Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Trump Monday Prime Time Address: Afghan Strategy

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I predict a major thaw in MSM-Trump relations, now that he has come out of the closet as the Orange Neocon.

And Ender, you'll note I didn't say we found him alive. I just said we found him in Pakistan.
    Whatever they "found" wasn't OBL. Always wondered what they dumped in the ocean.
    There is no spoon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-...day-1503262674

President Donald Trump will give a nationally televised address Monday night to unveil his strategy for the long-running war in Afghanistan, the White House said, a plan expected to include sending as many as 4,000 more troops to the country.

He’ll deliver the prime-time speech from Fort Myer in Arlington, Va., using the same sort of high-profile stage that his predecessor, Barack Obama, employed in laying out a new approach to the war in 2009. Mr. Obama delivered his speech before a national television audience at the U.S. Military Academy in West Point, N.Y., promising at the time to “bring this war to a successful conclusion.”

I'm sure I'll be disappointed.
    Yep, diappointed.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-vow...025336264.html

After years of calling for a U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan, President Trump tried late Monday to rally the country behind an open-ended commitment to plunging as many as 4,000 additional U.S. troops into what is now America’s longest war.

Trump acknowledged that Americans are “weary of war without victory” nearly 16 years after the conflict began. He promised that he shared their frustrations — even as he overrode them with imperatives he said he learned after taking office.

But “a hasty withdrawal would create a vacuum [that] terrorists, including ISIS and al-Qaida, would instantly fill,” giving them room to plot attacks like the Sept. 11, 2001, strikes, the president said.

So, perpetual war. Logically then, any place we invade/attack we cannot leave as a vacuum would be filled.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

I'm watching this thinking - this is the justification for the police state at home.
    1) The feds already have our information from spying on us
    2) The feds send the military to kill anyone they dislike, disagree with, or feel threatened by
    3) The feds claim it was a mistake (the military shot the wrong person when going after a suspected terrorist in America), which is now believable, because the military operates in secret - 'it was an accident' much like those police headlines I see on here all the time

The final move comes when 3) ceases to exist or become necessary, leaving only 1) and 2).

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Develop stronger military relation with India. Demand Pakistan does more.

More "tools of engagement" to the military. "No place is out of reach of American military".

Wants more money and troops from allies.

Wants Afghanistan to offer US money to help pay for US forces from their resources? Will help them rebuild so they can "pay us back".
    I erpt in my throat.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Afghans will secure and govern their own nation. We will develop commercial interests to defray our costs.

In other words, we'll set up Afghani stooges to let us raid their natural resources, and we'll help them tax the $#@! out of their goat herders.
    Can you say Iran 1970's?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Four word summary? "More of the same."

"I have a plan".
    Yeah, sounds like the times I got drunk with my buddies. Something terrible always starts with one of us saying "I have a great idea".

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdsubball23 View Post
    Do you have any sources for your conclusions?
    Why do you think the Soviets were keen on holding Afghanistan?

Also, by May of '01, the Taliban had eradicated poppy production. The Times still have an article from the period corroborating this fact. The Talib(an) were almost successful in subduing the plundering, "mujahedin" warlords, to bring about a united, Islamic Afghanistan, as the anti-bolshevik traditionalists had asked for. Then we stepped in, and the warlords became the moderate opposition. By securing and aiding the frontier warlords, we sponsor the plundering and sectarian wars. If we left Afghanistan to another strongman in the Taliban, they could pacify the country again, but Afghanistan will never be secure as long as we stay, but that's why we stay - we don't want security, we want hell on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    On the bright side, now he'll own it. Somehow Obama got away without ever really owning the disaster. The anti-war left is sure to wake up now. It's been a long coma.
    He talked about a tight lid on both information and public debates. Keeping Congress out of the loop and/or less informed. Censorship.
    Last edited by Aratus; 08-21-2017 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    In Angry Tweetstorm, Ron Paul Lashes Out At "Neocon" Trump

Below is a chronological rundown of Ron Paul's progressively angier tweets, as he was live commenting on Trump's speech:

• Hoping for the best in tonight's @realDonaldTrump speech but fearful that foreign intervention is only going to get worse. #Afghanistan
    • Steve Bannon brakes removed. Neocons feeling their oats.
    • The military personnel are the victims of bad foreign policy.
    • Sad that these wars the politicians argue for are unconstitutional yet we are told we are over there defending the Constitution.
    • Mr. President it's too bad you do not follow your instincts.
    • Planned in Afghanistan? What about Saudi Arabia??
    • What's wrong with rapid exit? We just marched in we can just march out.
    • So far very discouraging. Sounds like pure neocon foreign policy.
    • The promoters of war win. The American people lose. #Afghanistan
    • Remember: there was no al-Qaeda until our foolish invasion of Iraq based on neocon lies.
    • The American people deserve to know when we are going to war and MUST give you permission through their representatives in Congress!
    • Emphasis on Pakistan just means the war going to be expanded!
    • Emphasis on military alliance with India may well lead to more vicious war between nuclear states Pakistan and India. Smart?
    • Terrorism is one thing, but what about massive collateral damage? Killing civilians creates more terrorism. Round and round we go.
    • Shorter Trump: "Afghanistan: give us your minerals!"
    • Nothing new. More of the same. Obama was wrong. This is NOT the good war. Sooner we get out the better.
    • More killing is not the road to peace.
    • The emphasis on the "grave danger" of terrorism is greatly exaggerated. But more intervention surely creates more terrorism.
    • How many Americans are really sitting around worrying about an Afghan terrorist coming over and killing them?
    • So many of our problems are self-inflicted by a deeply flawed foreign policy. US troops - and the family members - suffer the consequences.
    • Big issue of the night: US expanding the war into Pakistan. Could precipitate more conflict between nuclear India and Pakistan.
    • If Americans are tired of 16 year war, how will they feel about another decade or two? When will they wake up?
    • Our ultimately "hasty" departure from Vietnam finally ended a lot of grief. Even if it came way too late.
    • Beware! @LindseyGrahamSC loves Trump's speech! Why are arch-neocons celebrating so much? Very telling!
    • There's nothing hasty about ending America's longest war. @potuS bowed to military-industrial establishment; doubled down on perpetual war.

More at: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...t-neocon-trump
    dang

Breitbart vs. Trump is underway

Steve Bannon brakes removed. Neocons feeling their oats.
    Wait, I thought he was a NAZI prick and we were supposed to be happy he got thrown out on his ear.

And Ron Paul is speaking in favor of him?

I'm so confused.

Quote Originally Posted by milgram View Post
    Breitbart vs. Trump is underway

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Any other comments about this speech?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's twin rivers of opium and heroin and non-central banked cash.

The "deep state" loves that, uses it to fund any number of "black" ops all around the globe.

You $#@! with that, you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    There's twin rivers of opium and heroin and non-central banked cash.

The "deep state" loves that, uses it to fund any number of "black" ops all around the globe.

You $#@! with that, you die.
    If it weren't tragic it would be comic the way the leftist druggie morons never realize they are funding FASCISM.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 08-22-2017 at 12:12 AM.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    wtf I only logged on to read danno comments I'm really disappointed this is BS
    lol, me too. I just want to see the excuses he makes this time.

Where are the cucks in this thread?

The deep state is soooo getting it's ass kicked by 24D Trump chess, eh dannno?

On a global level, Americans are officially the NWO military. The designated population that goes wherever the globalists want in order to bring "non-compliance" into "compliance". They don't even care anymore whether their decrees make any sense whatsoever.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Any other comments about this speech?
    "The Patriarch"

Maybe now the media will attack him for it, and maybe he will then get us out.
    acptulsa already addressed this but the media loves war. they will forget they hate him altogether if the body count escalates.
    "The Patriarch"

"The Patriarch"

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is Trump still an outsider?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by sdsubball23 View Post
    Do you have any sources for your conclusions?
    I just love it when cybernetics at foggy bottom 'checks in" and throws out 'benign' chunks of raw meat into our threads.

So... sdsubball... how you been? Why don't you post a link to your FB page so we can see how 'active' you've been?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Wait, I thought he was a NAZI prick and we were supposed to be happy he got thrown out on his ear.

And Ron Paul is speaking in favor of him?

I'm so confused.
    Bannon served as a counter balance to the Neocons......doesnt mean people have to like Bannon on a personal level. i dont like wife beating alcoholics myself.
    If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

Prime Time Address: Afghan Strategy
    Absotively posilutety no surprises here... I think anyone here could've predicted this.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

the only way to end this bs in the middle east is to start the draft again , get some neocons/chicken hawks children/grandchildren over and we will see a quick end to this crazy crap , this bs over there will still be going on when trumps grandchildren are 17 yrs old , then they can go over there .

trump is finding out who runs this country and its not him .

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    Bannon served as a counter balance to the Neocons......doesnt mean people have to like Bannon on a personal level. i dont like wife beating alcoholics myself.
    You know- the problem with Bannon is he is a wolf in sheeps clothes to begin with when it comes to foreign policy- he has always been a neocon-

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    The people I saw bashing him mentioned nothing about his personal life.

Here we go...

People's Daily,China
    Pakistan to firmly support China on core interests: Pakistani Foreign Secretary
    http://en.people.cn/n3/2017/0822/c90883-9258287.html

Pakistan to firmly support China on core interests: foreign secretary
    (Xinhua) 08:19, August 22, 2017

=========

Asfandyar Bhittani
    Pakistan should promptly:

Block NATO supply lines
    Ban US funded NGOs/Media
    Work with Russia/Iran/China on Afghanistan

#PakistanRejectsTrump
    Last edited by goldenequity; 08-22-2017 at 09:19 AM.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast