Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bannon, basically: Trump’s campaign was a fraud

Bannon, basically: Trump’s campaign was a fraud

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.215fc72b0a16

Trump has already backed off on executing many campaign promises. But a president has a hard time changing any policy without any help from Congress. But Trump is Trump and does not care what anybody else thinks about things.

Stephen K. Bannon says he will be “covering” for President Trump on the outside, but the former White House chief strategist made a breathtakingly candid admission in the hours after his exit on Friday.

The Trump presidency that we fought for, and won, is over,” Bannon told the Weekly Standard. “We still have a huge movement, and we will make something of this Trump presidency. But that presidency is over. It’ll be something else. And there’ll be all kinds of fights, and there’ll be good days and bad days, but that presidency is over.”

What, exactly, did Bannon mean? Well, he got specific:

“I just think his ability to get anything done — particularly the bigger things, like the wall, the bigger, broader things that we fought for, it’s just going to be that much harder,” Bannon said of Trump.

And what will be the effect of the remaining White House advisers on Trump?

“I think they’re going to try to moderate him,” Bannon said. “I think he’ll sign a clean debt ceiling; I think you’ll see all this stuff. His natural tendency — and I think you saw it this week on Charlottesville — his actual default position is the position of his base, the position that got him elected. I think you’re going to see a lot of constraints on that. I think it’ll be much more conventional.

The line about Trump's “natural tendency” is exactly what Bannon meant about covering for the president. When Trump fails to deliver something he promised, as a candidate, Bannon will assure the faithful that their president's heart was in the right place but that the swamp got in his way.

But the bigger takeaway here is that Bannon believes Trump will fail. The wall? Probably not going to happen. Sweeping tax cuts? Bannon predicted “they’ll do a very standard Republican version of taxes.” Repealing Obamacare? Please. Bannon called the GOP plan that Trump backed “a half-hearted attempt at Obamacare reform.

That's right — “reform.” Bannon wouldn't even call it a repeal effort.

The short translation is that Trump's campaign was a fraud. The ideas that Trump sold and his supporters bought are unlikely to turn into actions, according to Bannon.

It sounds like Bannon, who will return to Breitbart News, will pin the blame on everyone around the president, rather than the man himself. The question is whether the voters who put Trump in the Oval Office will be so charitable.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-19-2017 at 01:18 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A politician not fulfilling campaign promises? Say it ain't so!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    A politician not fulfilling campaign promises? Say it ain't so!
    Sometimes reality gets in the way of ideals. Politicians are all salesmen and their goal is to close the deal- promise what it takes to get that done. And Trump is an excellent sales person. Not as good on the customer service end. That is somebody else's problem.

Only one of the many, many news outlets which picked that story up had the news faking audacity to interpret Bannon's words as indicating Bannon considers Trump not a failure, but a fraud--the Washington ComPost.

And which headline does Zippy choose for our consumption...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Only one of the many, many news outlets which picked that story up had the news faking audacity to interpret Bannon's words as indicating Bannon considers Trump not a failure, but a fraud--the Washington ComPost.

And which headline does Zippy choose for our consumption...?
    You are right. Bannon said things are going amazing for Trump- that he is achieving all of his goals he set out to achieve.

The Trump presidency that we fought for, and won, is over,” Bannon told the Weekly Standard. “We still have a huge movement, and we will make something of this Trump presidency. But that presidency is over. It’ll be something else.

His camapaign cleverly exploited the political situation that was created after 8 years of DGP's race card plays and certainly there were many populist messages not fully grounded in reality. But since everything is relative, he may still end up being an improvement in the end at the end of his term. He was lucky to follow such a poor puppet that many people seemed willing to give him benefit of the doubt. There was no way Trump could lose to SWCs Obama-Hillary cabal in 2016.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6514398

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    You are right. Bannon said things are going amazing for Trump- that he is achieving all of his goals he set out to achieve.
    I'm right that the Compost overreached with that headline inferring a fraudulent intent was implied in Bannon's declaration of failure, that you were drawn to it like a moth to a flame, or both?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-19-2017 at 01:37 PM.

I'm right that the Compost overreached with that headline inferring a fraudulent intent was implied in Bannon's declaration of failure, that you were drawn to it like a moth to a flame, or both?
    Headline is correct conclusion but this has less to do with internal whitehouse disputes like the misinformation stream media says and more to do with geopolitics. They are doing NAFTA negotiations this week. This is a clear re-commitment to NAFTA, I think if they would of got rid of Cohn though it would of sent the opposite message.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Headline is correct conclusion but this has less to do with internal whitehouse disputes like the misinformation stream media says and more to do with geopolitics. They are doing NAFTA negotiations this week. This is a clear re-commitment to NAFTA, I think if they would of got rid of Cohn though it would of sent the opposite message.
    Trump "walked away" from the TPP which was never ratified so he walked away from something we were never part of- ie. he did nothing there. NAFTA is going to straighten out some details but won't be a major modification or an ending of the agreement. Repeal and Replace Obamacare died quickly though they may make some minor modifications at a later date. He shut down the group which was supposed to help him plan his $1 trillion infrastructure program so that is probably dead. All the various factions and lobbies will make passing tax reform in the fall difficult. With a Republican House and Senate it should be easy to pass legislation but while the party agrees on some basic goals, they have serious disagreements on the details which will make getting things passed difficult- as we saw on Obamacare. Opposition to Obama was easy. Uniting to get things done when they are in power is much more difficult.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-19-2017 at 03:01 PM.

Headline is correct conclusion...
    Wouldn't be surprised. But the ComPost is not correct to say Bannon implied anything of the sort. They can't even have any way to know if Bannon believes that or not.

Trump "walked away" from the TPP which was never ratified so he walked away from something we were never part of- ie. he did nothing there. NAFTA is going to straighten out some details but won't be a major modification or an ending of the agreement. Repeal and Replace Obamacare died quickly though they may make some minor modifications at a later date. He shut down the group which was supposed to help him plan his $1 trillion infrastructure program.
    Like Rand said in the debate TPP was always about containing China because they were cooking their books. When their currency was supposed to crash they paraded their nukes on CCTV. The crash Ron Paul warned about was staved off by MAD. This is why NK rushed to build nukes and the banksters want to make an example of any country that wants to become a part of the MAD club.

Like Rand said in the debate TPP was always about containing China because they were poking the banksters by cooking their books. When their currency was supposed to crash they paraded their nukes on CCTV. The crash Ron Paul warned about was staved off by MAD. This is why NK rushed to build nukes and the banksters want to make an example of any country that wants to become a part of the MAD club.
    TPP would have constrained China more than us.

He shut down the group which was supposed to help him plan his $1 trillion infrastructure program so that is probably dead.
    The last one out of the room usually does turn off the lights. But the information I saw was the group itself all fled for fear of being doxxed.

Wouldn't be surprised. But the ComPost is not correct to say Bannon implied anything of the sort. They can't even have any way to know if Bannon believes that or not.
    Bannon did say Trump's presidency is over- as far as a fraud, I've always though Trump talked out of both sides of his mouth- you know, the art of the deal.
    There is no spoon.

The last one out of the room usually does turn off the lights. But the information I saw was the group itself all fled for fear of being doxxed.
    That was the Business Advisory Group- they were leaving in droves this week. This was a separate group. It was supposed to be the topic of discussion before Trump went off script and got into the Charlotville Protests. He had a huge, beautiful chart all ready to go.

[IMG]https://********************************/2017/04/afp_n943j_142132953.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&strip =all[/IMG]
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-19-2017 at 03:14 PM.

TPP would have constrained China more than us.
    It was more about the huge Chinese investment in America, its kind of like diversifying your investments when you know one could crash. We kind of bailed them out that's why the west is so gung ho about ramping up our foreign policy. The American empire uses China to launder their blood money and think they have an IOU from China.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That was the Business Advisory Group- they were leaving in droves this week. This was a separate group. It was supposed to be the topic of discussion before Trump went off script and got into the Charlotville Protests. He had a huge, beautiful chart all ready to go.
    You should straighten cnbc out then. They're saying it was both groups.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/16/here...-councils.html

You should straighten cnbc out then. They're saying it was both groups.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/16/here...-councils.html
    This is yet another group. this one was actually still in the process of being formed- though defections from those probably encouraged Trump to end it. http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/17/politi...ure/index.html

Trump ends plans for his Council on Infrastructure

President Donald Trump has ended plans for an Advisory Council on Infrastructure, according to a White House official, ending a panel that was created by an executive order the President signed in July.

The move comes a day after Trump disbanded two other councils -- the Manufacturing Council and the Strategy & Policy Forum -- after business leaders, CEOs and union leaders began fleeing the groups in response to the President blaming "both sides" for violence in Charlottesville, Virginia. The councils were largely undermined by the departures but Trump tweeted that he was disbanding the panels rather than pressuring business leaders to stay.

Trump's infrastructure council was still being formed but the President decided to end the process, the official said. No reason was given.

"The President has announced the end of the Manufacturing Council and the Strategy & Policy Forum. In addition, the President's Advisory Council on Infrastructure, which was still being formed, will not move forward," the official said.
    The council, per the order, would "study the scope and effectiveness of, and make findings and recommendations to the President regarding, federal government funding, support, and delivery of infrastructure projects in several sectors, including surface transportation, aviation, ports and waterways, water resources, renewable energy generation, electricity transmission, broadband, pipelines, and other such sectors as determined by the Council."

Trump promised during the campaign to pass a wholesale infrastructure reform bill as President, but that priority has largely fallen on the back-burner in the White House and on Capitol Hill, where attempts to pass health care and tax reform have been the primary focus.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-19-2017 at 03:28 PM.

Bannon, basically: Trump’s campaign was a fraud

LOL. Bannon did not say any such thing.

There is a disturbing trend that I've noticed being on the uptick for awhile. The trend is taking what people say and then pretending that your own interpretation is what they uttered. You, Zipper John, have actually done this, even going so far as the put words in quotation marks that no one ever uttered.

Perhaps you should reserve these inflammatory words for yourself. Your deception here really has hit a new low.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Sometimes reality gets in the way of ideals. Politicians are all salesmen and their goal is to close the deal- promise what it takes to get that done. And Trump is an excellent sales person. Not as good on the customer service end. That is somebody else's problem.
    This isn't about customer service in any sense. It literally means he can't get the GOP to adopt his positions so he's cutting deals.

And from the original article:
    His natural tendency — and I think you saw it this week on Charlottesville — his actual default position is the position of his base, the position that got him elected. I think you’re going to see a lot of constraints on that
    Contrary to what you titled your post, this indicates his campaign wasn't a fraud. The rest of the GOP is still mired in their muck, but apparently Trump believes what Trump said.
    Last edited by angelatc; 08-19-2017 at 05:09 PM.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

It sounds like Bannon, who will return to Breitbart News, will pin the blame on everyone around the president, rather than the man himself.
    They've been doing that from day 1.

The question is whether the voters who put Trump in the Oval Office will be so charitable.
    "Gullible" would be more apt, but, in any event, yes, Trump's base will gobble up any nonsense they're fed.

The much larger, floating middle of the GOP will hopefully wise up (already have to some extent, see approval numbers).

Ohio Gang? Anyone?
    "I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever." - Founding Father Thomas Jefferson

Not a fraud, he cant fulfill any campaign promises because nearly all the politicians, and corporate owned media as well, have aligned against him and blocking him at every turn.

That's how I know he is the real deal. Buffoonish, I admit, but if he were really as evil as he is made out to be, he wouldn't be made out to be that way.
    Summum Jus, Summa Iniuria - More Law, Less Justice

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    The much larger, floating middle of the GOP will hopefully wise up (already have to some extent, see approval numbers).
    Yes, and go back to the warmongering, murderous Bush family, or someone like them. Very wise of 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    LOL. Bannon did not say any such thing.

There is a disturbing trend that I've noticed being on the uptick for awhile.
    Ive read several stories this weekend making it appear that Bannon and Trump are now at odds, or that Bannon had "declared war" on Trump. When I watched video of what Bannon actually said I realized these stories were shameless lies.

I suspect its being done to drive a wedge between Breitbarters and Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
    Yes, and go back to the warmongering, murderous Bush family, or someone like them. Very wise of 'em.
    If libertarians don't offer them a good alternative, that's what will happen, yes.

The thing is is (), we were beating the Bushites like a drum before nationalism reared its ugly head.

I'm confident that with Trump out, embarrassed, and his movement in tatters, we'll do so again.

The Swamp won.

Color me shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    If libertarians don't offer them a good alternative, that's what will happen, yes.

The thing is is (), we were beating the Bushites like a drum before nationalism reared its ugly head.
    You were?

I'm confident that with Trump out, embarrassed, and his movement in tatters, we'll do so again.
    Libertarians would be better off working within Trump's coalition to accomplish libertarian goals than jumping in with leftist socialists and crony capitalists neocons of the Est. GOP. That's like siding with the sharks to drown the lifeguard who kicked a little sand in your face when you were on the beach.

And whats the problem with nationalism?

[IMG]https://********************************/2017/04/afp_n943j_142132953.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&strip =all[/IMG]
    A) Trump was 100% right about Charlottesville, he blamed both sides, I'm thrilled to hear a president do that.

B) He is probably better off without this "advisory group" of corporate vultures with their hands out, wanting special deals in exchange for "good economic news" photo ops and all. Just be happy they are gone.
    Last edited by JustinTime; 08-20-2017 at 03:54 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast