Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SweetHeart Roller Skating Rink, Tampa FL 1972-1973

Exclamation SweetHeart Roller Skating Rink, Tampa FL 1972-1973

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just look at all those degenerate hooligans with their long hair and their skimpy clothes! They are going to ruin the morals of the country!

A thread of pics but no words to explain to the possible viewers what we are seeing or why we should care about it. Please put in a little bit more effort in your threads cos I really don't know what to make of all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    A thread of pics but no words to explain to the possible viewers what we are seeing or why we should care about it. Please put in a little bit more effort in your threads cos I really don't know what to make of all of this.
    If you have to be told why you should care, you shouldn't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    If you have to be told why you should care, you shouldn't care.
    That is absolutely not true, there is no way you could know that this early in the game. I do care a lot about history, things that happened before my time that does not relate to me personally, take for example WW II. I never cared about it until someone introduced me to the topic, but now I am obsessed with it. A few words on the matter could be what it takes to pull me in. But just posting pics and leaving it like that does nothing.

Maybe a link with material to read up on this issue would be appreciated instead of making assumptions on what you think I would care about without giving me the chance to even try. Now, I would most likely care about whatever it is going on in the pics just to prove you wrong

Well, just realized there is an "about" tab in the link posted in OP. Reading it now.

There's nothing to "make of" this other than what you want to make of it.

It's just a collection of pictures from the past, a snapshot of a place and time.

Zip chose to make of it a comment about the hypocrisy of nostalgia.

Maybe you'd make of it that you'd prefer to herd cattle on the Obudu than go roller skating.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-21-2017 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    There's nothing to "make of" this.

It's just a collection of pictures from the past, a snapshot of a place and time.
    That is a relief cos I actually thought there was a deep sort of symbolic meaning behind the pics after reading acptulsa's post. Then I read the about link and I still wasn't getting it. So just a bunch of kids having fun in the 70s?

Fascinating how kids unwound in the 70s, I did nothing this exciting growing up. Well, I just went to a few house parties and played football(soccer) the rest of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Just look at all those degenerate hooligans with their long hair and their skimpy clothes! They are going to ruin the morals of the country!
    And damned if they didn't. Enjoyed the hell out of all that peace, freedom and prosperity, then didn't do a damned thing to preserve, protect and defend it from people like you.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And damned if they didn't. Enjoyed the hell out of all that peace, freedom and prosperity, then didn't do a damned thing to preserve, protect and defend it from people like you.
    "People like me?"

That is a relief cos I actually thought there was a deep sort of symbolic meaning behind the pics after reading acptulsa's post. Then I read the about link and I still wasn't getting it. So just a bunch of kids having fun in the 70s?

Fascinating how kids unwound in the 70s, I did nothing this exciting growing up. Well, I just went to a few house parties and played football(soccer) the rest of the time
    acptulsa may have found a "deep meaning" behind it.

Thus is the nature of art.

"People like me?"
    Yes. People like you, who sell people on the idea that they should allow their money to be devalued faster than they can possibly get raises, until their middle class existence is but a distant memory. And all on the vain promise of preventing or minimizing recessions, which in truth just get longer and deeper.

Quite.

Yes. People like you, who sell people on the idea that they should allow their money to be devalued faster than they can possibly get raises, until their middle class existence is but a distant memory. And all in the name of preventing or minimizing recessions, which in truth just get longer and deeper.

Quite.
    mmmkay. (sorry for derail)

Don't derail the thread. Take the inflation talk somewhere else

mmmkay.
    You act like you never heard that before. They told you to act like a Broncos fan, but didn't tell you you'd be dealing with people who know what the Fed has done to us?

Don't derail the thread. Take the inflation talk somewhere else
    I can't talk about 1972 without thinking about what we had, and what was about to be done to us.

Can you think about August of 2001 without thinking about how the world was about to change?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-21-2017 at 07:01 PM.

You act like you never heard that before. They told you to act like a Broncos fan, but didn't tell you you'd be dealing with people who know what the Fed has done to us?

I can't talk about 1972 without thinking about what we had, and what was about to be done to us.
    Ah, the good old days. Nixon. Watergate. Vietnam. Inflation running about 9%. Unemployment about 6%. (recession hits the next year). RAF (Red Army Faction) bombs US base in Germany. George Carlin arrested for his "Seven Deadly Words".
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-21-2017 at 07:06 PM.

Inflation running about 9%. Unemployment about 6%. (recession hits the next year).
    Yup. Once Nixon committed the crime at Bretton Woods, that's what your lovely bosses at the Fed did to us.

With a little cover provided by OPEC, of course. But OPEC didn't jack the interest rates and crank up the intaglio presses.

You sound proud of it. You should be.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yep those were the good ol' days. Every Saturday night at the roller ring.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Ah, the good old days. Nixon. Watergate. Vietnam. Inflation running about 9%. Unemployment about 6%. (recession hits the next year). RAF (Red Army Faction) bombs US base in Germany. George Carlin arrested for his "Seven Deadly Words".

Ah, contemporary days. Obama. Benghazi. Fast & Furious. Afghanistan. Slowly declining economy. Junky products. More statutory code. More federal regulations. Busting up lemonade stands.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Yes. People like you, who sell people on the idea that they should allow their money to be devalued faster than they can possibly get raises, until their middle class existence is but a distant memory. And all on the vain promise of preventing or minimizing recessions, which in truth just get longer and deeper.

Quite.
    +rep to the first person who can tell me what this is, and what it means.

No screwgling or "backlinking" the photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    +rep to the first person who can tell me what this is, and what it means.

No screwgling or "backlinking" the photo.

Gerald Ford button. Whip Inflation Now. Maybe Win Inflation Now.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Ah, contemporary days. Obama. Benghazi. Fast & Furious. Afghanistan. Slowly declining economy. Junky products. More statutory code. More federal regulations. Busting up lemonade stands.
    24/7 total surveillance.

If there is one thing that I weep for the future over, it is that.

The fact that there is no longer a place on the surface of planet earth, that you will not be actually under, or subject to being under, total surveillance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast