Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irma

Cat 3. 125mph

Been there done that.

Reliving memories.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gotta love all of this media coverage where they spend all day telling us where the storm will be 3 days from now, only to change it later, and tell us just as authoritatively about the new forecast. These "models" they use are crap. Give a monkey a crayon and let them draw, it could be just as accurate. Seems that the first model from several days ago had it missing Florida on the east coast and hitting the Carolinas.

These are some of the same people who tell us about man-made climate change. They have "models".
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Gotta love all of this media coverage where they spend all day telling us where the storm will be 3 days from now, only to change it later, and tell us just as authoritatively about the new forecast. These "models" they use are crap. Give a monkey a crayon and let them draw, it could be just as accurate. Seems that the first model from several days ago had it missing Florida on the east coast and hitting the Carolinas.

These are some of the same people who tell us about man-made climate change. They have "models".
    The only 100% forecast I know of is from my "weather rock." Lol.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

So I guess the Donald has to donate another million, right? Otherwise, Florida will get jealous.

Of course, with his track record, he may just dump Texas and give the ring to the prettier state.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Wind speed dropped considerably, but so did its speed over ground: going to linger more (more rain as well).

4 cam composite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYW-xr-fpZ0

------

It has finally 'lifted' off the Cuban coast moving ever so slightly North.. not much..
    still seeing a LOT of sweeping Westerly wind currents on the Ventusky computer model
    but
    it depends on what altitude you look at.
    Try switching the above link (which is at 1500 meters) to max. 12,000 meters (3.5 mi.)... different story.

It would be funny if it just continued west and all the preparation was in vain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    It would be funny if it just continued west and all the preparation was in vain.
    and they call it science

Predictions are mostly wrong,, most of the time.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

20 min ago..
    Cuba: Irma pounds Havana as fierce hurricane conquers landmark seawall

Last edited by goldenequity; 09-09-2017 at 07:49 PM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Those in the path you may want to download the Zello PTT Walkie Talkie app. If your cell service goes down you can still communicate with others who have it. It's what rescuers used here in Houston during the flooding.

If you need to be rescued or want to volunteer to help dispatch http://southeastnavy.com/
    Last edited by Carlybee; 09-09-2017 at 09:18 PM.

Was it just yesterday they were saying on TV it would still be a Cat 2 going through Georgia? Looks like they have changed that prediction.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

It's now launched off Cuban coast and headed North.
    very s-l-o-w-l-y... like 6-7mph
    and that's not good.

https://radar.weather.gov/ridge/rada...01111&loop=yes

70 miles till it hits Florida mainland and moving at 6 mph that's Still 10-11 hours away for the eye.
    Has restrengthened back to a Cat 4. The eye now has one very intense eyewall and pressure continues to drop.
    130 MPH and gusts up to 160 MPH

https://poweroutage.us/Area/State/Florida

Sustained hurricane-force winds to reach Keys in 1-2 hrs.

Last edited by goldenequity; 09-10-2017 at 01:20 AM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    All of these maps demonstrate that even with the best weather scientists in the world, with all of the super-computing resources for modelling and tracking these hurricanes, they still can't get it right. Push pins on a map that says "the hurricane is here" and "the hurricane was here" would be just as useful.

Eye at Key West atm...

https://weather.us/satellite/818-w-2...1min.html#play

Jacksonville cam - Ruptly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qbo7iClLLM

4 cam live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EFh4p9gr9I

Storm Surge

10am IRMA NHC update Cat 4 130 MPH Pressure 929 NNW at 8MPH

Fox news just said all the water has been sucked out of Florida Bay, (Gulf side of Key Largo).
    Last edited by goldenequity; 09-10-2017 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    and they call it science

Predictions are mostly wrong,, most of the time.
    Yeah the same science that is trying so desperately to make everyone believe in man-made climate change.

It's the only profession where they can be wrong, everyday, and still allowed to keep their jobs.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    So I guess the Donald has to donate another million, right?
    Trump's properties contribute a lot to Florida. Liquor taxes are high on both the buying and selling side. There is also a manditory resort fee, which is really nothing more than a tax.
    Last edited by euphemia; 09-10-2017 at 01:37 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Naples (current eye approaching) 130mph sustained

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mguq...ature=youtu.be
    I have a friend staying at the hotel he works at there. Showed a video earlier of the bay receding.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Naples (current eye approaching) 110-130mph sustained

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mguq...ature=youtu.be
    Wow. Visibility dropped to zero in just a couple of minutes.

"There Is No Seawall Whatsoever": Downtown Miami Flooded; Two Cranes Collapse

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...rane-collapses

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Yeah the same science that is trying so desperately to make everyone believe in man-made climate change.

It's the only profession where they can be wrong, everyday, and still allowed to keep their jobs.
    You are talking about economy?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Floodwaters Climb 7 Feet In 90 Minutes As Irma's 'Eyewall' Batters Naples

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-10/floodwaters-climb-7-feet-90-minutes-irmas-eyewall-batters-naples

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I hope Melissa is alright down there. I don't know if she has to hang around or not to take care of people. Chances are good that she does have to hang around.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 09-10-2017 at 05:11 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    I hope Melissa is alright down there. I don't know if she has to hang around or not to take care of people. Chances are good that she does have to hang around.
    Smart people should be fine.

My brother just posted 70+ winds at nine.. and the storm will steadily decline from here.
    Lots of rain,, but they have that and deal with it well.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

well.. it's 2am.. there were a couple of power blips between 10 and 11 tonight. So far.. it's been a windy rainy night - haven't seen the woods out back yet but didn't hear any trees falling and with any luck, the radar looks like in about 20 minutes there might be enough of a break in the rain to take the poor little dog that's crossing her legs out for a quick squirt.. she wants to go until we open the door.. then the wind noise.. the frog chorus and the downpour sounds run her right back under a table.
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast