Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin Cracks $5000

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Sensitive are we, since I clearly never even inferred anything like that.

Maybe you were too young to remember when the irrational part of the dot com bubble burst. The days when everyone and their brother was buying domain names thinking they would be worth a fortune. Domains were over valued but that did not last long and the flow of money to ridiculous business plans stopped, the bubble burst. Many lost money on their investment, lost jobs and companies closed.
    No, I'm not too young to remember the dotcom bubble..

My point is bitcoin has gone through this several times before, this isn't some indication that bitcoin is going to burst and go away, it's just natural volatility as the price rises.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $15,770

On the rise.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    No, I'm not too young to remember the dotcom bubble..

My point is bitcoin has gone through this several times before, this isn't some indication that bitcoin is going to burst and go away, it's just natural volatility as the price rises.
    Domaining and the internet did not go away when the irrational period ended, neither will Bitcoin. Just saying the period is reminiscent of that. Is this the irrational period of Bitcoin and it will level out with a more realistic value, it almost seems like it but neither one of us really knows.

$16,855
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $16,855
    Y'all know about the bitfinex Tether scam, right?

eta: Soooo....when does this thread switch to reporting 'bitcoin futures' instead of bitcoin? CNBC already reports the futures figures instead of the exchange figures.
    Last edited by devil21; 12-11-2017 at 04:11 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Y'all know about the bitfinex Tether scam, right?
    people holding tether will be rekted...

Bitcoin unaffected. If any, price of bitcoin will increase even more. Tether holders selling at any cost for the most liquid crypto.

Bitcoin shines compared to bad money.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    You won't need to put "corrections" in quotes after the next couple of days. We'll see how long that consensus lasts.

Here is a prediction for all the people who have chased Bitcoin up.
    Got the $4k pullback right but was definitely wrong overall. Odds heavily favored it being a top. It is trading super strong. Probably a push to a new highs. This thing hasn't had any aggressive selling in a year. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    people holding tether will be rekted...

Bitcoin unaffected. If any, price of bitcoin will increase even more. Tether holders selling at any cost for the most liquid crypto.

Bitcoin shines compared to bad money.
    No, I meant how Tether is being created then directly used to bid up bitcoin, giving the false appearance of dollar investment into bitcoin.

Here's one write-up. It's catching on elsewhere that there's fraud going on in these markets to get people to buy in with real dollars/currency, chasing after a rising market flooded with "fake" currency and spoof bids.

https://medium.com/@bitfinexed/are-f...x-5de9dd80f330

If they are in fact wash trading and buying from their own sell orders with money borrowed from their own fraudulent offers backed by fake Tethers, there’s no problem. They can manipulate the price upwards and they all know the money is fake.

But the money they make from selling Bitcoins on other exchanges, and to sucker OTC buyers, isn’t fake.

Now, let’s look at the chart for the period during the creation of $80 Million in Tethers.

{chart}
    Capitulation, and then suddenly… BOOM!

A $1,000 rally in five days… just days after a bunch of new Tethers were issued, is nothing short of amazing coincidence.
    Another, more recent commentary:
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/413...bitcoin-tether

This is probably how stock markets really operate, too. Valueless Fedbux bidding up stocks to sucker in earned dollars. That also fits with the likelihood the bitcoin mania is a banker ploy to introduce crypto/blockchain to the sheep. It's the same playbook. I digress...
    eta: "dark money" runs markets - http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...ney-runs-world
    -----------------

Also interesting how bitcoin stopped the parabolic rise as soon as the CBOE futures market started. It's been sideways all week. Y u no want bitcoin so bad now? Looks like the upward manipulation stopped as soon as a regulated futures market sprung up. Wish I had cash to short the $#@! out of the futures markets. When this Tether info goes MSM mainstream, bitcoin will drop like a stone and everyone that runs for the exits will quickly find the exchanges "having technical difficulties" and never be able to cash out. The cash-out money isn't there and the market was fake.
    Last edited by devil21; 12-16-2017 at 09:29 PM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

#crashing #up
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $19,189

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    #crashing #up
    Need aeronautical .gif please

I wonder if bitcoin can contain itself and stay under $20k before 2018?
    The force is strong with dannno..

Last edited by anaconda; 12-16-2017 at 09:41 PM.

So, if BTC goes up twenty fold for 2017, how many fold would be reasonable to expect for 2018?

I digress, but why couldn't the market price BTC at $19,000 3 weeks ago when it was $8,000? What continually new and apparently unexpected information is forever failing to be recognized by the speculators? Or is the market highly irrational? Perhaps terribly inefficient in some way?

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    I digress, but why couldn't the market price BTC at $19,000 3 weeks ago when it was $8,000? What continually new and apparently unexpected information is forever failing to be recognized by the speculators? Or is the market highly irrational? Perhaps terribly inefficient in some way?
    The early BTC investors now driving lambos didnt account for how much hookers & coke they would need
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    The early BTC investors now driving lambos didnt account for how much hookers & coke they would need
    Wouldn't that create a selloff and downward pressure on the price?

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wouldn't that create a selloff and downward pressure on the price?
    They need the BTC to be worth more so they are hodling

Until lambos on moon
    - Kim Kardashian

Ok bitcoin gurus, Karlybee asked me what is the best way to "cash" out bitcoin and I had to say I really don't know. Someone here must have the best way to do it. Please educate us...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Ok bitcoin gurus, Karlybee asked me what is the best way to "cash" out bitcoin and I had to say I really don't know. Someone here must have the best way to do it. Please educate us...
    Do you want cash in hand or something else of value? You can convert to gold and silver if you're a metals person. You can convert to gift cards with gyft.

You can convert right to a bank account with coinbase.

Do you live near any BTC Atms? https://coinatmradar.com/

LocalBitcoins may offer higher cash prices however there may be downsides if the state or feds believe you're violating something.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Or it's just a fraud. Gambling is exciting, isn't it?

OMG. @Carlybee please keep us updated on how it goes!
    Last edited by devil21; 12-17-2017 at 06:49 PM.

A lot of people just puked their positions out. Price probably rebounds at least $800. But people have a good reason to start thinking about selling. All the people waiting for 20k fell just short and will start exiting. Price took out yesterdays lows after the third push up. Prices are super overextended from key moving averages. A lot is set up from this to at least be a down week and a trek down to 16k, If price closes strong today and has an up day tomorrow, I give up.

My advice would be to take some profits and cash out a small portion, maybe by buying some gold or silver, and hodl.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    Do you want cash in hand or something else of value? You can convert to gold and silver if you're a metals person. You can convert to gift cards with gyft.

You can convert right to a bank account with coinbase.

Do you live near any BTC Atms? https://coinatmradar.com/

LocalBitcoins may offer higher cash prices however there may be downsides if the state or feds believe you're violating something.
    I don’t have much at all. It asks for an address to redeem it to. I don’t know what that means.

Any guesses on when Crypto currency market caps, according to coinmarketcap.com, hits 1 trillion? 630 billion and climbing fast...
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast