Thread: "Any Jew, anywhere, who does not act to oppose...Trump...acts in favor of anti-semitism."

"Any Jew, anywhere, who does not act to oppose...Trump...acts in favor of anti-semitism."

Summary: A Jewish Pulitzer Prize winning writer, Michael Chabon, calls for all Jews, everywhere, to oppose Donald Trump. Weekly publication Jewish Journal responds with opposition.

Link to full pieces follow, but below are excerpts. I will say however, that both pieces are really worth the read.

Michael Chabon:

We know that, up to now, some of you have made an effort to reserve judgment on the question of whether or not President Donald Trump is an anti-Semite, and to give him the benefit of the doubt. Some of you voted for him last November. Some of you have found employment in his service, or have involved yourself with him in private business deals, or in diplomatic ties.

You have counted carefully as each appointment to his administration of a white supremacist, anti-Semite, neo-Nazi or crypto-fascist appeared to be counterbalanced by the appointment of a fellow Jew, and reassured yourself that the most troubling of those hires would be cumulatively outweighed by the presence, in his own family and circle of closest advisors, of a Jewish son-in-law and daughter.

Any Jew, anywhere, who does not act to oppose President Donald Trump and his administration acts in favor of anti-Semitism; any Jew who does not condemn the President, directly and by name, for his racism, white supremacism, intolerance and Jew hatred, condones all of those things.

To our fellow Jews, in North America, in Israel, and around the world: What side are you on?

Jewish Journal response:

The problem I have with such denunciations this. Even if the Chabons are 100 percent correct about Trump, their piece represents the opposite vice of Trumpian moral relativism about Charlottesville: I mean moral absolutism. No shades of gray, no nuance, no tolerance or benefit of the doubt for the other guy’s motives or predicament.

Moral absolutism comes too close to a form of totalitarianism: I am not comparing it to the Hitler-Stalin variety, of course. Rather the danger here is something akin to that of the all-virtuous Robespierre during French Revolution. He guillotined his fellow Jacobin revolutionaries over any deviations from his political opinions. It all did not end well for Maximilien Robespierre (himself guillotined in 1794) and the French—unless you are a big fan of Napoleon Bonaparte’s imperial dictatorship.

The French Jacobins devoured their own back then. We American Jews should not do the same today.

First piece (Chabon):
    https://extranewsfeed.com/to-our-fel...d-ff421a1d325d

Jewish Journal reply:
    http://jewishjournal.com/opinion/223...r-fellow-jews/
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All Christians would then support Trump?

If so, the math works for Trump.

Did you hear about how they're trying to make it a felony to encourage the boycott of Israel?

Hey, maybe his daughter will get divorced?

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    All Christians would then support Trump?

If so, the math works for Trump.
    Divide and conquer is the name of the game. How does the math work out when you can divide Catholics from mainline Protestants from Evangelicals from Mormons?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Im still trying to figure out what "jew" means in the 21st century....I mean the word itself comes from "Judah"....so are all tribes now claiming to be Jews? because Im pretty sure that according to the bible, only Benjamin tribe and Judah were "Jews" since they were the only two tribes that remained faithful to the covenant God made with abraham while the rest of the tribes split off to the northern kingdom during the book of Kings and 2nd kings....and also in the time of Jesus, the rest of the hebrews(one who crosses over) were israelites, but not all israelites were jews(super confusing I know). Paul said to the israelites that all were of israel but not all were jews...so im confused how anyone can actually determine what a jew is now days..especially if they aren't of the tribe of Benjamin or Judah , considering that was 2000 years ago and there have been multiple migrations since caused by war. This is why I myself no longer believe most people about their claim of being "Jew"..they might be a descendant of one of the tribes of israel, but how do you determine that now that there have been multiple diaspora ? -_- typical propaganda crap, and cultural ignorance.