Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1065

Thread: Bitcoin Cracks $5000

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    What exactly is in the offline wallet? The entire blockchain?
    A wallet has a private key and a public key.

The public key is the one I would send you if we wanted to do a transaction, so you could send bitcoin to that public address. You can also use the public key to check the blockchain for the value of a wallet.

The private key is needed to interact with the blockchain to create send transactions.

A wallet is a combination of both, so it will simply read the public blockchain to verify the value of the wallet, and then send a transaction using the private key which is often protected by another layer of cryptography in order to keep the wallet secure.

The wallet need only be comprised of the public key and private key.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    A wallet has a private key and a public key.

The public key is the one I would send you if we wanted to do a transaction, so you could send bitcoin to that public address. You can also use the public key to check the blockchain for the value of a wallet.

The private key is needed to interact with the blockchain to create send transactions.

A wallet is a combination of both, so it will simply read the public blockchain to verify the value of the wallet, and then send a transaction using the private key which is often protected by another layer of cryptography in order to keep the wallet secure.

The wallet need only be comprised of the public key and private key.
    So the wallet contains what is essentially the equivalent of a "login credential". It does not contain "your" bitcoins, does it? So I'm right back to how the bitcoin asset is not in your possession, just like how stocks are not in your possession, and you are only a holder of the asset, not the owner. By holder, I mean having an equitable interest in the asset but not ownership. It really is much more similar to stock markets and a share of a tech stock than unlike it. In fact, the overall legal model that it's running under is exactly the same as stocks and pretty much everything else, where you have a legal interest in the asset, tied to a nominal dollar value, but not legal ownership. Same as a registered car, registered real estate, registered business. The one major difference I do see is that bitcoin isn't really owned by anyone or any particular legal entity, as it is a completely distributed model, while the car, property, etc is actually owned by governments. Bitcoin is, instead, an ethereal global widget masquerading as an asset, owned by a global legal trust. Just the fact that it's a global widget shows that it's a globalist banker invention.
    Last edited by devil21; 12-04-2020 at 02:26 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

But now you can't talk to people because of "social distancing"....brought to you by shills and politicians.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So the wallet contains what is essentially the equivalent of a "login credential". It does not contain "your" bitcoins, does it? So I'm right back to how the bitcoin asset is not in your possession, just like how stocks are not in your possession, and you are only a holder of the asset, not the owner. By holder, I mean having an equitable interest in the asset but not ownership. It really is much more similar to stock markets and a share of a tech stock than unlike it. In fact, the overall legal model that it's running under is exactly the same as stocks and pretty much everything else, where you have a legal interest in the asset, tied to a nominal dollar value, but not legal ownership. Same as a registered car, registered real estate, registered business. The one major difference I do see is that bitcoin isn't really owned by anyone or any particular legal entity, as it is a completely distributed model, while the car, property, etc is actually owned by governments. Bitcoin is, instead, an ethereal global widget masquerading as an asset, owned by a global legal trust. Just the fact that it's a global widget shows that it's a globalist banker invention.
    You just don't know how it works. If the wallet contained the bitcoins then you could make a copy then transfer them to two different people. The bitcoin are on the blockchain, and you have a complex cryptographic key to access and transfer them to somebody else on the blockchain. That prevents the double spending problem that can occur with other digital assets.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

You just don't know how it works. If the wallet contained the bitcoins then you could make a copy then transfer them to two different people. The bitcoin are on the blockchain, and you have a complex cryptographic key to access and transfer them to somebody else on the blockchain. That prevents the double spending problem that can occur with other digital assets.
    So the answer is that no, you don't have possession of any bitcoins in your remote wallet. You don't seem to want to answer the most basic of yes/no questions like that.

You have in your remote wallet what is essentially an encrypted login credential that gives you access to "your" bitcoins. The bitcoins remain in the ether, not your possession, just like digital stocks. You have an encrypted login credential that verifies that you have legal holder status but that's it.

You're making the concept much more complicated and difficult to understand than it needs to be. Bankers love that kind of thing. Making simple concepts sound too complicated to understand. Bitcoin and altcoins is a stock market for millenials and GenZ who think they're not playing in the banker's sandbox but still are.
    Last edited by devil21; 12-06-2020 at 01:19 AM.

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

But now you can't talk to people because of "social distancing"....brought to you by shills and politicians.

So the answer is that no, you don't have possession of any bitcoins in your remote wallet. You don't seem to want to answer the most basic of yes/no questions like that.

You have in your remote wallet what is essentially an encrypted login credential that gives you access to "your" bitcoins. The bitcoins remain in the ether, not your possession, just like digital stocks. You have an encrypted login credential that verifies that you have legal holder status but that's it.
    Who owns anything, really? (Doesn't everything all ultimately belong to God anyway?)

The greatest thing about Bitcoin is that it gets people looking at fiat and presents a living example in economics.

You're making the concept much more complicated and difficult to understand than it needs to be. Bankers love that kind of thing. Making simple concepts sound too complicated to understand. Bitcoin and altcoins is a stock market for millenials and GenZ who think they're not playing in the banker's sandbox but still are.
    Sometimes even simple things are complicated. (Everyone eats, yet who can describe their own metabolization process from start to finish; let alone all the circumstances that bring that food to your lips in the first place!)

You're right, though: Cryptocurrency is currently being treated as a stock or commodity, rather than it's intentional use as a currency. (This will eventually change as more businesses start accepting it.)

new ATH

probably on its way to 100k with institutional FOMO.

we will see.

There are pro's and cons to this system, although you seem to be highly exaggerating the "con" if it really is one.

If somebody steals my offline bitcoin wallet, or if I accidentally drop it into the ocean, nobody can steal my bitcoins and I still have access them and can spend them.

There is also no centralized control of the network. Bankers are not a fan.

There are pro's and cons to this system, although you seem to be highly exaggerating the "con" if it really is one.
    The con is that it's yet another imaginary money mindscrew from the same old suspects that have perfected the imaginary money mindscrew over many years. You think it's coincidence that Heir Schwab of the WEF says that by 2030 we "will own nothing", right after yet another "nothing" money substitute was unveiled to the masses and then the CBDC injected into the narrative soon after that? Come on, man. I know you're not that dense.

If somebody steals my offline bitcoin wallet, or if I accidentally drop it into the ocean, nobody can steal my bitcoins and I still have access them and can spend them.
    Uh really? If you don't have the authentication keys that were stored on the wallet you can't have access, right? You can't have it both ways, saying that it's secure but then say that losing the keys still allows you access. I recall the story about the hard drive with a key to 7500 bitcoins that was thrown away. Does that person still have access to those bitcoins?

There is also no centralized control of the network. Bankers are not a fan.
    Yeah, because bankers can't just create dollars and buy it all up to control it Besides, everyone knows there are a handful of unknown "whales" that move the bitcoin price in collusion. How exactly do you know that these few whales are not the bankers themselves?

The con is that it's yet another imaginary money mindscrew from the same old suspects that have perfected the imaginary money mindscrew over many years. You think it's coincidence that Heir Schwab of the WEF says that by 2030 we "will own nothing", right after yet another "nothing" money substitute was unveiled to the masses and then the CBDC injected into the narrative soon after that? Come on, man. I know you're not that dense.

Uh really? If you don't have the authentication keys that were stored on the wallet you can't have access, right? You can't have it both ways, saying that it's secure but then say that losing the keys still allows you access. I recall the story about the hard drive with a key to 7500 bitcoins that was thrown away. Does that person still have access to those bitcoins?

Yeah, because bankers can't just create dollars and buy it all up to control it Besides, everyone knows there are a handful of unknown "whales" that move the bitcoin price in collusion. How exactly do you know that these few whales are not the bankers themselves?
    you are such a normy.

its because of you normies that the smart money gets richer and the poor stay poor.

you are hopeless. We already explained. You are an intellectual fraud.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I recall the story about the hard drive with a key to 7500 bitcoins that was thrown away. Does that person still have access to those bitcoins?
    The private key doesn't need to be stored on a hard drive or digital device and the private key should only be stored cryptographically on any digital devices.

$22k

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    you are such a normy.

its because of you normies that the smart money gets richer and the poor stay poor.

you are hopeless. We already explained. You are an intellectual fraud.
    You didn't answer any of the questions, as usual. Just deflection and personal attacks. It's the newest ponzi scheme from the same old ponzi schemers as always.

Yes, we did already establish that you love the bitcoin ponzi scheme returns since Dollar conversion rates buy you a really nice lifestyle in your poor Baltic home country.

The private key doesn't need to be stored on a hard drive or digital device and the private key should only be stored cryptographically on any digital devices.
    Is there some reason you can't actually answer any of my questions directly? Your reply doesn't even make sense as a reply to my question.

Btw, seems to me that the recent rise in bitcoin price actually is the usual suspects buying it up so they can control it. Great for you if you can get out with a big profit but when Paypal and the like are piling in, that's when you know it actually is being controlled by the bankers. So much for all the hype about it being a decentralized system outside of the mainstream banking control structure. Now you same folks applaud that the same control structure is getting directly involved in it because it may mean more dollars to you
    Last edited by devil21; 12-17-2020 at 08:58 AM.

You didn't answer any of the questions, as usual. Just deflection and personal attacks. It's the newest ponzi scheme from the same old ponzi schemers as always.

Yes, we did already establish that you love the bitcoin ponzi scheme returns since Dollar conversion rates buy you a really nice lifestyle in your poor Baltic home country.
    What would be your ideal money?

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    What would be your ideal money?
    Anything backed by something real, tangible and valuable. We haven't had that since the usual british banker suspects got their hooks into the country via the Federal Reserve Act in 1913. Everything else is ponzi fraud crap and more of the same, but with even tighter controls by a handful of people and further separation from what is real. Tired of the mindscrew financial games...

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    @ 23k right now.
    That's because the people that print the currency and control most of the currency are now buying it up, like I said in an above post. They'll eventually completely control all of it again, just like everything else. Meet new boss, same as old boss. They're passing off their current fiat digital currency onto bagholders before it is majorly devalued. Since they're also the same people that work in concert with the central banks, if/when they're directed to crash bitcoin in favor of the FedCoin, they'll do it. Guess what happens then? Dollars are worthless, bitcoin worthless, all that's left is imaginary FedCoin...."you'll own nothing".

CBDC -- Centralized Banking Digital Currencies? -- seem similar to E-Coin. (Mr. Robot is an excellent series, which I recommend everyone should watch!)

Something "real and tangible" can still be seized, arguably easier than digital cryptocurrencies! (Quantum computing trivializing encryption is the biggest threat.)

Cryptocurrencies' value come from scarcity and security. (Though, not all of them are deflationary or limited in supply.)

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anything backed by something real, tangible and valuable. We haven't had that since the usual british banker suspects got their hooks into the country via the Federal Reserve Act in 1913. Everything else is ponzi fraud crap and more of the same, but with even tighter controls by a handful of people and further separation from what is real. Tired of the mindscrew financial games...
    Does being backed by the choice of the people qualify?

What if the people chose a money that became more valuable as the banks debased their slave money?

Despite its issues, it’s hard to believe that someone on these forums would have a problem with individuals and businesses Voluntarily choosing a money that protects their purchasing power from the central banks.

Dr. Paul himself has repeated many times that money is whatever the people choose it to be and select by using it, it doesn’t just have to be one thing either, there could be many competing monies and that would be a benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Proph View Post
    CBDC -- Centralized Banking Digital Currencies? -- seem similar to E-Coin. (Mr. Robot is an excellent series, which I recommend everyone should watch!)

Something "real and tangible" can still be seized, arguably easier than digital cryptocurrencies! (Quantum computing trivializing encryption is the biggest threat.)
    Sure, real and tangible can still be seized but that requires actually sending people to do it, at risk of harm or violation of natural law. Direct liabilities.

POOF goes the crypto, however. No risk, no recourse.

Cryptocurrencies' value come from scarcity and security. (Though, not all of them are deflationary or limited in supply.)
    If by scarce, you mean it literally doesn't exist except in your mind, then yes, very scarce. As scarce as something can possibly be, in fact!

Does being backed by the choice of the people qualify?
    Show me where an informed choice is offered instead of the usual crisis-reaction-solution insertion technique.

What if the people chose a money that became more valuable as the banks debased their slave money?

Despite its issues, it’s hard to believe that someone on these forums would have a problem with individuals and businesses Voluntarily choosing a money that protects their purchasing power from the central banks.
    No one is arguing that you shouldn't have a choice in whether you switch Fake Money Substitute A for Fake Money Substitute B. Do whatever you want. But don't try to gaslight me into thinking it's some kind of improvement and isn't another creation of the old boss trying to maintain control as the new boss.

Dr. Paul himself has repeated many times that money is whatever the people choose it to be and select by using it, it doesn’t just have to be one thing either, there could be many competing monies and that would be a benefit.
    If there were real choices being offered, I'd agree completely. It's hard to claim that real choices are offered when other choices are systematically suppressed, however.
    Last edited by devil21; 12-17-2020 at 10:57 AM.

Sure, real and tangible can still be seized but that requires actually sending people to do it, at risk of harm or violation of natural law. Direct liabilities.
    True; but if it's governments doing the seizing, your odds of survival plummet. (Are you ready to kill someone over stuff, just like them? Evidently so!)

POOF goes the crypto, however. No risk, no recourse.
    Cryptocurrency won't disappear unless an internet kill-switch is flipped, but even then, those funds still remain until accessed and transferred. (EMP's are a threat, too.)

If by scarce, you mean it literally doesn't exist except in your mind, then yes, very scarce. As scarce as something can possibly be, in fact!
    You're just being disingenuous here: Ideas are quite plentiful [and digital representations can be represented graphically on devices]! (The idea behind blockchains is to make sure that all of the servers -- where ledgers are stored -- are on the same page; anyone who tries to throw their own fantastical ledgers onto the chain are rejected, save a new currency or 51% attack.)

Show me where an informed choice is offered instead of the usual crisis-reaction-solution insertion technique.
    Well, the information is in the opensource code. (David Icke fan!)

No one is arguing that you shouldn't have a choice in whether you switch Fake Money Substitute A for Fake Money Substitute B. Do whatever you want. But don't try to gaslight me into thinking it's some kind of improvement and isn't another creation of the old boss trying to maintain control as the new boss.

If there were real choices being offered, I'd agree completely. It's hard to claim that real choices are offered when other choices are systematically suppressed, however.
    Crypto is more sound than the dollar. (Will it suddenly become a "real choice" if -- when? -- governments begin banning it?)

Either way, crypto is forcing people to examine the right ideas:

Why are we using money that steals from the user?

What is money?

Is money creation by governments/central banks counterfeiting?

Are governments so corrupt they would ban competing monies and why would they do so?

Do I own my income?

Do I own myself?

It’s forcing an emperor wears no cloths scenario imho.
    Last edited by The Northbreather; 12-17-2020 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21
    "you'll own nothing"
    Yea but will I be happy too?

listen to Saylor and how he convinced his company, board, auditors etc to invest his cash reserves in Bitcoin

that's when you know it actually is being controlled by the bankers. So much for all the hype about it being a decentralized system outside of the mainstream banking control structure. Now you same folks applaud that the same control structure is getting directly involved in it because it may mean more dollars to you
    Bitcoin is indeed more in control by the private banks, hedge funds, large money than ever before. Sure early adopters have enjoyed the ride, and I believe the ride will continue, but the big money folks are the ones really going to profit.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    Bitcoin is indeed more in control by the private banks, hedge funds, large money than ever before. Sure early adopters have enjoyed the ride, and I believe the ride will continue, but the big money folks are the ones really going to profit.
    If the big money folks suddenly adopt gold along with early adopters I wouldn’t have a problem so why is it a problem with crypto?

As long as is can’t be counterfeited by banks and governments I call that a win..

$27,432

“Bitcoin is a swarm of cyber hornets serving the goddess of wisdom, feeding on the fire of truth, exponentially growing ever smarter, faster, and stronger behind a wall of encrypted energy,”

Michael Saylor, CEO of MicroStrategy, MSTR (NASDAQ).
    Its already happening and Saylor destroyed gold on all his interviews.

He says Bitcoin is 10 times better.

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast