Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CNN’s Angela Rye: Statues of Washington, Jefferson and Lee ‘All Need to Come Down’

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    So it's not the substance of what he's done that bothers you, it's the style.
    Policywise, Trump hasn't really done anything since taking office (i.e. he's just maintained the status quo).

PR-wise, he's done a lot: e.g., apropos to this thread, promoted and normalized nationalism.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The new American history: Thomas Jefferson and George Washington sailed to the Americas where they killed all the Chinese and enslaved the Blacks, then put Jews into ovens.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

The cartoon doesn't show Trump being a racist, it shows him fueling racist politics, and is therefore most apt.
    I can barely remember any instances of Trump talking about race. Especially compared to his predecessor, it's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I can barely remember any instances of Trump talking about race. Especially compared to his predecessor, it's not even close.
    His initial rise in the polls in the summer of 2015 was a result of him calling Mexicans rapists. The whole campaign from that moment on was based on themes of that kind: re Mexicans, Arabs, even Chinese to some extent (tl;dr all your problems are the result of foreigners). I don't know whether Trump is a racist (I doubt he really cares one way or another, as with other issues), but he certainly panders to them: and that's why the alt-righters/neo-NAZIs have gained so much ground in the last year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    All I care about is the truth. These statues mean very little to me. Now that the Russian lies have fizzled, deep state is playing their next card, the racist one. I have predicted for over 10 years now that race war will be the undoing of the United States. White people for too long didn't think race was the United State's biggest problem. Black people have always thought it was the biggest problem. So instead of dialogue, empty platitudes were offered.

It is too hard for white people not to see that defending confederate statues is white arrogance. It's just a statue, to a bunch of guys thought fought and died to keep black people as slaves. They were idiots then, they are idiots now. Abolitionists were the righteous, and the righteous were with the union. Every confederate statue should be replaced with statues of John Brown, Harriet Tubman, and all the other abolitionist unknown union soldiers who died for the cause of freeing the slaves. (and yes, I mean the abolitionists who joined the union army, for the sake of abolition), as well as jayhawks and others. They were the ones who truly risked their lives for the righteous cause, which was ending slavery. Every one of these people, whose lives were ended by the musket ball or cannon of a confederate are an injustice.

I have no pity for any confederate soldier. At best they should have stayed out of the war.
    And then, after the Union was done forcing (muh states rights!) the south to treat black people like people, and lo and behold, some great black politicians came from the south, (and the race issue could have been solved then, in the 1870's) when it was under Union rule... ....once the Union gave the southern states their rights back, what did they do? Put down the black man... ...again.

But Americans are still too blind. They will defend these statues and that confederate flag, like they don't know what it represents to the "winners", who became the losers after the civil war losers got their "states rights" back.

So the agitation for divide and conquer has found its perfect home, in the destruction of confederate statues.
    This is how the deep state did in Ukraine as well. They had their neo-nazis go after Ukrainian soviet statues, and tear them down. This made the establishment/russian sympathizers/eastern ukrainians defend soviet statues, and therefore forced them to defend communism, which nobody in Ukraine really wanted to do, since Ukraine had a bad time with communism. Now the pro-russians are russian agents, and communists opposed to free trade with Europe... viola, nationalist Euro-maidan.

Same tactic being used here, oldest tactic in the book. Divide and conquer. By forcing white people and a smattering of others to defend confederate statues, they are forcing them to defend white racism. It is a losing proposition.

However....

I used to marvel at the genius of Putin. I used to wish the US had a leader as politically shrewd as he is.

Now we have Donald J. Trump. He is very different from Putin. Putin is methodical and political, trained in KGB political magic. Trump is evolved in the cauldron of New York back-knifing. By now, how Trump fights is pure instinct. If they ever even corner him, they will find him ten times more dangerous than he is now. I don't think they ever will corner him though. He is that good... ...and he has an army of fervent volunteers behind him.

And Trump does one thing by nature, and that is win. He knows the game being played right now. He will counter, and it will be a slow poison drip that the left will not even know they are infected with until it is too late. The beauty of this poison, is while the left focuses on the new found strength in its voice, the poison is in their knees. They will feel more and more bold in their voice, until their knees suddenly give, and they realize: they can't cash the checks their mouths were writing. They will be on the ground begging for their literal lives, and nobody likes beggars.

We have their playbook. And in usual deep state arrogance, they think they don't need to be sneaky, because they have the best technology. Time and time again, they have ignored reality. This will be the last time.

Says you. *yawn*

Yes, mmm hmmm. I see, and maybe a better use of negative space. And I would have chosen fuscia or perriwinkle. Also, I think it would be best to have trumps head in the lower right qudrant blowing left, since Americans see left as backwards. Perhaps have a poem from Mayou Angelo beneath. Make the waters stormier too. And mayeb some clouds in the sky. Instead of chalk, they should.....

...seriously, nobody cares what you think.
    "Abolitionists were the righteous, and the righteous were with the union." - From your post

So by this reasoning, where does Wounded Knee and the numerous atrocities that followed ( as well as theft of land and broken promises ) fit under this idea ?

Also, pretty sure Lysander Spooner was not with the union . . .

sorry, but it seems a far too simple and dangerous assessment, IMO
    Last edited by Dark_Horse_Rider; 08-18-2017 at 05:20 PM.

Robert E Lee Elementary in Baton Rouge is looking for a name change. They asked the kids, here are the nominees:
    http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local...29799454-story

Donald J. Trump Elementary: 45 nominations
    Robert E. Lee Elementary: 34 nominations
    Russell Lee Elementary: 32 nominations
    Harper Lee Elementary: 30 nominations
    Elisabet Ney Elementary: 15 nominations

some runner ups:

Idiocaracy Elementary (Yes Idiocracy is misspelled. Not sure if that is intentional.)
    John Cena Elementary School
    Drew Brees Elementary
    Bruce Lee Elementary
    Adolf Hitler School for Friendship and Tolerance (With 8 nominations.)
    Schoolie Mcschoolface
    I like Schoolie McSchoolface lol
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

His initial rise in the polls in the summer of 2015 was a result of him calling Mexicans rapists.
    Fake news.

He said that Mexico was sending their criminals and their rapists, and the Mexican government was actively sending ex-cons to the US at the time. That is what he was referencing. There were articles about it that had recently come out about it. So Donald Trump was correct, not racist.

The fact that you cannot pick out the most obvious and basic fake news tells me that you aren't a good person to look to for advice about current political events.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

So in your world, Trump didn't win the first few primaries he won by promising to put thirty million back to work by deporting three million illegal aliens?

Oh, yeah, and by building a trillion dollar wall for free which isn't getting built and which Mexico can't afford anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Robert E Lee Elementary in Baton Rouge is looking for a name change. They asked the kids, here are the nominees:

+++

some runner ups:

Idiocaracy Elementary (Yes Idiocracy is misspelled. Not sure if that is intentional.)
    John Cena Elementary School
    Drew Brees Elementary
    Bruce Lee Elementary
    Adolf Hitler School for Friendship and Tolerance (With 8 nominations.)
    Schoolie Mcschoolface

The majic is back in Ba-tahn Rooj! Those crazy kids!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

@Trumpcuck @dannno

Quote Originally Posted by Trump, June 16, 2015
    They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people
    That means most immigrants are rapists (contra "some" who are "good people).

Does Trump actually believe that? Who knows (he is very thick, of course...).

Did he say it to win the nationalists to his side? Probably (if there was any strategy behind the statement, this would have been it).

Did it have that effect? Definitely (he led the polls a month later, after doubling down on this theme)

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Policywise, Trump hasn't really done anything since taking office (i.e. he's just maintained the status quo).

PR-wise, he's done a lot: e.g., apropos to this thread, promoted and normalized nationalism.
    Seems like credit should be given when it is due.

http://reason.com/archives/2017/05/16/the-deregulator
    http://www.politico.com/agenda/story...lowdown-000446
    http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...t-at-what-cost
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ama-era-rules/
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/07/b...epartment.html

"Trump Administration, Reversing Trend, Sheds 11,000 Federal Employees in Six Months"

"Not since 2013 have federal agencies slashed jobs on such a large scale. That was when sequestration, triggered by the 2011 Budget Control Act, forced agencies to take drastic measures to cut costs. Agencies shed nearly 57,000 jobs that year, the largest drop off in any single year since 1997. "
    http://www.govexec.com/pay-benefits/...months/140025/
    https://infogram.com/federal-jobs-ad...g4qpzl4vv0521y
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 08-18-2017 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Trivial

Let me know when Trump's presidency is visible on either of these charts:

@Trumpcuck @dannno

That means most immigrants are rapists (contra "some" who are "good people).

Does Trump actually believe that? Who knows (he is very thick, of course...).

Did he say it to win the nationalists to his side? Probably (if there was any strategy behind the statement, this would have been it).

Did it have that effect? Definitely (he led the polls a month later, after doubling down on this theme)
    Why did you mispell what he said? Oh ya.. because YOU ARE FAKE NEWS

He said they are sending their rapists.. he did not say they're rapists... and even if he did mean they are rapists, he was referring to the criminals the Mexican government was sending.

Seriously, what the $#@! is wrong with you?
    Last edited by dannno; 08-18-2017 at 07:04 PM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

His initial rise in the polls in the summer of 2015 was a result of him calling Mexicans rapists.
    Wow. Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Wow. Ok.
    Ya I'm really sick of blatent MSM propaganda being propagated on this forum..

In the other thread we have rpfocus excusing leftist political violence, I think that is borderline against the forum guidelines.

@Trumpcuck @dannno

No, he was referring to immigrants, as any non-Trumpcuck with a triple digit IQ can plainly see.

@Madison320

What is it you find incredible? That Trump said Mexicans are rapists, or that such rhetoric propelled his campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    ...you $#@!in nut.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    ...I think that is borderline against the forum guidelines.
    Me too.

And that was just for posting an Ahnowd Schwahtzeneggah vid.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-18-2017 at 07:29 PM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

His initial rise in the polls in the summer of 2015 was a result of him calling Mexicans rapists. The whole campaign from that moment on was based on themes of that kind: re Mexicans, Arabs, even Chinese to some extent (tl;dr all your problems are the result of foreigners). I don't know whether Trump is a racist (I doubt he really cares one way or another, as with other issues), but he certainly panders to them: and that's why the alt-righters/neo-NAZIs have gained so much ground in the last year or so.
    You've forgotten the whole Don Black thing.

Now, what if Mexican illegals really did have a higher rate of rapes directly attributed to them?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You've forgotten the whole Don Black thing.
    Was there some news event about him during the primary that I forget, or do you just mean the existence of Stormfront/KKK in general?

Now, what if Mexican illegals really did have a higher rate of rapes directly attributed to them?
    If you're asking whether Nazism would thereby be justified, or its recent rise made less problematic, negative.

Was there some news event about him during the primary that I forget, or do you just mean the existence of Stormfront/KKK in general?
    You don't recall that Don Black, notorious NAZI, founder of StormFront, donated money to the Paul campaign?

$500 IIRC.

And that Paul refused to return the money or denounce him sufficiently (or so the howling AntiFa mob of the time said), thereby tainting Paul as an alleged NAZI as well?

This was in 2007.

If you're asking whether Nazism would thereby be justified, or its recent rise made less problematic, negative.
    I am asking if this is a racist statement:

"After studying crime data, it has become clear that Mexican illegal immigrants have been found to commit a higher proportion of rapes than the general population as a whole"
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-18-2017 at 07:53 PM.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

You don't recall that Don Black, notorious NAZI, donated money to the Paul campaign?

And that Paul refused to return the money or denounce him sufficiently, thereby tainting Paul as an alleged NAZI as well?

This was in 2007.

"After studying crime data, it has become clear that Mexican illegal immigrants have been found to commit a higher proportion of rapes than the general population as a whole"
    Stats can't be racist. Or rape trees for that matter.

You don't recall that Don Black, notorious NAZI, donated money to the Paul campaign?

And that Paul refused to return the money or denounce him sufficiently, thereby tainting Paul as an alleged NAZI as well?

This was in 2007.
    Sure, I remember.

Does this relate somehow to the statement of mine you were responding to (i.e. Trump caused the recent NAZI resurgence)?

Surely you aren't saying that Ron refusing to give back a donation = Trump spewing anti-immigrant rhetoric non-stop for a year?

Of course not

Trivial

Let me know when Trump's presidency is visible on either of these charts
    SCOTUS appointment?

Pulling out of Paris Climate Accords?

Officially rolling back regulatory burdens on oil and gas production? (I'm in the business and we're getting murdered because what I produce needs a metric $#@! ton of technology and capital...land drilling and production is much cheaper especially under new rules from this administration. Or do you want to start paying $4 a gallon for gas again? It would put me back to work.)

EPA head appointment?

Rolling back individual mandate requirements of ObamaCare, as much as could be done via EO?

I've never been a Trump fan, all you have to do is look at my history.

I wrote in Ron Paul.

But credit where it is due, all of the above, from a limited government perspective, are good things.

Your hate is irrational and blinding you

SCOTUS appointment?
    Which has thus far resulted in which reductions in the size and scope of government?

Pulling out of Paris Climate Accords?
    Dead anyway
    Officially rolling back regulatory burdens on oil and gas production? (I'm in the business and we're getting murdered because what I produce needs a metric $#@! ton of technology and capital...land drilling and production is much cheaper especially under new rules from this administration. Or do you want to start paying $4 a gallon for gas again? It would put me back to work.)
    That falls under the trivial category.

You can find token deregulation like this in just about any administration.

EPA head appointment?
    Again, concrete results?

Rolling back individual mandate requirements of ObamaCare, as much as could be done via EO?
    ...while trying to push a garbage Obamacare Lite bill through Congress.

But credit where it is due, all of the above, from a limited government perspective, are good things.
    They are PR things to elicit reactions just such as yours, and which, in the long view, are not even a bump on the road to serfdom.

Which has thus far resulted in which reductions in the size and scope of government?
    Nope. But...

I, like you, hate to grovel like a good little serf and thank Massah Donald for greatly slowing the rate of growth of the Octopus. I want it stopped. Indeed, I want it rolled back. I want it to shrink. It has not yet done that. It hasn't even completely stopped growing.

That said, he has dialed things back more than any other administration in my lifetime. It hasn't stopped growing yet, so I can't say we 're pointed the right direction at last. But some credit is due for retarding the growth, and no one does his credibility service by petulantly refusing to give that modicum of due credit.

Ron Paul he ain't. But it turns out there was an appreciable difference between him and the Wicked Witch of the West after all. That doesn't mean the 7D Chess Crowd deserves a pass when they say he's only threatening to conquer Venezuela to prevent McCain from nuking them and painting the stripes. Just means he might prove to have been the slightly lesser evil after all.

The Titanic is still accelerating toward the iceberg. But at least it's no longer accelerating toward the iceberg at full throttle. It ain't worth popping a champagne cork over. But one isn't remiss to pop the top on a Miller High Life.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-18-2017 at 08:30 PM.

Sure, I remember.

Does this relate somehow to the statement of mine you were responding to (i.e. Trump caused the recent NAZI resurgence)?

Surely you aren't saying that Ron refusing to give back a donation = Trump spewing anti-immigrant rhetoric non-stop for a year?
    No, I am saying two things to rebut what you said:

A) No, NAZIS are not "gaining ground", they have always been here, in tiny numbers and for whatever reasons, they seem to like the limited government message we have.

B) The best course of action to address that was Ron's. Take their money, dismiss them as irrelevant and move on. Shrieking and raising hell and causing dissension and bad blood amongst the few of us that "we" have, serves no purpose, other to embolden the enemies of peace, liberty and limited government. This is the point I was trying to make in the other thread, this is the point that I am trying make with the pictures of those $#@! pseudo X-stians marching around Africa in slave collars with shirts that read "So Sorry": nothing you say or do will be enough. You and me and everybody here are already "tainted". To the random leftist mobs out there, you are as much a NAZI as a Trump supporter or Stormfronter. So am I. So is everybody else here.

You called me a "Vichy Libertarian" in another thread.

For $#@!'s sake don't you be a Quisling Libertarian.

Don't join the people hollering for our heads on a stick (and no, that's not hyperbole, there are plenty of people who want us, quite literally, dead).

There's no NAZIs here, and we all know it, nobody is annexing Canada, blitzing Mexico City or blitzkrieging Cuba for "living space" or shoving people into gas chambers or concentration camps.

I've said for years, and said it again just recently, that this country and it's people need to go our separate ways, there are irreconcilable differences between us.

I've said for years it would probably take a fight.

God in heaven help us all, it looks like it might be coming down to that.

We've got a short window for everybody in the country to back the $#@! off, shut the $#@! up and calm the $#@! down...I'm willing...I'll tone down the rhetoric from myself...and then maybe a discussion can start about how to go our ways in peace.

Please keep in mind that this has nothing at all to do with Trump or his policies or what he says or thinks.

This is me, Anti Federalist, making a public statement, that I'm willing to tone down and calm down and see if anybody can talk rationally here, here meaning not RPF but America, the place where, for better or worse, I live, and in many ways, love.

See if we can discuss what needs to happen, before somebody does something $#@!ing stupid and this whole mess blows up in our face.

Of course not
    Good, I'm glad you agree.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They are PR things to elicit reactions just such as yours, and which, in the long view, are not even a bump on the road to serfdom.
    I'm a tiny minority, who didn't vote for him or support him.

Most people want all those things.

If it's all a PR stunt he'd be doing the opposite of all those things.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    So it's not the substance of what he's done that bothers you, it's the style.
    No, it's the substance. revolution hates nationalism because he is a globalist. So he hates Trump.

You don't recall that Don Black, notorious NAZI, founder of StormFront, donated money to the Paul campaign?

$500 IIRC.

And that Paul refused to return the money or denounce him sufficiently (or so the howling AntiFa mob of the time said), thereby tainting Paul as an alleged NAZI as well?

This was in 2007.
    I remember that.
    Last edited by UWDude; 08-18-2017 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Ron Paul he ain't. But it turns out there was an appreciable difference between him and the Wicked Witch of the West after all. That doesn't mean the 7D Chess Crowd deserves a pass when they say he's only threatening to conquer Venezuela to prevent McCain from nuking them and painting the stripes. Just means he might prove to have been the slightly lesser evil after all.

The Titanic is still accelerating toward the iceberg. But at least it's no longer accelerating toward the iceberg at full throttle. It ain't worth popping a champagne cork over. But one isn't remiss to pop the top on a Miller High Life.
    And maybe, just maybe, if all the $#@!ing hysteria stopped, the constant drama and hiring and firing and revolving door like a god damn game show, maybe, just maybe, some real rollback of government could occur.

Rand has his ear, for $#@!'s sake, if all the screeching would cease maybe he could be heard.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast