Thread: US Embassy In Russia Halts Issuance Of Non-Immigrant Visas, Moscow Vows "Retaliation In Kind"

US Embassy In Russia Halts Issuance Of Non-Immigrant Visas, Moscow Vows "Retaliation In Kind"

The latest escalation in the deteriorating diplomatic relations between the US and Russia was unveiled this morning, when the US embassy in Russia announced it was scaling back its visa services in Russia after Moscow ordered it to sharply cut its diplomatic staff in retaliation over new U.S. sanctions, and would suspend all non-immigrant visa operations in Russia starting August 23, although visa operations will be resumed on September 1, but only in the main embassy building in Moscow.

Shortly after the announcement, A Russian senator quoted by RIA news agency said that Russia will respond in kind to U.S. visa changes: "New U.S. visa rules for Russians are a demarche", RIA Novosti reported, citing member of Federation Council Andrey Klimov.
    Separately, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said that the US decision to scale back visa services in Russia was an attempt to stir up ill-feeling among ordinary Russians against the authorities. Lavrov, speaking at a joint news conference in Moscow with Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry, said that "the American authors of these decisions have come up with another attempt to stir up discontent among Russian citizens about the actions of the Russian authorities. It's a well known logic ... and this it the logic of those who organize color revolutions," Lavrov told reporters.
    Lavrov, who said the decision suggested Washington didn't think its reduced diplomatic staff could adapt to new circumstances, said Russia would carefully study the U.S. decision and promised that Moscow would not take out its anger on ordinary U.S. citizens.

More at: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...taliation-kind

ENOUGH ALREADY, WE MUST STOP THIS MADNESS.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    US decision to scale back visa services in Russia was an attempt to stir up ill-feeling among ordinary Russians against the authorities.
    Do "ordinary Russians" spend tons of time waiting in lines to get US visas? Do they blame their own government for that time the US makes them wait? Or is it just propaganda?

The U.S. said it was forced to make the move after Putin ordered American diplomatic staff to be cut by 755 last month. This was itself a tit-for-tat response to U.S. sanctions brought against Russia for its alleged cyberhacking and military involvements in Ukraine and Syria.
    "Because of the required drawdown of personnel, all nonimmigrant visa interviews countrywide will now be conducted at the U.S. Embassy in Moscow," the U.S. Mission said.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-...allout-n794416
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-21-2017 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    ENOUGH ALREADY, WE MUST STOP THIS MADNESS.
    I thought that you supported reducing foreign travel to the US? Seems like an easy way to do it. Money saving as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I thought that you supported reducing foreign travel to the US? Seems like an easy way to do it. Money saving as well.
    Ha ha; TheCount's progressive tolerance and diversity for globalism doesn't extend to Russia. What's the latest on that Russia "investigation?"
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I have never called for a reduction of travel to the US, I have called for reduced IMMIGRATION, not travel.
    We need to control how many foreigners stay here permanently and become citizens but we don't need to limit how many come here temporarily on business or for pleasure.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I have never called for a reduction of travel to the US, I have called for reduced IMMIGRATION, not travel.
    We need to control how many foreigners stay here permanently and become citizens but we don't need to limit how many come here temporarily on business or for pleasure.
    Of course about half of those in the country illegally entered on a legal basis (tourist, business, school) and stayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Of course about half of those in the country illegally entered on a legal basis (tourist, business, school) and stayed.
    Which is why ICE needs to increase visa enforcement.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Then they should reverse the policy, halt all processing of immigration and work visas for Russians and issue only tourist visas.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.