Thread: NC Proposed Legislative Districts

NC Proposed Legislative Districts

The Federal Circuit Courts shot down the House and Senate districts from 2011, and the Legislature has just released the new proposed maps for both House and Senate.

These have to be sent back to the Courts by September 1st for a final decision. Ultimately, the Courts could vote against these, too, and draw their own new districts.

The rhetoric against these maps during the public hearing has been bat shirt insane. Apparently house Republicans are literally NAZIs for releasing these maps. I wish I were exaggerating. So there is no telling what the partisan courts will do.

For my part, these appear to be the cleanest County lines I have ever seen around these parts. The complaint is that "they stopped the federally mandated racial districting and substituted partisan districting."

These maps are actually good. My district is actually good. I would have voted for these maps in 2011.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They just shot down the Texas maps too.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

If these districts remain in place, then I'm in a really good House and Senate district.

I'm surprised at how much I like these maps. I have really never seen counties kept this clean here.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    The Federal Circuit Courts shot down the House and Senate districts from 2011
    Say it with me again: 100 new federal circuits.

There's no reason the left should control the courts. There's no reason, in fact, that even One Single Leftist should be allowed to remain on the judiciary, given GOP control of the House, Senate, and Presidency. The Constitution is with them. Push the issue. Purge the courts. Nothing but Hard Right Amish judges from now on.

The Federal Circuit Courts shot down the House and Senate districts from 2011, and the Legislature has just released the new proposed maps for both House and Senate.

These have to be sent back to the Courts by September 1st for a final decision. Ultimately, the Courts could vote against these, too, and draw their own new districts.

The rhetoric against these maps during the public hearing has been bat shirt insane. Apparently house Republicans are literally NAZIs for releasing these maps. I wish I were exaggerating. So there is no telling what the partisan courts will do.

For my part, these appear to be the cleanest County lines I have ever seen around these parts. The complaint is that "they stopped the federally mandated racial districting and substituted partisan districting."

These maps are actually good. My district is actually good. I would have voted for these maps in 2011.

Hi Gunny. This is not related to this thread but I had heard you did a thread on the causes of North Carolina Secession during the civil war. I would be very interested to read it. Is there anyway you could provide a link? thanks.

Did these maps double-bunk several of the better reps? Larry Pittman comes immediately to mind...didn't they double-bunk Bill Cook, too? Did Chris Millis leave for his stated reasons, or was there more to it than that?

Quote Originally Posted by aclove View Post
    Did these maps double-bunk several of the better reps? Larry Pittman comes immediately to mind...didn't they double-bunk Bill Cook, too? Did Chris Millis leave for his stated reasons, or was there more to it than that?
    Not as much as you might think. Pittman got double bunked with Carl Ford, and then Ford turned and ran for NC Senate.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good to know, thanks. I'm going to be doing a call-in segment with Chad Adams today and will likely get asked about the maps.

Not as much as you might think. Pittman got double bunked with Carl Ford, and then Ford turned and ran for NC Senate.

Hi Gunny. This is not related to this thread but I had heard you did a thread on the causes of North Carolina Secession during the civil war. I would be very interested to read it. Is there anyway you could provide a link? thanks.