Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paul Joseph Watson won't be around much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Is RPF hypocritical in regards to free speech? Can I type and call you my ****** or will it be censored?
    Also available under your own settings. Its the forum software, developed by VBulletin, not the mods. There is an option to disable the profanity filter. It was put there because youth tend to lead most tech changes so when it came out, their intentions were to make it under 18 friendly, as well as under 12 friendly.

In regards to OP, this is quite serious as Google is one of the new big six that controls a very high percentage of streaming user uploaded video content. They are demonetizing videos that they dont agree with, dont fit their agenda, are too political, arent "left" enough, or what ever their criteria of the day happens to be. Now Im seeing REQUIRED SIGN IN to view "politically offensive" material that they cant just take down.

YOUTUBE REQUIRED SIGN IN BYPASS

A typical youtube URL looks like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IQbF0IK-f4 (some random video)

To bypass the Required Sign In, remove the "watch?v=" and change it to "...tube.com/v/8IQbF0IK-f4" which is the same string at the end, just goes full screen. Get used to using your middle mouse button to open youtube in a new tab in case you have to bypass the Sign In.

DOES NOT ALWAYS WORK

SKIP YOUTUBE ADS IMMEDIATELY

Youtube is also trying something new, allowing you to only skip ads after 5 seconds. VERY simple to skip the ads entirely. Just press the F5 key to Refresh the page. Many times, you can reload the page faster than it takes to wait the 5 seconds and simply skip the ad entirely. Also, this does not always work, but it does most of the time. I may have to refresh a few times to skip video ads. If the ad keeps coming back up again and again, its up to you how many times to try the F5 Key to Refresh trick.

---

Truly the better solution here is to have videos hosted on a non politically motivated video server and vote with your feet.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Champuckett View Post
    Fair enough, he is a Trump supporter, he is whining, and you don't like him.

Curious what your thoughts are on this similar issue, regarding a libertarian that this site is named after: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ll-Advertisers
    I agree with acptulsa:
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    He's definitely not suitable for all advertisers. Like Boeing. Lockheed Martin. General Electric...
    I don't expect every private company to agree with my values. If you don't like YouTube try vimeo or start your own video hosting site. In spite of what some here seem to think, it is not yet illegal to start a competing website.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    there are literally no other options.
    That is literally not where we are now.
    Amash>Trump

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Well, he has a cool british accent(i.e. sounds intelligent), he is articulate and he talks a lot about SJW (aka beats a dead horse really well). Those three qualities alone would get you a boat load of American viewers
    And why then is ramzpaul hundreds times less popular? Lack of Btitish accent?

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    That is literally not where we are now.
    That's what I meant but my sentence structure wasn't clear.

Anti-trust/monopoly isn't only triggered by the time there are literally no other options available. It is triggered prior to that point to prevent the scenario of a sole producer/provider. It is when one corp has cornered a market on a good/service to the point that no competition can realistically compete. That's why I said that MS was hit with anti-trust even when there were Macs, Linux/Unix and IBM OS/2 options. Why isn't Google hit with anti-trust when there is Bing and a few other non-Google based engines?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I agree with acptulsa: I don't expect every private company to agree with my values. If you don't like YouTube try vimeo or start your own video hosting site. In spite of what some here seem to think, it is not yet illegal to start a competing website.
    Thanks for your response. I guess I will be more specific. The market is already responding to what's been going on and motivating individuals to finding and building alternatives where they will not be censored. That's not really what I was asking your take on.
    Other options are available out there and there is no doubt people will migrate away from YouTube.

With that being said I will try to restate; specifically, do you have any comments on the demonetization of Ron Paul videos, which is being discussed at the link I provided above, or are your feelings identical with both Paul Watson and RP videos?

Quote Originally Posted by Champuckett View Post
    Thanks for your response. I guess I will be more specific. The market is already responding to what's been going on and motivating individuals to finding and building alternatives where they will not be censored. That's not really what I was asking your take on.
    Other options are available out there and there is no doubt people will migrate away from YouTube.

With that being said I will try to restate; specifically, do you have any comments on the demonetization of Ron Paul videos, which is being discussed at the link I provided above, or are your feelings identical with both Paul Watson and RP videos?
    I do not wish Ron Paul to be demonetized. But I wouldn't tolerate him calling it censorship either.
    Amash>Trump

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Theres also these new youtube alternatives vid.me and Minds.com for posting videos
    Last edited by Lamp; 08-29-2017 at 06:15 PM.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Newgrounds is also there but most of the stuff there is flash content.

It will never be the popular thing to say, or person that needs to be afforded the protections of the First Amendment, rather the Unpopular thing to say.

If you guys dont agree with either Paul Joseph Watson, or even Ron Paul on any views, watch carefully to see if their contradictory viewpoints need the Freedom of Speech protections, for if you do not, it will only be a matter of time when not only will they come after you, but no one will be left to come to your aid.
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    It will never be the popular thing to say, or person that needs to be afforded the protections of the First Amendment, rather the Unpopular thing to say.

If you guys dont agree with either Paul Joseph Watson, or even Ron Paul on any views, watch carefully to see if their contradictory viewpoints need the Freedom of Speech protections, for if you do not, it will only be a matter of time when not only will they come after you, but no one will be left to come to your aid.
    Constitution applies to U.S. government, not YouTube payment models. If I asked you not to teach my kids communism in my own house, I wouldn't be violating your rights. Why is this hard for so many here to grasp? Do you guys support net neutrality too? I can understand it from the Drumf Column, but conservatives and libertarians should know better.
    Amash>Trump

Constitution applies to U.S. government, not YouTube payment models. If I asked you not to teach my kids communism in my own house, I wouldn't be violating your rights. Why is this hard for so many here to grasp? Do you guys support net neutrality too? I can understand it from the Drumf Column, but conservatives and libertarians should know better.
    The irony is that people saying this are posting on a forum that can ban you for something you say. Ask Eduard0 how that protection of speech worked out for him

I think it stems from a lack of basic understanding of private property rights. It's like all those progressives up in arms about the guy that got hurt because he wouldn't get off someones property. He threw a fit and it went viral on social media, and the dumbass Americans who don't understand that they don't have a right to someone else's property even if they pay them money for it if they don't consent to sale.

Walled gardens.

Your own home is fine. I can fully respect that. But youtube and google are way too big. This is like saying that once something has been privatized, the constitution no longer applies. Wouldnt the constitution still apply in your own home if you chose to enforce it?

Only other option I have is to add Youtube to MSM category due to all the censorship. It just doesnt leave a lot of options for a public speaking forum.
    1776 > 1984

Walled gardens.

Your own home is fine. I can fully respect that. But youtube and google are way too big. This is like saying that once something has been privatized, the constitution no longer applies. Wouldnt the constitution still apply in your own home if you chose to enforce it?

Only other option I have is to add Youtube to MSM category due to all the censorship. It just doesnt leave a lot of options for a public speaking forum.
    I think it's silly people think that Youtube or anything was free, that they aren't the product. When everyone started adblocking what do you think the companies started doing to monetize information? I don't think the answer to this is what the alt right says it is. I don't think Google or facebook should be a utility. I think we could decentralize the internet by not making them utilities, in the age of gigabit internet do I really need a third party to host and have control over my information? If there is no better alternatives to youtube or google or facebook then we should build it, we shouldn't make them utilities.

The irony is that people saying this are posting on a forum that can ban you for something you say. Ask Eduard0 how that protection of speech worked out for him
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I think it stems from a lack of basic understanding of private property rights. It's like all those progressives up in arms about the guy that got hurt because he wouldn't get off someones property. He threw a fit and it went viral on social media, and the dumbass Americans who don't understand that they don't have a right to someone else's property even if they pay them money for it if they don't consent to sale.
    Wow, the three disinfo obfuscation amigos all right in a row.

I think we have established that the internet is not a free market and they have created monopoly enterprises that are able to largely control the flow of information. I think we have established that once the low hanging fruit are out of the way, soon talking about lower taxes, small government, non-intervention will be under attack and sites like this will get shut down. Hell, Ron Paul's youtube channel already essentially got shut down, they may not be able to get the funding to continue. That means "soon" is NOW.

The big question is, will or do any of the three of you actually care? I say "do" because it already happened. Ron Paul got demonetized on youtube. Are you really going to sit back and drink lemonade and not complain, or are you going to call out youtube and make a fuss about it, using your own free speech?

I also agree it is important to look for new alternatives to these companies that aren't controlled by the deep state, but seeing as we don't know if that is even possible, it is possible to take a multi-pronged attack at this one.
    Last edited by dannno; 09-02-2017 at 12:22 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Wow, the three disinfo obfuscation amigos all right in a row.

I think we have established that the internet is not a free market and they have created monopoly enterprises that are able to largely control the flow of information. I think we have established that once the low hanging fruit are out of the way, soon talking about lower taxes, small government, non-intervention will be under attack and sites like this will get shut down. Hell, Ron Paul's youtube channel already essentially got shut down, they may not be able to get the funding to continue. That means "soon" is NOW.

The big question is, will or do any of the three of you actually care? I say "do" because it already happened. Ron Paul got demonetized on youtube. Are you really going to sit back and drink lemonade and not complain, or are you going to call out youtube and make a fuss about it, using your own free speech?

I also agree it is important to look for new alternatives to these companies that aren't controlled by the deep state, but seeing as we don't know if that is even possible, it is possible to take a multi-pronged attack at this one.
    I am going to blame youtube for doing something I would do myself it if it was my website. Would you let a bunch of Trump suckers on your website if your were a liberty supporter? I know I would ban them.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The free market makes everything possible if there is enough demand. You need to believe in capitalism, and free market principles and technology before you even make arguments about this. The government controls the net that is because people like you are begging them to.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Your own home is fine. I can fully respect that. But youtube and google are way too big.
    So, how big does my house have to be before my property rights cease?
    Amash>Trump

The free market makes everything possible if there is enough demand. You need to believe in capitalism, and free market principles and technology before you even make arguments about this. The government controls the net that is because people like you are begging them to.
    In the Drumpf Column, free market principles are considered "disinfo."
    Amash>Trump

pcgame

didn't read everything anyways YouTube is a government funded monopoly. Why not stop funding them with government money and let the free market handle everything else. More regulations isn't the answer. Its a private company.

Quote Originally Posted by pcgame View Post
    didn't read everything anyways YouTube is a government funded monopoly. Why not stop funding them with government money and let the free market handle everything else. More regulations isn't the answer. Its a private company.
    What? where did u read that youtube is a govt funded company? link please

It doesn't look like they get any federal subsidies (not that they don't get federal funding that I don't know about); but a quick search shows that they have gotten $736,408,607 in state/local subsidies. And $63,964,000 in federal loans, loan guarantees and bailout assistance.

http://subsidytracker.goodjobsfirst....t=alphabet-inc

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    It doesn't look like they get any federal subsidies (not that they don't get federal funding that I don't know about); but a quick search shows that they have gotten $736,408,607 in state/local subsidies. And $63,964,000 in federal loans, loan guarantees and bailout assistance.

http://subsidytracker.goodjobsfirst....t=alphabet-inc
    CIA Funding of Tech Companies

http://www.activistpost.com/2015/12/cia-funding-of-tech-companies.html

Government funding of companies provides a steady stream of support for tech developing innovations. One vehicle for facilitating this relationship can be found in an entity called, In-Q-Tel. IQT describes their function as:
    In-Q-Tel is the independent, not-for-profit organization created to bridge the gap between the technology needs of the U.S. Intelligence Community (IC) and emerging commercial innovation. We invest in venture-backed startups developing technologies that provide ready-soon innovation (within 36 months) vital to the IC mission. These technology startups are traditionally outside the reach of the IC; in fact, more than 70 percent of our portfolio companies have never before done business with the government.

A Fox Business article, “In-Q-Tel: A Glimpse Inside the CIA’s Venture-Capital Arm,” lists some of the companies and agencies that are involved.
    Founded in 1999 as a way for the U.S. to keep up with the rapid innovation in science and technology, In-Q-Tel has been an early backer of start-ups later acquired by Google (GOOG), Oracle (ORCL), IBM (IBM) and Lockheed Martin (LMT).
    While IQT originally catered largely to the needs of the CIA, today the firm supports many of the 17 agencies within the U.S. intelligence community, including the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) and the Department of Homeland Security Science and Technology Directorate.
    Their focus on Startups Backed By The CIA is still a prime objective.
    In-Q-Tel issues a press release every time it funds a new company, but it discloses neither the amount of the investment nor the product it’s focused on. It’s believed that the relationship can lead to the development of off-market products tailored specifically for the CIA. A spokesman for one company funded by In-Q-Tel told Forbes that their investment was focused on a specific project with a yearlong deadline, declining to provide further details.
    In keeping with the corporatocracy economy, government direct funding or indirect assistance has become the model for startups to chase. Whatever happened to the capitalist formula of raising money from private sector investors for an equity interest in a venture?

The rules of the playfield seem to be very different when the end-user and customer for the technology is some government agency. Examine the case experiences described in “25 Cutting Edge Firms Funded By The CIA.”
    It’s no secret the Central Intelligence Agency has an investment firm that funds startups that could have a big impact for the Agency.
    If there is a company out there doing intelligence research, it’s likely that, the CIA’s personal investor, either looked them up or made a check out to them.
    It’s all to ensure that the Agency remains on the forefront of tech. Not long ago, In-Q-Tel invested heavily in a company called Keyhole. Never heard of them? Maybe you know their work, a little project eventually known as Google Earth.
    So, want to know what’s next for technology? Keep an eye on these 25 companies.
    Note the acknowledgement that the AGENCY maintains an investment stake in companies. Guess the keyhole into the world of high-tech dominance has a code to unlock the fruits of the applications residing in Langley, VA.
    An important analysis of “How the CIA made Google” is a prime source of documentation.
    In 1994 — the same year the Highlands Forum was founded under the stewardship of the Office of the Secretary of Defense, the ONA, and DARPA — two young PhD students at Stanford University, Sergey Brin and Larry Page, made their breakthrough on the first automated web crawling and page ranking application. That application remains the core component of what eventually became Google’s search service. Brin and Page had performed their work with funding from the Digital Library Initiative (DLI), a multi-agency programme of the National Science Foundation (NSF), NASA and DARPA.
    With the revelation of the role that the Highlands Forum has in the process of development, it would be important to research their activities. However, that proves difficult, since a login account is required, and no way of registering to access is available. So look at the info on the Highlands Group, for publicly disclosed information on the organization.

More at: http://www.activistpost.com/2015/12/...companies.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

So, how big does my house have to be before my property rights cease?
    I would roughly say once you start using your home / business as a public communication forum with no restrictions on who comes in the front door. Basically, when you invite the public fully in. Theres a difference between inviting your friends and family in, and letting literally anyone in.
    1776 > 1984

I would roughly say once you start using your home / business as a public communication forum with no restrictions on who comes in the front door. Basically, when you invite the public fully in. Theres a difference between inviting your friends and family in, and letting literally anyone in.
    Because of government subsidization and regulations this is a nuanced subject.

But to deal with your simple example: You are saying that once I throw a block party I can't order anyone off my property, that is ridiculous.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

But to deal with your simple example: You are saying that once I throw a block party I can't order anyone off my property, that is ridiculous.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Swordsmyth again."
    #imssrabgitya
    Last edited by The Rebel Poet; 09-03-2017 at 07:06 AM.
    Amash>Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

Lets try to get to the root of the problem here. What we are ending up with appears to be a Conflict of Rights. And not trying to pick a side, but either way, it appears to me to be a lose / lose situation.

Situation #1 - Free Speech wins. Problem here as is pointed out, is end of Property Rights. A person can say what ever they want, but when things are said that are in disagreement of the property owner, the property owners Rights are violated, but Free Speech is not. If Free Speech wins, then Private Property Rights lose.

Situation #2 - Property Rights wins. Problem here is the opposite, but there still exists a problem. A person has legitimate jurisdiction over who they allow to come on to their property as well as authority over behavior of people while they are on their property. Trouble here is that even if what is being said is factual and legitimate, those people do not have a Right to Free Speech while on that persons property. This also makes sense as people have equal rights, which means one persons rights end where another persons rights begins. If Private Property Rights win, then Free Speech loses.

I think this is the source of the conflict. Personally, what I would like to do is to find a reasonable balance between the two. And lets be real here. We arent talking about one persons home. What we are talking about is trying to have a discussion where the topics being discussed are controversial and are being censored by a new form of MSM, where only supporting arguments for elimination of ALL Rights of others are being systematically eliminated. They dont fight us, they get us to fight amongst ourselves. When that happens, they clamour for new regulations to be enforced and will benefit by being the enforcers. We absolutely need both Private Property Rights as well as Free Speech Rights, and as we continue to debate which one should win, they BOTH lose. Eventually, as Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Amazon, and others continue to completely take over the entire internet, we will have NO place to speak freely and our own Private Property Rights will be subject to their approval, and when in conflict, taken away from us both.
    1776 > 1984

Lets try to get to the root of the problem here. What we are ending up with appears to be a Conflict of Rights. And not trying to pick a side, but either way, it appears to me to be a lose / lose situation.

Situation #1 - Free Speech wins. Problem here as is pointed out, is end of Property Rights. A person can say what ever they want, but when things are said that are in disagreement of the property owner, the property owners Rights are violated, but Free Speech is not. If Free Speech wins, then Private Property Rights lose.

Situation #2 - Property Rights wins. Problem here is the opposite, but there still exists a problem. A person has legitimate jurisdiction over who they allow to come on to their property as well as authority over behavior of people while they are on their property. Trouble here is that even if what is being said is factual and legitimate, those people do not have a Right to Free Speech while on that persons property. This also makes sense as people have equal rights, which means one persons rights end where another persons rights begins. If Private Property Rights win, then Free Speech loses.

I think this is the source of the conflict. Personally, what I would like to do is to find a reasonable balance between the two. And lets be real here. We arent talking about one persons home. What we are talking about is trying to have a discussion where the topics being discussed are controversial and are being censored by a new form of MSM, where only supporting arguments for elimination of ALL Rights of others are being systematically eliminated. They dont fight us, they get us to fight amongst ourselves. When that happens, they clamour for new regulations to be enforced and will benefit by being the enforcers. We absolutely need both Private Property Rights as well as Free Speech Rights, and as we continue to debate which one should win, they BOTH lose. Eventually, as Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Amazon, and others continue to completely take over the entire internet, we will have NO place to speak freely and our own Private Property Rights will be subject to their approval, and when in conflict, taken away from us both.
    It's not about property rights versus free speech. You don't have a right to someone else's money in a business transaction that they don't consent to. I can't buy your property if you don't want to sell it to me. Youtube is trying to be a video provider now, they are trying to use all of their credibility and fame to become a premium video service. This is like netflix sueing comcast for not letting them put a netflix channel on their channel lineup.

It's not about property rights versus free speech. You don't have a right to someone else's money in a business transaction that they don't consent to. I can't buy your property if you don't want to sell it to me. Youtube is trying to be a video provider now, they are trying to use all of their credibility and fame to become a premium video service. This is like netflix sueing comcast for not letting them put a netflix channel on their channel lineup.
    You guys are looking at the stuff being censored, right? Ron Paul himself is on the chopping block. Im not saying that Ron Paul deserves to make money from the videos that conflict with advertiser interests. But when you look at what is being said, I dont think most of us here disagree with what Ron Paul has to say. I dont think what he says is controversial at all, rather Common Sense. And THAT is what is being put on the chopping block. So, lets say Google and Ron Paul do not agree. Where else is Ron Paul gonna go that will communicate his message? And perhaps youre right, perhaps it is more so Rights of a Person vs Rights of a Corporation.
    1776 > 1984

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast