Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin Cracks $5000

Quote Originally Posted by kfarnan View Post
    what?
    I think devil21 is asking if BTC holders think this might be good time to sell..

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where is the best place to buy BTC? I don't have a wallet or anything setup, but I've been trying to edumacate misself and would like to start investing. I thing BTC is going to go way up.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Where is the best place to buy BTC? I don't have a wallet or anything setup, but I've been trying to edumacate misself and would like to start investing. I thing BTC is going to go way up.
    The easiest way is coinbase, with a bank account. If you want to meetup with somebody and buy it with cash, you can use localbitcoins.com
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The easiest way is coinbase, with a bank account. If you want to meetup with somebody and buy it with cash, you can use localbitcoins.com
    Thanks. Just bought my first BTC. Coinbase makes it VERY easy to transact. People may call me crazy buying at these levels, but I don't think so. I think in 5 years, BTC will be ridiculously higher.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

What are peoples thoughts on Litecoin? Ethereum?

- Diogenes of Sinope

BTC $6623 !

- Diogenes of Sinope

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kfarnan View Post
    what?
    I figured my question was pretty straight forward. Is anyone cashing out their bitcoins back into FRN without hassle from exchanges or banks? Say, like selling 2 bitcoins for $6500 each ($13k total) and depositing that back into a bank account for use?

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    I think devil21 is asking if BTC holders think this might be good time to sell..
    More wondering if the exchanges and banks are cooperating with reverting bitcoin profits back into FRN through the banking system. I mean, sure it'll be great when/if bitcoin is $25k or whatever but does it matter, if the exchange won't cash them back out or a bank won't accept the wire.

Fwiw, I read something about the Feds charging some guy with unlicensed money services for messing with localbitcoins.com. Could just be a fear tactic but I wish you guys luck with the bitcoin stuff. Coinbase has a federal prosecutor on the Board of Directors now. I see A LOT of red flags these days.
    Last edited by devil21; 11-01-2017 at 04:39 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I figured my question was pretty straight forward. Is anyone cashing out their bitcoins back into FRN without hassle from exchanges or banks? Say, like selling 2 bitcoins for $6500 each ($13k total) and depositing that back into a bank account for use?
    I would probably buy gold instead, then sell that for FRNs when the time comes if need be.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Thanks. Just bought my first BTC. Coinbase makes it VERY easy to transact. People may call me crazy buying at these levels, but I don't think so. I think in 5 years, BTC will be ridiculously higher.
    Welcome to the crypto revolution!
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

More wondering if the exchanges and banks are cooperating with reverting bitcoin profits back into FRN through the banking system. I mean, sure it'll be great when/if bitcoin is $25k or whatever but does it matter, if the exchange won't cash them back out or a bank won't accept the wire.

Fwiw, I read something about the Feds charging some guy with unlicensed money services for messing with localbitcoins.com. Could just be a fear tactic but I wish you guys luck with the bitcoin stuff. Coinbase has a federal prosecutor on the Board of Directors now. I see A LOT of red flags these days.
    I sold some like a dumbass earlier this year, if I held would be worth like $100K+ more than I am now. Sold on coinbase, transferred to my bank. No one has said a word bank or "gdax" (coinbases exchange side). I still have bitcoins, I didn't sell it all.

It seems some banks have a problem with it, others don't. My bank is small, and if they have a problem with it, I'll just move to a different bank the next day.
    It's legal to buy and sell bitcoins. I don't do drugs, or hire hitmen. I'm a model citizen as far as law abiding goes, despite my views that government is 95% not needed.

Having said all that, I sold enough to cover all my "real" world fiat costs associated with bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general since 2013 when I started. Only in bitcoin land does one feel ashamed selling for multiple 100's of percent gains. lol.

I would probably buy gold instead, then sell that for FRNs when the time comes if need be.
    If I were in y'alls position that is generally what I would do also. Not involving FRN in any form at least complicates things for the Feds, jurisdictionally, in case they get froggy on you.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

If I were in y'alls position that is generally what I would do also. Not involving FRN in any form at least complicates things for the Feds, jurisdictionally, in case they get froggy on you.
    I actually pay my capital gains tax on bitcoin, I'm not hiding. One could if so inclined, jump some hoops and remain anon. But I just don't want to deal with it. 15% capital gains, hurt writing tax checks worth more than I spend on myself for a full year. But I can prove to any goobermint agent paid my slave tax to support welfare mommas and military men.

welcome to anyone on the BTC train. CME news is huge!! It is like an official stamp of trustworthyness by the very players Bitcoin are disrupting.

The best strategy is to never sell and buy dips. Buy Buy more and spend your bitcoins directly. I am hodling my 2013 bitcoins and spending my BCH for small purchases.

I KNOW BTC will be 50k in a few years. Read my history on this forum in 2013. I asked everyone to buy Bitcoin.

Come back on this post in 3 years.

What are peoples thoughts on Litecoin? Ethereum?
    I am 95% in Bitcoin. Some BTS (Bitshares), 4% Monero. Simply because it is the best private coin but privacy has a big cost.

I don't believe in other alts. Try synching ethereum blockchain before buying... Sync the bitcoin blockchain and you will understand.

By holding Bitcoin you hold all the free coins you get from forks.. Avoid coinbase. You don't control the private keys.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    so if I had .8 of a coin when it split for bth did i get .8 for free? where is it, how do i control it?
    we are on coinbase, should i get a new wallet and move it there? how do i do that?

...i have a friend that wants to know...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    so if I had .8 of a coin when it split for bth did i get .8 for free? where is it, how do i control it?
    we are on coinbase, should i get a new wallet and move it there? how do i do that?

...i have a friend that wants to know...
    Coinbase will add the bitcoin cash Jan 2018. So you'd have .8 of BCH then
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    welcome to anyone on the BTC train. CME news is huge!! It is like an official stamp of trustworthyness by the very players Bitcoin are disrupting.

The best strategy is to never sell and buy dips. Buy Buy more and spend your bitcoins directly. I am hodling my 2013 bitcoins and spending my BCH for small purchases.

I KNOW BTC will be 50k in a few years. Read my history on this forum in 2013. I asked everyone to buy Bitcoin.

Come back on this post in 3 years.
    At some point, if your goal truly is to hold forever, you have to stop denoting bitcoins in a dollar value and let the bitcoin number stand on its own as a measure of currency/wealth. If a bitcoin truly has a market value of $50k then the dollar is complete trash, same as if an ounce of gold is openly $50k. It then wouldn't be a measure against dollars, it would be a measure of bitcoins.
    Last edited by devil21; 11-02-2017 at 01:00 AM.

$6962
    Last edited by anaconda; 11-02-2017 at 01:06 AM.

$7008
    Last edited by anaconda; 11-02-2017 at 04:16 AM.

At some point, if your goal truly is to hold forever, you have to stop denoting bitcoins in a dollar value and let the bitcoin number stand on its own as a measure of currency/wealth. If a bitcoin truly has a market value of $50k then the dollar is complete trash, same as if an ounce of gold is openly $50k. It then wouldn't be a measure against dollars, it would be a measure of bitcoins.
    In a USD currency crisis things won't be measurable in USD. People may compare to gold, silver, Exxon stock, or some generally accepted basket of goods. USD won't be accepted as a medium of exchange. The currency crisis is not here yet, so BTC is not gaining because the dollar is trash. This may come later (will come, according to Peter Schiff and Ron Paul). BTC is (obviously) currently gaining at a much greater rate than the inflation of the USD.
    Last edited by anaconda; 11-02-2017 at 05:00 AM.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $7303
    Last edited by anaconda; 11-02-2017 at 05:14 AM.

$7303
    Wow

And there's the dip folks. Dropped over $600 in 30 minutes

- Diogenes of Sinope

it is an on going process. it does not happen overnight.

I value alt coins in Bitcoin as I feel it is a better measurement to gauge if an altcoin is performing relative to the crypto reserve currency.

XRPs are around 2700 satoshis. XMR (Monero) is around 12 mBTC. I bought some Monero at 31 mBTC, 20 mBTC and 16 mBTC. so my monero investement is not performing.

Doge is 17 satoshis.

You can't use BTC for real life objects just yet. Give it time. Price discovery is still on going.

In a USD currency crisis things won't be measurable in USD. People may compare to gold, silver, Exxon stock, or some generally accepted basket of goods. USD won't be accepted as a medium of exchange. The currency crisis is not here yet, so BTC is not gaining because the dollar is trash. This may come later (will come, according to Peter Schiff and Ron Paul). BTC is (obviously) currently gaining at a much greater rate than the inflation of the USD.
    sorry folks but I sold all my gold or silver... I am all in crypto currencies. I wouldn't want to touch physical stuff. When i look in the rear mirror.. iam like wtf.. a metal bar you can't divide into millions of tiny pieces.. just not convenient unless armageddon.. but i bet that we won't have armageddon.

I don't know a single millenial who wants to buy gold. And i know a gold bug who went all in Crypto as well.. so my bet is going to pay off.
    Last edited by Mordan; 11-02-2017 at 02:05 PM.

$7100

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    it is an on going process. it does not happen overnight.
    Doge is 17 satoshis.
    I don't see Doge doing anything but going down or hovering at a few satoshi. It has 111 billion coins and no real roadmap to give value. Although it did jump to 100 Satoshi this summer so it could climb like that for a near 10x growth again I wouldn't expect it to.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast