it has a capitalization of US$227 million.
    I can see it now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxcoin
    Tax Coin is a cryptocurrency featuring the the internet meme of Ron Paul waving his hands as its logo. Introduced as a "joke currency" by a member of Ron Paul Forums with the handle of "TheTexan" in January 2018, Taxcoin quickly developed its own online mining community with the purpose of using the transaction proceeds to pay down the US Debt.

It's a brilliant idea
    And like Doge the US Government has plenty to be considered a joke
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

nice dip. no emotions. I am a veteran. Buying the dips.

Try transacting in crypto to understand the power. Gov shills on this site doing their propaganda work.
    Where are you from Mordan?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Where are you from Mordan?
    Why does that matter to you?

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    To 11000 then 7800 then 17000 then 14000 then 20000

u heard it here first
    Pretty damn good estimate, Sir.

Why does that matter to you?
    He might think you're from Russia.

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast