Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Monday Prime Time Address: Afghan Strategy

Newest headstone in Afghanistan, the Graveyard of Empires: Soviet Union United States.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    President Trump constantly changes his principles, and gives up when it gets too hard which means 1 year from now will be full withdraw.
    We live in hope.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    On the bright side, now he'll own it. Somehow Obama got away without ever really owning the disaster. The anti-war left is sure to wake up now. It's been a long coma.
    Sounds like its going to be bright for thousands of years if Pakistan gets involved. Plus on an unrelated bright note there seems to be a renewed push to clean up the nuclear waste piling up around nuclear power plants, seems like it may be too easy of a target.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    On the bright side, now he'll own it. Somehow Obama got away without ever really owning the disaster. The anti-war left is sure to wake up now. It's been a long coma.
    Actually, he started the speech with a caveat that his instinct is to just pull out, but his military advisers essentially talked him out of it. He gave himself an out. If it all goes bad, he just has to say, "see, I told you so, I was right all along."
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Miss Linzi was just on, loves it, head over high heels.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Plus on an unrelated bright note there seems to be a renewed push to clean up the nuclear waste piling up around nuclear power plants, seems like it may be too easy of a target.
    Did he say that in the speech? Links?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Actually, he started the speech with a caveat that his instinct is to just pull out, but his military advisers essentially talked him out of it. He gave himself an out. If it all goes bad, he just has to say, "see, I told you so, I was right all along."
    I'm sure that'll be a real comfort to the newest crop of military widows. But will it keep them from asking, what do you mean they were protecting us from a real danger?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Miss Linzi was just on, loves it, head over high heels.
    Calling Graham kinky is a grave insult to kinky people.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-21-2017 at 07:57 PM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I noticed he 'withheld' on the Taliban.
    He said Al-Qaeda and ISIS we will 'obliterate' them...
    then
    just 'mentioned' the Taliban.

There's been repeated instances of attempts/circumstances
    to bribe and 'deal' with the Taliban in the latter years.
    My instincts tell me this is 'the plan' cuz w/o it... there's no solution remotely possible.
    It's unspoken.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    I noticed he 'withheld' on the Taliban.
    He said Al-Qaeda and ISIS we will 'obliterate' them...
    then
    just 'mentioned' the Taliban.

There's been repeated instances of attempts/circumstances
    to bribe and 'deal' with the Taliban in the latter years.
    My instincts tell me this is 'the plan' cuz w/o it... there's no solution remotely possible.
    It's unspoken.
    He said it was possible to have elements of the Taliban as part of the "Solution"

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

He said it was possible to have elements of the Taliban as part of the "Solution"
    Transcript

Another fundamental pillar of our new strategy is the integration of all instruments of American power: diplomatic, economic, and military, toward a successful outcome. Someday, after an effective military effort, perhaps it will be possible to have a political settlement that includes elements of the Taliban and Afghanistan, but nobody knows if or when that will ever happen.

America will continue its support for the Afghan government and the Afghan military as they confront the Taliban in the field.

The next pillar of our new strategy is to change the approach in how to deal with Pakistan. We can no longer be silent about Pakistan's safe havens for terrorist organizations, the Taliban, and other groups that pose a threat to the region and beyond.

Our troops will fight to win. We will fight to win. From now on, victory will have a clear definition — attacking our enemies, obliterating ISIS, crushing al Qaeda, preventing the Taliban from taking over Afghanistan and stopping mass terror attacks against America before they emerge.

To me that's what he said as an ultimatum to the Afghanistan government not playing ball. Like and if they don't play ball we'll just support the Talban. I'd love for that to be just some sort of a Trumpism. Please someone tell me the Pakistan is as bad as Afghanistan language was a Trumpism too, can we have one of those Trump spinners spin it for me in a way that isn't he is doing it because he loves me because I am having trouble keeping calm and carrying on..

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    To me that's what he said as an ultimatum to the Afghanistan government not playing ball. Like and if they don't play ball we'll just support the Talban. I'd love for that to be just some sort of a Trumpism. Please someone tell me the Pakistan is as bad as Afghanistan language was a Trumpism too, can we have one of those Trump spinners spin it for me in a way that isn't he is doing it because he loves me because I am having trouble keeping calm and carrying on..
    I think he is keeping his options open so he can do whatever is best for him.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Newest headstone in Afghanistan, the Graveyard of Empires: Soviet Union United States.
    Yeah, USSR went bankrupt there.... and the media says it was "Star Wars" that dun it.

"The Patriarch"

So do you guys Afghanistan is a worthy cause or are there ulterior motives for our involvement there? Is there really a terrorist threat there?

Quote Originally Posted by sdsubball23 View Post
    So do you guys Afghanistan is a worthy cause or are there ulterior motives for our involvement there? Is there really a terrorist threat there?
    We're there to prevent Russia from building a pipeline across it to transport natural gas from the Caucuses to the sea, to build our own pipeline across it from the Caucuses to the sea, because it's the best place on earth to grow poppies (the CIA likes to control the source of the world's opiates) and because it's one of, like, three places on earth (with Iran and North Korea) which does not have a Rothschild central bank printing its money.

Dubya said bin Laden was there, but as you'll recall, we found him in Pakistan. Why Trump is pretending Afghanistan is a major source of terrorism isn't hard to figure out. But it ain't so.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-21-2017 at 08:19 PM.

So do you guys Afghanistan is a worthy cause or are there ulterior motives for our involvement there?
    No and yes.

Is there really a terrorist threat there?
    No.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Is there really a terrorist threat there?
    Why are training camps in the desert halfway around the world necessary for some clown to rent a car in NYC and crash it into a crowd?

...the whole "fight them over there or fight them over here" bit is nonsensical.

We're there to prevent Russia from building a pipeline across it to transport natural gas from the Caucuses to the sea, to build our own pipeline across it from the Caucuses to the sea, because it's the best place on earth to grow poppies (the CIA likes to control the source of the world's opiates) and because it's one of, like, three places on earth (with Iran and North Korea) which does not have a Rothschild central bank printing its money.

Dubya said bin Laden was there, but as you'll recall, we found him in Pakistan. Why Trump is pretending Afghanistan is a major source of terrorism isn't hard to figure out. But it ain't so.
    Do you have any sources for your conclusions?

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Growing-Opium

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...line-(article)

There's lots more on this site, if you can trick the search engine into finding it for you.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-21-2017 at 08:38 PM.

Trump owns this war now.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Trump owns this war now.
    Maybe now the media will attack him for it, and maybe he will then get us out.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Actually OBL died in Dec of 2001 from terminal illness and had nothing to do with 911. The whole Pakistan charade was a false flag.
    There is no spoon.

Maybe now the media will attack him for it, and maybe he will then get us out.
    I predict a major thaw in MSM-Trump relations, now that he has come out of the closet as the Orange Neocon.

And Ender, you'll note I didn't say we found him alive. I just said we found him in Pakistan.

Now we have THE ISSUE for a primary challenge.

Will someone rise to champion it?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

wtf I only logged on to read danno comments I'm really disappointed this is BS

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    Trump can have that effect on people.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    lol, me too
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

In Angry Tweetstorm, Ron Paul Lashes Out At "Neocon" Trump

Below is a chronological rundown of Ron Paul's progressively angier tweets, as he was live commenting on Trump's speech:

• Hoping for the best in tonight's @realDonaldTrump speech but fearful that foreign intervention is only going to get worse. #Afghanistan
    • Steve Bannon brakes removed. Neocons feeling their oats.
    • The military personnel are the victims of bad foreign policy.
    • Sad that these wars the politicians argue for are unconstitutional yet we are told we are over there defending the Constitution.
    • Mr. President it's too bad you do not follow your instincts.
    • Planned in Afghanistan? What about Saudi Arabia??
    • What's wrong with rapid exit? We just marched in we can just march out.
    • So far very discouraging. Sounds like pure neocon foreign policy.
    • The promoters of war win. The American people lose. #Afghanistan
    • Remember: there was no al-Qaeda until our foolish invasion of Iraq based on neocon lies.
    • The American people deserve to know when we are going to war and MUST give you permission through their representatives in Congress!
    • Emphasis on Pakistan just means the war going to be expanded!
    • Emphasis on military alliance with India may well lead to more vicious war between nuclear states Pakistan and India. Smart?
    • Terrorism is one thing, but what about massive collateral damage? Killing civilians creates more terrorism. Round and round we go.
    • Shorter Trump: "Afghanistan: give us your minerals!"
    • Nothing new. More of the same. Obama was wrong. This is NOT the good war. Sooner we get out the better.
    • More killing is not the road to peace.
    • The emphasis on the "grave danger" of terrorism is greatly exaggerated. But more intervention surely creates more terrorism.
    • How many Americans are really sitting around worrying about an Afghan terrorist coming over and killing them?
    • So many of our problems are self-inflicted by a deeply flawed foreign policy. US troops - and the family members - suffer the consequences.
    • Big issue of the night: US expanding the war into Pakistan. Could precipitate more conflict between nuclear India and Pakistan.
    • If Americans are tired of 16 year war, how will they feel about another decade or two? When will they wake up?
    • Our ultimately "hasty" departure from Vietnam finally ended a lot of grief. Even if it came way too late.
    • Beware! @LindseyGrahamSC loves Trump's speech! Why are arch-neocons celebrating so much? Very telling!
    • There's nothing hasty about ending America's longest war. @potuS bowed to military-industrial establishment; doubled down on perpetual war.

More at: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...t-neocon-trump

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast