Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin Cracks $5000

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    nice dip. no emotions. I am a veteran. Buying the dips.
    Try transacting in crypto to understand the power. Gov shills on this site doing their propaganda work.

Last time I bought something with bitcoin (merchant using bitpay) it took hours for it to go through and confirm. Hardly ideal for an online shopping experience where both merchant and customer are used to an immediate approval/denial.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Last time I bought something with bitcoin (merchant using bitpay) it took hours for it to go through and confirm. Hardly ideal for an online shopping experience where both merchant and customer are used to an immediate approval/denial.
    Ya this issue has been hashed out and there are many solutions.

Bitcoin is more secure than lightcoin, but lightcoin is faster. You could have your savings in bitcoin and your "checking" or spending money in lightcoin. I'm not saying that is how it has to be, or it has to be lightcoin, just giving an example, that has been around for 6 years.....

Secondarily, the btc devs are currently working on something called "lightning pay" which is supposed to help resolve this problem.

Every time I've used bitpay or done bitcoin transactions they have gone through smoothly and relatively quickly, but I do know that it is a problem from time to time.
    Last edited by dannno; 12-01-2017 at 10:53 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    He might think you're from Russia.
    lol

which has no relevance to the Bitcoin discussion.

He might think you're from Russia.
    Asian in general, yes, not necessarily Russian. So much of the bitcoin market has been from Korea and Japan lately. Obviously Mordan isn't going to come clean (and his resistance means I wouldn't believe his answer now any way) but when obvious foreigners are trying to recruit American's money into an investment vehicle it looks like another big wealth transfer. A wealth transfer that if it turns out to be fraudulent would be without recourse.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Ya this issue has been hashed out and there are many solutions.

Bitcoin is more secure than lightcoin, but lightcoin is faster. You could have your savings in bitcoin and your "checking" or spending money in lightcoin. I'm not saying that is how it has to be, or it has to be lightcoin, just giving an example, that has been around for 6 years.....

Secondarily, the btc devs are currently working on something called "lightning pay" which is supposed to help resolve this problem.

Every time I've used bitpay or done bitcoin transactions they have gone through smoothly and relatively quickly, but I do know that it is a problem from time to time.
    Lightning Network will be faster than LTC (effectively instant), denominated in BTC natively, and will have on-chain-equivalent security (in case of attempted fraud, you just close the payment channel and take your BTC back). It is already enabled on the blockchain (SegWit enabled it) but the LN client and peer-to-peer infrastructure is still in development. LN will enable Bitcoin's effective throughput to scale to at least hundreds, maybe thousands of times its current throughput level and it will cut transaction costs accordingly - tx's will be virtually costless.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Lightning Network will be faster than LTC (effectively instant), denominated in BTC natively, and will have on-chain-equivalent security (in case of attempted fraud, you just close the payment channel and take your BTC back). It is already enabled on the blockchain (SegWit enabled it) but the LN client and peer-to-peer infrastructure is still in development. LN will enable Bitcoin's effective throughput to scale to at least hundreds, maybe thousands of times its current throughput level and it will cut transaction costs accordingly - tx's will be virtually costless.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You can count on it J Law... muah

“…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

It is hard to tell if this is a bubble or not.

Briefly went over 12,000 this morning.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $12,475.90.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Asian in general, yes, not necessarily Russian. So much of the bitcoin market has been from Korea and Japan lately. Obviously Mordan isn't going to come clean (and his resistance means I wouldn't believe his answer now any way) but when obvious foreigners are trying to recruit American's money into an investment vehicle it looks like another big wealth transfer. A wealth transfer that if it turns out to be fraudulent would be without recourse.
    look at my post history dummy. I am following Ron Paul since the very beginning. And I posted about Bitcoin here in 2013 and nobody cared.

And yes. Crypto is a big wealth transfer. maybe you should hedge your bets heh ?

#crashing
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

#crashing
    TheTexan. you keeping joking around. What's your official stance on crypto?

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    look at my post history dummy. I am following Ron Paul since the very beginning. And I posted about Bitcoin here in 2013 and nobody cared.
    Still avoiding the original question though. Interesting.

And yes. Crypto is a big wealth transfer. maybe you should hedge your bets heh ?
    LOL. Sure, I'll jump on the bandwagon, liquidate real assets and give the proceeds to some foreigner instead in exchange for claims to some electrons in computers distributed all over the world. And I'll do it during the largest geopolitical and economic changes in history. Sounds like a great financial plan...
    Last edited by devil21; 12-06-2017 at 12:36 PM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $13,416
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

$13,416
    Up $450 in about 30 minutes? Sounds legit.

lol i can already see your brain explode when Bitcoin reaches 20k in a few weeks.

LOL. Sure, I'll jump on the bandwagon, liquidate real assets and give the proceeds to some foreigner instead in exchange for claims to some electrons in computers distributed all over the world. And I'll do it during the largest geopolitical and economic changes in history. Sounds like a great financial plan...
    OMG. You are officially insane. just hedge with 1% of your net worth

Making up for wild undervaluation.

Allocating 1% of one's holdings into bitcoin or crypto in general is a very rational thing to do. These are new asset classes and will be the biggest winners in 2018, for starters.

If it makes you feel any better liquidate 1% of your real assets for FRNs and trade those FRNs for Bitcoin.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast