Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stefan Molyneux's Native American Genocide - A Response

Looks like to get on the 1 , 5,10 or 20 dollar bill you need to release the Army on the people and kill some for unjust tax collection ( Washington , whiskey rebellion ) , genocide some Indians ( Lincoln , Jackson ) or be the central banking guy ( Hamilton ) . If I was running it I would replace them all with Indians , be a helluva lot cooler .

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Looks like to get on the 1 , 5,10 or 20 dollar bill you need to release the Army on the people and kill some for unjust tax collection ( Washington , whiskey rebellion ) , genocide some Indians ( Lincoln , Jackson ) or be the central banking guy ( Hamilton ) . If I was running it I would replace them all with Indians , be a helluva lot cooler .
    You used to have the nickle, then they took that away.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You used to have the nickle, then they took that away.
    Yes that nickel is the most American of all coins . Anyone in the world can look at the front or back and know where it is from. I have put together a few sets of those in my life . Started another this year .
    Last edited by oyarde; 08-29-2017 at 08:47 PM.

The Indian Head nickel , known as the Buffalo nickel was made 1913 to 1938 ( the most american coin of all denominations below 2 1/2 dollars certainly ), prior to that the Liberty nickel design was 1883 - 1912 and prior to that the Shield nickel design 1866 - 1883 . Prior to that ( starting 1794 ) the five cent coin was a small silver pc. called a Half Dime. The last year it was produced was 1873. Took muh Indian away and put a slaver on it . Disgraceful as usual .
    Last edited by oyarde; 08-29-2017 at 09:52 PM.

Haven't seen this yet just came out today

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Then he uses the UN's legal definition of genocide, which technically could mean if you kill even one person of a race because they are that race then you are committing genocide..

Stef seems to be using a definition of genocide on the other end of the spectrum that the entire group must be killed, or they are attempting to kill the entire group, for genocide to occur, where genocide is allegedly the act of attempting to kill that group in part or in whole. I guess that brings up an interesting debate about the word genocide. If you are a black gang and you go and kill some members of a Mexican gang, are they committing genocide against Mexicans? That sort of takes away from what most people think of when they think of genocide.

Semantics of the word genocide aside, the facts he presents in the video regarding the numbers of Native Americans make a strong case that the intentions of the settlers were different than what is portrayed by some modern historians.

He doesn't provide any additional evidence that the blankets spread the disease (oyarde seems to agree on this point) - but he makes it sound like the evidence is actually quite strong when it is very weak - I'm not convinced it occurred ONCE let-alone a widespread tactic. See Stef's vid on this, because it's not in the response.

So there could be some debate on the semantical definition of genocide and whether it might apply here, but this guy doesn't really disprove anything Stef says so far and I'm almost half way thru.. time to go walk my dog.
    Again, it seems like you did not watch the video. First of all, just because the Europeans did not wipe out all Indian Tribes ever existed doesn't mean what happened wasn't genocide. He specifically addressed this issue in his video. With your definition, then the Rwandan, Armenian, jewish holocaust were not genocides which is silly.

I can't pull out the part of the video where he provided the evidence for the blankets and oyarde just gave his opinion which isn't worth much in this arena. Heck, we all have opinions, that doesn't mean anything.

Please watch the video, you are not debunking anything.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Again, it seems like you did not watch the video. First of all, just because the Europeans did not wipe out all Indian Tribes ever existed doesn't mean what happened wasn't genocide. He specifically addressed this issue in his video. With your definition, then the Rwandan, Armenian, jewish holocaust were not genocides which is silly.

I can't pull out the part of the video where he provided the evidence for the blankets and oyarde just gave his opinion which isn't worth much in this arena. Heck, we all have opinions, that doesn't mean anything.

No, the video doesn't debunk anything, all it did was put into questions what the definition of genocide is.. but what you don't seem to understand is even if Molyneux's definition of genocide is wrong that doesn't debunk Molyneux's video.. that isn't his primary argument. His primary argument is that our perception of what happened to the Native Americans is wrong, which is true, he proves that and your video doesn't debunk that at all. Maybe if you had the attention span to watch a Molyneux video you could actually watch the original video and understand what his argument is, but you don't seem to understand at all, and the video you posted is bull$#@! deepstate created nonsense so that creates even further misunderstanding in your head.

And if you can't put forth the basic evidence for your blanket theory then I really don't know what to say.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Then he uses the UN's legal definition of genocide, which technically could mean if you kill even one person of a race because they are that race then you are committing genocide..

Stef seems to be using a definition of genocide on the other end of the spectrum that the entire group must be killed, or they are attempting to kill the entire group, for genocide to occur, where genocide is allegedly the act of attempting to kill that group in part or in whole. I guess that brings up an interesting debate about the word genocide. If you are a black gang and you go and kill some members of a Mexican gang, are they committing genocide against Mexicans? That sort of takes away from what most people think of when they think of genocide.

Semantics of the word genocide aside, the facts he presents in the video regarding the numbers of Native Americans make a strong case that the intentions of the settlers were different than what is portrayed by some modern historians.

He doesn't provide any additional evidence that the blankets spread the disease (oyarde seems to agree on this point) - but he makes it sound like the evidence is actually quite strong when it is very weak - I'm not convinced it occurred ONCE let-alone a widespread tactic. See Stef's vid on this, because it's not in the response.

So there could be some debate on the semantical definition of genocide and whether it might apply here, but this guy doesn't really disprove anything Stef says so far and I'm almost half way thru.. time to go walk my dog.
    Oh look at that. Stefan Moleyneux pretending to be white and talking about white genocide with Vox day and here you can clearly see that he has no objections with the UN definition of genocide.

Btw, this is post Trump Stefan, this is him after he has discovered white genocide type topics aka the woke Stefan.

Again, how can it be called christian genocide when all the Christians are not dead?

REcap on what Stefan considers genocide when it pertains to the Native Americans

The genocide of the Native Americans continues to this day, at least in Canada, while at the same time Canada imports huge amounts of migrants to reach 100 million people by the end of the century.

Paedophilia, rape, forced abortions and premedidated murder in the Catholic Residential schools in Canada, killing an estimated 50,000 Native Americans: http://canadiangenocide.nativeweb.org/genocide.pdf
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The American genocide was a cooperative effort between the British and the Canadians - they cleverly blamed it on America.

...they all hate us for our freedom.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    The American genocide was a cooperative effort between the British and the Canadians - they cleverly blamed it on America.

...they all hate us for our freedom.

What about the European genocide in America by the "Native Americans"?

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-...517714/?no-ist

Thank you for directing me over here. I can't even watch Molyneux speak- it's so cringe-worthy. Unfortunately, Native Americans had the unlucky circumstance of being a [largely] paleolithic people with new farming neighbors. One can't overstate the significance of this. I remember reading about how the early Jamestown settlements allowed sheep, cattle, and other European farm animals to roam freely causing devastation to neighboring tribes bordering the settlement. Their response was a hostile one- they attacked. But it was honestly justified- their way of life depended on hunting & gathering and they had a culture next door that had an abundance of animals grazing, destroying the plants like a damn lawnmower. I'm sure this same thing happened when Neolithic people entered Africa, rest of Middle East, Europe, Asia, etc.. but it's just a sad circumstance. This isn't even to get into the actual wars & displacements of natives...

Also, this is kind of a pet peeve of mine since I'm a history buff but I hate people that just dismiss cultures as "primitive." Every. Single. Culture. Was. Primitive. Once.We don't advance in some comical linear line- it's more like a mountain ridge. A society that relied largely upon hunting/gathering had more free time and probably a happier existence than a distant slave-based Empire. Not to sound like an Anarcho-primitivist "kill the farmers" type person but there's some truth to it all. Australian aboriginees were happy living a hunter-gatherer existence, didn't mean we had to have settlers displace them because they weren't "up to par" with their technological status. It's the equivalent of if China built up a massive fleet of ships and invaded Medieval Europe and displace millions of people cuz "lulz u ain't $#@! compared to us" you'd think we'd feel some moral qualms about it and protest the action? Also it begs the question- what's this magical level of tech does one need in order not to be genocided? If N. American natives were farmers then would it have been wrong to displace them? So stupid...
    Last edited by Identity; 10-03-2017 at 06:38 PM.

This post is dedicated to @oyarde and his ancestors who have endured a lot over the centuries. This is one of those videos that you run into that you just have to share with you best m8s. You will cry a little, laugh a little and WTH a lot after viewing this debunking of a Molyneux fact based, well researched videos.

This is a story about how the settlers royally fu*ked the native Americans with a dick 10x the size of Micheal Obama's alleged dick. This is one example of how biased Molyneux can be when trying to cater to his new audience of alt right retards.

Enjoy

@jmdrake
    @Danke
    @dannno

Molyneux has made some other bone-headed statements in the past which made him an all-star on Reddit's "BadHistory" subreddit. I might have to submit this video as a new one. Not related to this thread but you'd probably get a kick out of it:

Molyneux's take on Ancient Rome: https://www.reddit.com/r/badhistory/...ind_of_stefan/
    Molyneux thinks Statism [and feminism] killed Rome: https://www.reddit.com/r/badhistory/...eird_trick_to/
    Molyneux, The German Empire apologist: https://www.reddit.com/r/badhistory/...yneux_madness/
    Last edited by Identity; 10-03-2017 at 06:36 PM.

My opinion is greater than others . I am an expert on the americas . As Great Sachem , Sagamore of The Wabash and War Chief it is also still my plan to take back my ancestral lands .

What about the European genocide in America by the "Native Americans"?

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-...517714/?no-ist
    I'm kinda a kook when it comes to conspiracies and ancient civilizations and my personal theory is that Africa, Europe, and the Americas were more connected than previously thought. Recently there was a peer-reviewed paper published in some journal making the case that Neanderthals may have inhabited America prior to **** Sapien arrival. Some interesting evidence for it too: distinct Neanderthal carvings in Mammoth tusk and bones. With the "Ice Age Columbus" Solutrean thing-- I tend to believe in it. But it doesn't change the fact that Solutreans were the ancestors of Amerindians, not Europeans- so Natives would be the heirs still.

My opinion is greater than others . I am an expert on the americas . As Great Sachem , Sagamore of The Wabash and War Chief it is also still my plan to take back my ancestral lands .

Lol.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Lol.
    I was counting on you to join me .

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't see how...

Yes there was a Native American genocide

Yes there was a Native American genocide, look no further than California to see where it happened:

The extermination of California Indians was advocated, incentivized and endorsed by many of California statehood's political leaders. California governor Peter Burnett even openly predicted a "war of extermination:"

That a war of extermination will continue to be waged between the two races until the Indian race becomes extinct, must be expected. While we cannot anticipate the result with but painful regret, the inevitable destiny of the race is beyond the power and wisdom of man to avert.
    — —From California governor Peter Hardeman Burnett's Second Annual Message to the Legislature, January 7, 1851:

[q][r][s]

Burnett also participated in genocide himself:

When Peter H. Burnett found out the survivors of the Battery Point Massacre were located, they formed a thirty-three man company. California Jack and his men said that they were “well armed and resolved upon the extermination of all Indians”. The men trapped the Indians by encircling around the Indians. Just when the sun came of on the Eastern horizon, they opened fire at Yontocket. The Indians immediately came running out of their huts, armed with their bow and arrows, fighting for their lives. Their primitive weapons were no match for the modern weapons of the white men. All around the white men, the Indians attempted to escape, but there was no chance of surviving. The Indian men’s scream was intermingled with the screams of the women and children, which caused even more confusion to the Indians. Hundreds of people were killed in the attack, but the white men were not done yet. An eyewitness said “The white people got all around them… Every time someone go out, never come back in… they set fire to the house, the Indians’ house. You could see them just cutting heads off. They stick them things into them; pretty soon they pick them up and throw them right into the fire. Some of ‘em tried to get away, run down the slough. Soon as they get down there, if they don’t get ‘em right away, they get ‘em from the other side when they come up. Shoot ‘em right there, waiting for them.” After the attack, the white men built a huge fire and threw almost everything the Indians had into it. They threw in the Indian’s sacred ceremonial dresses into it and they even threw babies, some of which were still alive, in the fire too. Finally, Burnett’s men burned Yontocket to the ground and only a few Indians were scarcely left alive. The men reported no intentional kills of women and children. So many victims were incinerated, submerged, or have floated away that the attackers could not obtain a complete body count. White sources estimated to only 150 lives lost that morning. This may have been an understatement and Tolowa sources insist that 600 people were massacred at Yontocket. Even if the white people were right, this is still ranked as one of the most lethal massacres in U.S. history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yontoket_massacre

Some state legislators such as Supreme Court Judge Serranus C. Hastings organized public gatherings where settlers would air their grievances about Indians which was used to incite hatred toward them.[t] California statehood also incentivized the abduction of Indians as slaves[u] through the "Act for the Government and Protection of Indians." The law also outlawed Indians' ability to testify against the Whites who had killed or abducted their families.[v]

Historian Benjamin Madley claims that California statehood paid $1.7[w] to $5.7 million to private militia who hunted and killed Indians and California governors directed state troops to kill over 3,000 California Indians between 1850 and 1861.[x][y]Furthermore, California stood in opposition of ratifying the eighteen treaties signed between tribal leaders and federal agents in 1851.[z]

Historian Benjamin Madley accuses the U.S. Federal government of actively participating in the genocide in California and claims it took lead of its implementation after 1863; with the US army killing 1,680 to 3,741 California Indians, as well as the US senate paying $1.3 million to private militias in California who hunted and killed Indians. Madley attributes this to the American Civil War centralizing the wars against California tribes into more deliberate organized military operations. In addition Madley states that federal reservations used deliberate starvation to wipe out Indians reducing caloric distribution to them from 480-910 to 160-390 between 1860 and 1862 and Indians were also banned from eating meat. California natives would also die in forced deportations into reservations with 300 perishing upon arrival from having to march through the snow and the mud in one such march.[x]

Notable private militias participated in the
    genocide most infamously Walter S. Jarboe's Eel River Rangers.[p] Settlers would also often raid Indian villages in order to abduct their children for indentured labor, as Benjamin Madley estimates at least 3,000 to 4,000 Indian children were transferred from their parents in this way.[x] Some sources claim that the purpose of kidnapping many Indian girls was to use them as sex slaves, and due to this 1/4 of the Yuki tribe's female population contracted venereal disease.[o]

According to the government of California, some 4,500 Native Americans suffered violent deaths between 1849 and 1870.
    [m] Professor Ed Castillo, of Sonoma State University, provides a higher estimate: "The handiwork of these well armed death squads combined with the widespread random killing of Indians by individual miners resulted in the death of 100,000 Indians in the first two years of the gold rush."[n]

In contrast to this Historian Benjamin Madley recorded the numbers of killings of California Indians between 1846 and 1873 and estimated that during this period at least 9,492 to 16,094 California Indians were killed by non-Indians, mostly occurring in more than 370 massacres (defined as the "intentional killing of five or more disarmed combatants or largely unarmed noncombatants, including women, children, and prisoners, whether in the context of a battle or otherwise").
    [y][x]

The Yahi tribe of the Yana people was totally exterminated during the California Genocide except for one man named Ishi,[k] who some contest wasn't even a pure Yahi.[l]

Numerous books have been written on the subject of the California Indian genocide such as Genocide and Vendetta: The Round Valley Wars in Northern California by Lynwood Carranco and Estle Beard, Murder State: California's Native American Genocide, 1846-1873 by Brendan C. Lindsay, and An American Genocide: The United States and the California Indian Catastrophe, 1846-1873 by Benjamin Madley among others. That last book by Madley caused California governor
    Jerry Brown to recognize the genocide.[w] Even Guenter Lewy famous for the phrase: "In the end, the sad fate of America's Indians represents not a crime but a tragedy, involving an irreconcilable collision of cultures and values" concedes that what happened in California may constitute genocide: "some of the massacres in California, where both the perpetrators and their supporters openly acknowledged a desire to destroy the Indians as an ethnic entity, might indeed be regarded under the terms of the convention as exhibiting genocidal intent."[j]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

j- Lewis, Guenter.
    "Were American Indians the Victims of Genocide?". History News Network.
    k-Day, Mark R. "Ishi's Life: A California Genocide Primer". Indian Country Today.
    l-Kell, Gretchen. "Ishi apparently wasn't the last Yahi, according to new evidence from UC Berkeley research archaeologist"
    m-"Minorities During the Gold Rush". California Secretary of State. Archived from the original on February 1, 2014. Retrieved March 23, 2009.
    n- Edward D. Castillo, California Indian History; SHORT OVERVIEW OF CALIFORNIA INDIAN HISTORY from nahc.ca.gov accessed July 8, 2018.
    o- Remembering The Bloody Rush Of The California Genocide
    Posted by The Raven Report on December 1, 2017
    https://theravenreport.com/2017/12/01/remembering-the-bloody-rush-of-the-california-genocide/
    p-Baumgardner, Frank H. "Killing for Land in Early California: Indian blood at Round Valley: Founding the Nome Cult Indian Farm". . New York: Algora Pub. ISBN 9780875863641.

q-"The Governor's Message (Transmitted January 7, 1851)," Sacramento Transcript, 10 January 1851, 2.
    r-On January 6, 1851 at his State of the State address to the California Senate, 1st Governor Peter Burnett used the following words: "That a war of extermination will continue to be waged between the races until the Indian race becomes extinct must be expected. While we cannot anticipate this result but with painful regret, the inevitable destiny of the race is beyond the power or wisdom of man to avert."
    s- Lindsay, Brenden C (2012). "Murder State: California's Native American Genocide, 1846–1873." University of Nebraska Press, Lincoln and London. p.231
    t-Baumgardner 2006, p. 71
    u-Magliari, M (August 2004). "FREE SOIL, UNFREE LABOR". Pacific Historical Review. University of California Press.
    v- Johnston-Dodds, Kimberly (September 2002). Early California Laws and Policies Related to California Indians. California Research Bureau. pp. 5–13. ISBN 1-58703-163-9.
    w- http://newsroom.ucla.edu/stories/revealing-the-history-of-genocide-against-californias-native-americans
    Revealing the history of genocide against California’s Native Americans
    Jessica Wolf | August 15, 2017
    x- Benjamin Madley (August 31, 2016). "Killing of Native Americans in California". C-SPAN. Retrieved August 23, 2018.
    y- Madley, Benjamin, An American Genocide, The United States and the California Catastrophe, 1846–1873, Yale University Press, 2016, 692 pages, ISBN 978-0-300-18136-4, p.11, p.351
    z- Norton, Jack (1979). Genocide in northwestern California: when our worlds cried. San Francisco: Indian Historian Press. ISBN 0-913436-26-7. pp. 70–73

This lecture gives a good overview of the genocide:

0ther examples of genocide:
    -------

* The United States set up concentration camps for Cherokee and other Native Americans in the 1830s.[A] In 1864, the U.S. government forced 8,000 Navajos to walk more than 300 miles at gunpoint from their ancestral homelands in northeastern Arizona and northwestern New Mexico to an internment camp in Bosque Redondo, a desolate tract on the Pecos River in eastern New Mexico. From 1863 to 1868, the U.S. Military persecuted and imprisoned 9,500 Navajo and 500 Mescalero Apache. Living under armed guards, more than 3,500 Navajo and Mescalero Apache men, women, and children died from starvation and disease.[B]

When smallpox swept the northern plains of the U.S. in 1837, the U.S. Secretary of War Lewis Cass ordered that no Mandan (along with the Arikara, the Cree, and the Blackfeet) be given smallpox vaccinations, which were provided to other tribes in other areas.[c] While the responsibility for the 1836-40 smallpox epidemic remains in question, scholars have asserted that the Great Plains epidemic was "started among the tribes of the upper Missouri River by failure to quarantine steam boats on the river",[d] and Captain Pratt of the St. Peter "was guilty of contributing to the deaths of thousands of innocent people."

*Sterilization of Native American women was a procedure that began to surface in the late 1960s and early 1970s in the United States.[e] Native American women were subject to involuntary surgical sterilization caused by a policy by the federally funded Indian Health Service (IHS).[f] The U.S. General Accounting Office showed that the Indian Health Service sterilized 3,406 American Indian women between 1973 and 1976. The study showed that 36 women under age 21 were forcibly sterilized regardless of a court-ordered moratorium on sterilizations of women younger than 21.[g] One out of four Native American women were involuntarily sterilized through tubal ligation or hysterectomy.[h] The procedure was often done under the pretense of a check up or abortion, most of the victims were not aware they had been sterilized, even after the procedure. The forced sterilizations had an appreciable effect on the fertility rates of Native American women. In the 1970s, the average birth rate of Native American women was 3.79, in 1980 it fell to 1.8.[i] The belief of racial inferiority and stereotypes of the Native American population were factors that made the Native American women targets of sterilization. The media represented the Native American Woman by employing terms such as 'Squaw' defined as a "dirty, subservient, abused, alcoholic and ugly woman who loves to torture white men." Racial stereotypes propagated the belief that Native American women were unfit to raise or to have children in comparison to white women.[j] In the 1970s, Native American women believed that sterilization was mandatory and were coerced into giving consent.[k] Not agreeing to the sterilization procedure would result in the withdrawal of welfare benefits. Consent forms presented to them failed to indicate that the decision would not affect their benefits.[l] Studies by the Health Research Group in 1973 and Doctor Bernard Rosenfeld's interviews in 1974 and 1975 show that this action was driven by social and economic factors.[m]

Most physicians performing this procedure viewed sterilization as the best alternative for these women. They claimed it would improve their financial situation and their family's quality of life.[n] The physicians were paid more for performing hysterectomies and tubal ligations than for prescribing other forms of birth control.[m] The influx of surgical procedures was seen as a training for physicians and as a practice for resident physicians. In 1971 Dr. James Ryan responded to the question of why favoring hysterectomies over tubal ligations that "it's more of a challenge...and it's good experience for the junior resident".[o] With fewer people applying for Medicaid and welfare, the federal government could decrease spending on welfare programs.[m]

In the 1970s the negative stereotypes of Native American women and beliefs of racial superiority contributed to the belief amongst physicians that these women would not be able to limit the number of children or use birth control effectively, thus imposing the sterilization policy.[m]

The U.N. defines genocide as: Any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group. (Article 2 CPPCG)
    By this definition U.S. sterilization policies were genocide under acts 3 and 4.

================================================== =================================================

A-
    James L. Dickerson (2010). Inside America's Concentration Camps: Two Centuries of Internment and Torture. p. 29. Chicago Review Press
    B-M. Annette Jaimes (1992). The State of Native America: Genocide, Colonization, and Resistance. p. 34. South End Press
    c-Kotar, S.L.; Gessler, J.E. (2013). Smallpox: A History. McFarland. p. 111. ISBN 9780786493272. Washburn, Kevin K. (February 2006). "American Indians, Crime, and the Law". Michigan Law Review. 104: 709, 735. Valencia-Weber, Gloria (January 2003). "The Supreme Court's Indian Law Decisions: Deviations from Constitutional Principles and the Crafting of Judicial Smallpox Blankets". University of Pennsylvania Journal of Constitutional Law. 5: 405, 408–09.
    d- The Effect of Smallpox on the Destiny of the Amerindian; Esther Wagner Stearn, Allen Edwin Stearn; University of Minnesota; 1945; Pgs. 13-20, 73-94, 97
    e- Volscho, Thomas. "Sterilization Racism and Pan-Ethnic Disparities of the Past Decade: The Continued Encroachment on Reproductive Rights". Wicazo Sa Review. 25 (1): 17–31. doi:10.1353/wic.0.0053.
    f- "Forced Sterilization of Native Americans". Encylopedia JRank. http://encyclopedia.jrank.org/articles/pages/6242/Forced-Sterilization-of-Native-Americans.html
    g- "Native Voices". NLM. https://www.nlm.nih.gov/nativevoices/timeline/543.html "Investigation of Allegations Concerning Indian Health Service" (PDF). Government Accountability Office. November 4, 1976. Retrieved May 29, 2015. https://www.gao.gov/assets/120/117355.pdf
    h- Ralstin-Lewis, D. Marie (2005). "The Continuing Struggle against Genocide: Indigenous Women's Reproductive Rights". Wicazo Sa Review. 20 (2): 71.
    i- Lawrence, Jane (2000). "The Sterilization of Native American Women". American Indian Quarterly. 24 (3): 402.
    j- Volscho, Thomas (2010). "Sterilization Racism and Pan-Ethnic Disparities of the Past Decade: The Continued Encroachment on Reproductive Rights". Wicazo Sa Review. 25 (1).
    k- Kelly, Mary E. (1979). "Sterilization Abuse: A Proposed Regulatory Scheme". De Paul Law Review. 28 (3): 733.
    l- Lawrence, Jane (2000). "The Indian Health Service and the Sterilization of Native American Women". American Indian Quarterly. 24 (3): 409.
    m- Lawrence, Jane (2000). "The Indian Health Service and the Sterilization of Native American Women". American Indian Quarterly. 24 (3).
    n- [Carpio, Myla (2004). "The Lost Generation: American Indian and Sterilization Abuse". Social Justice. 31 (4): 50.]
    o- Peal, Tiesha. "The Continuing Sterilization of the Undesirables in America". Rutgers Race and the Law Review. 6 (1): 234.

That a war of extermination will continue to be waged between the two races until the Indian race becomes extinct, must be expected. While we cannot anticipate the result with but painful regret, the inevitable destiny of the race is beyond the power and wisdom of man to avert.
    — —From California governor Peter Hardeman Burnett's Second Annual Message to the Legislature, January 7, 1851:
    [/QUOTE]

Vulgar pseudo-intellectuals such as Molyneux address this topic only to get page views for their nationalist pablum.

The history of the pre-Columbian Indians is uninteresting, in my opinion, and in Molyneux's.

Quote Originally Posted by Overwroughtwashingmachine View Post
    Yes there was a Native American genocide, look no further than California to see where it happened:

The extermination of California Indians was advocated, incentivized and endorsed by many of California statehood's political leaders. California governor Peter Burnett even openly predicted a "war of extermination:"

It sounds like you are unfamiliar with the legal term justifiable genocide.

Good vid on how the Haudenosaunee confederacy had minority protections built into their governing structure, using a very simple extended family metaphor.

In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12