Thread: Flat earth model gaining mainstream media coverage in CO, WA, and TX

Flat earth model gaining mainstream media coverage in CO, WA, and TX

The globe has got to go.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/07...-gravity-hoax/

“Before I did the first few videos back in 2015, if you typed ‘flat earth’ into YouTube you’d get 50,000 results,” he says. “Now, you’ll come in with 17.4 million. That’s more than a 30,000 percent increase. And we’re growing.”
    http://www.southwhidbeyrecord.com/ne...civil-comments

People don’t fall off because they run into Antarctica; it’s not a continent at the South Pole but borders the known world like a fence. The public doesn’t investigate or fly over it because they can’t — it’s all part of The Antarctic Treaty of 1959, an agreement strictly enforced by the highest levels of government.
    http://m.chron.com/news/houston-texa...twitter-mobile

There's no single consensus on how eclipses work in the Flat Earther community, but Steere - who post Flat Earth videos a YouTube channel called "Flat Earth and Other Hot Potatoes" - offered up one theory.

"We theorize the sun and moon are closer than we have been told and are the same size. They may work as a cathode and diode, or, better said, a positive and negative relationship. They work in synergy," she said.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Centennial State has been the cradle of the American flat earth renaissance since birth.
    Since they legalized marijuana?

“How are we Flat Earthers supposed to explain to our friends the solar eclipse in August?” asked one attendee. The room fell silent. “We’ll have to do more research and get back to you on that.”
    Many subscribe to the “ice wall theory,” or the belief that the world is circumscribed by giant ice barriers, like the walls of a bowl, that then extend infinitely along a flat plane. Sargent envisions Earth as “a giant circular disc covered by a dome.” He likens the planet to a snow globe, similar to the one depicted in “The Truman Show,” a fictitious 1998 existential drama about an insurance salesman unknowingly living in an artificially constructed dome.

What then lies on the other side of the ice walls or beyond the glassy dome enclosing our world?

Flat Earthers don’t claim to know with certainty, instead paying lip service to “common sense” evidence they claim can be proved.

BUNK
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    BUNK
    Perfectly describes the globe model.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Casey View Post
    Perfectly describes the globe model.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

The ancient Greeks new the world was spherical.

Get lost and quit promoting your distraction, nobody here is dumb enough to fall for it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

oh well. if the mainstream media says so.....

bull$#@! meter hits tilt again
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Get lost and quit promoting your distraction, nobody here is dumb enough to fall for it.
    I'm actually triggered by this thread. One of my ancestors invented the modern globe, and I smoke a lot of cannabis.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Casey View Post
    The globe has got to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Since they legalized marijuana?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

LOL@thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How long until AntiFa adds this to their list of causes?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

HAHAHAHAHAHA

The truth about the shape of the earth won't go away. NASA cant swindle trillions forever you know.
    How long until AntiFa adds this to their list of causes?
    They already did in 2009 with The Zeitgeist Movement tshirts.

Having lived on the ghetto side of Tacoma , in Colorado Springs and in San Antonio I always expected these people to be flat earthers .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Having lived on the ghetto side of Tacoma , in Colorado Springs and in San Antonio I always expected these people to be flat earthers .
    I tell ya uncle oyarde, growing up in the 80s and 90s, I never imagined there being a Flat Earth society in my lifetime. It's one of the few current events today that's as funny or moreso than POTUS Trump.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Well, at least they can't complain about "global" warming.

I'm not saying the Earth is flat, but if it were, it would resolve a lot of open scientific questions
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I'm not saying the Earth is flat, but if it were, it would resolve a lot of open scientific questions
    Such as?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Such as?
    As an example, Flat earth provides a very rational explanation for why there are no longer any Polar Bear species in the south, and also why no fossilized remains have been found.

They fell off the edge.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Texas is pretty flat
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Texas is pretty flat
    Not in the Hill Country on the North side of San Antonio . There is a coin shop there I go to sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Not in the Hill Country on the North side of San Antonio . There is a coin shop there I go to sometimes.
    For an Injun that pretends to have served our country in places like Colorado Springs, Texas as you would know is relatively flat
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    For an Injun that pretends to have served our country in places like Colorado Springs, Texas as you would know is relatively flat
    I was never really stationed permanently at Ft Carson even though I was supposed to be once but I have a Cousin that lives there in the Springs and I spent a summer once in The Grassland and some time Idaho Springs panning gold . I did visit the Air Force Academy probably early 70's for a tour , all my family though was always Army except one Marine . My second to oldest Daughter lives in Texas . I have a five year old Grand Daughter there I like to see as often as possible .Like myself , She is a lot of fun .