Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CNN’s Angela Rye: Statues of Washington, Jefferson and Lee ‘All Need to Come Down’

CNN’s Angela Rye: Statues of Washington, Jefferson and Lee ‘All Need to Come Down’

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnns-ang...-to-come-down/
    https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb...ents-come-down

“The heart of the problem is the way many of us were taught American history. American history is not all glorious. I love John to death, I couldn’t disagree more about George Washington. George Washington was a slave owner. We need to call slave owners out for what they are. Whether we think they were protecting American freedom or not. He wasn’t protecting my freedom. I wasn’t someone – my ancestors weren’t deemed human beings to him. To me, I don’t care if it’s a George Washington statue or a Thomas Jefferson statue or a Robert E. Lee statue, they all need to come down…I’m calling out white supremacy for what it is. And sometimes, what it is, John, are blind spots. Sometimes what it is, is not acknowledging this country was built upon a very violent past that resulted in the death and the raping and the killing of my ancestors. I’m not going to allow us to say it’s okay for Robert E. Lee but not a George Washington. We need to call it what it is.”
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 08-17-2017 at 03:46 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My god... the great purge is really here.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Cue the media saying anyone who uses cash is racist in 3... 2... 1...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Nobody's teaching America is glorious in government schools, so she's full of $#@! from take off. I marvel how after a century and a half of emancipation, black ringleaders today want a return to protected class, free housing, and universal healthcare.

Freedom made colored folks to lazy to work fo' a livin'. They was a heep better off in slavery days. People gettin' worse all de time. Some dese days they's gon-a have to answer fo' their sins tho'. I's tellin 'em now but don't do no good. As fo' me I allus tries to live right; does what de Bible say do an' I's gon-a get rewarded fo it sho. I belongs to de Baptist church. Am de oldest member in our church.

Since I come to Mississippi I's been right here at dis place fifty-one years de 12th day November, 1937. I's allus farmed fo' a livin' an' has also bottomed chairs, made baskets an' built dirt chimneys. They ain't many folks my age what'll get far 'nuff off de ground to build a chimney. De Lord takes care o' me tho'. Heep o' folks I's worked fo' ain't never paid me but dats up to dem an' de Lord. They de one what'll have to give account fo dat. Christ say when ever we do de thin' right no evil shall rest upon you.
    - freed-man Henry Murray, 1937

Character and ethic, not nice feelings, are what people need.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Is she looking for a job in Trump administration?

She just regurgitated his talking point from press conf two days ago.
    Not really.

What Trump did was predict that these people are going to double down and become even more ridiculous. And what she's doing is deciding proving him right by becoming even more ridiculous is one hell of a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Sure is, and it's only getting started.

Now, is anybody gonna do anything about it, or just grovel and beg and apologize?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

New Hampshire GOP Headquarters Vandalized

========

New Orleans’ Joan Of Arc Statue Vandalized With ‘Take It Down’

======

Hit List: CNN Publishes Map of Confederate Monuments in U.S.

CNN posted a map on August 17 showing the location of approximately 1,500 Confederate monuments
    and/or official symbols in the U.S.
    New Yorker Cover Next Week Depicts Trump As A Klansman…

Last edited by goldenequity; 08-17-2017 at 06:21 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Now, is anybody gonna do anything about it, or just grovel and beg and apologize?
    Depends what you want done with it? They might purpose a brand new currency for example, to get rid of all of the racist currency.

The press is disgusting. And Republicans as a whole don't fight back. So many Republicans just want to be friends with these people.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Cue the media saying anyone who uses cash is racist in 3... 2... 1...
    Had a friend on FB that stated FRN's were racist and that anyone that had them should send them to him for proper disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    The press is disgusting. And Republicans as a whole don't fight back. So many Republicans just want to be friends with these people.

Quiet you, and get in line...

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Depends what you want done with it? They might purpose a brand new currency for example, to get rid of all of the racist currency.
    Not racist. Ebony and Ivory in perfect harmony....

tattoo'd on the forehead.

FDR, you're next, LOL

h/t @heavenlyboy34

The basic problem with this whole thing is that everyone's seeing it as they want to see it. For instance, libertarians think the NAZIs respect Lee or Jefferson for the same reasons we do; they don't. Take a poll; I'll bet the farm that these same people love FDR, or T. Roosevelt, or other, equally repugnant statists; it's not about liberty for them, it really is about race. They actually are what the MSM accuses them of being. That was, after all, the whole impetus for the modern alt-right: "you call us racists, fine we'lll be racists." And they are.

So...why do we (libertarians) care (about them)?

Very apt, except I might have made Trump a bellows, with the MIC, Wall Street, the DNC, etc, working him.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    The basic problem with this whole thing is that everyone's seeing it as they want to see it. For instance, libertarians think the NAZIs respect Lee or Jefferson for the same reasons we do; they don't. Take a poll; I'll bet the farm that these same people love FDR, or T. Roosevelt, or other, equally repugnant statists; it's not about liberty for them, it really is about race. They actually are what the MSM accuses them of being. That was, after all, the whole impetus for the modern alt-right: "you call us racists, fine we'lll be racists." And they are.

Racism, like any form of ignorance is a disease that can effect anybody. We should not let the left and right win with the us and them narratives. We should defend the first amendment the way we defend the second amendment, you can take it from my cold dead hands.

The basic problem with this whole thing is that everyone's seeing it as they want to see it. For instance, libertarians think the NAZIs respect Lee or Jefferson for the same reasons we do; they don't. So...why do we (libertarians) care (about them)?
    I don't like Robert E. Lee. I am indifferent about whether he has a statue up. He means nothing to me. That isn't the issue. The issue is this is nothing burger. The press didn't give this kind of coverage to Obama who didn't condemn Black Lives Matter and Occupy Wall Street. 10 police officers have been shot by Black Lives Matter goons. Only 1 person was killed by a white supremacist. Ferguson, Milwaukee, and Charlotte had extensive damage done by Black Lives Matter rioters, who rioted over nothing. All three of those shootings were legitimate situations for officers to use lethal force. The press gave the assassination attempt on Steve Scalise and Republican Congressmen by a Bernie goon only a few days of extensive coverage and it was nowhere near to the extent of this. And there was almost no talk of the violent left, which is multiples larger than the violent right.

The left is made up of violent animals. These white supremacists are a much smaller fraction of the right. I hear endlessly about Colin Kaepernick. The guy wore a shirt praising Fidel Castro. The press acts like you are racist if you don't support a Communist sympathizer. A white guy in a Hitler shirt would rightly never play again and no one would question in it.

Banned

Blog Entries
    All I care about is the truth. These statues mean very little to me. Now that the Russian lies have fizzled, deep state is playing their next card, the racist one. I have predicted for over 10 years now that race war will be the undoing of the United States. White people for too long didn't think race was the United State's biggest problem. Black people have always thought it was the biggest problem. So instead of dialogue, empty platitudes were offered.

It is too hard for white people not to see that defending confederate statues is white arrogance. It's just a statue, to a bunch of guys thought fought and died to keep black people as slaves. They were idiots then, they are idiots now. Abolitionists were the righteous, and the righteous were with the union. Every confederate statue should be replaced with statues of John Brown, Harriet Tubman, and all the other abolitionist unknown union soldiers who died for the cause of freeing the slaves. (and yes, I mean the abolitionists who joined the union army, for the sake of abolition), as well as jayhawks and others. They were the ones who truly risked their lives for the righteous cause, which was ending slavery. Every one of these people, whose lives were ended by the musket ball or cannon of a confederate are an injustice.

I have no pity for any confederate soldier. At best they should have stayed out of the war.
    And then, after the Union was done forcing (muh states rights!) the south to treat black people like people, and lo and behold, some great black politicians came from the south, (and the race issue could have been solved then, in the 1870's) when it was under Union rule... ....once the Union gave the southern states their rights back, what did they do? Put down the black man... ...again.

But Americans are still too blind. They will defend these statues and that confederate flag, like they don't know what it represents to the "winners", who became the losers after the civil war losers got their "states rights" back.

So the agitation for divide and conquer has found its perfect home, in the destruction of confederate statues.
    This is how the deep state did in Ukraine as well. They had their neo-nazis go after Ukrainian soviet statues, and tear them down. This made the establishment/russian sympathizers/eastern ukrainians defend soviet statues, and therefore forced them to defend communism, which nobody in Ukraine really wanted to do, since Ukraine had a bad time with communism. Now the pro-russians are russian agents, and communists opposed to free trade with Europe... viola, nationalist Euro-maidan.

Same tactic being used here, oldest tactic in the book. Divide and conquer. By forcing white people and a smattering of others to defend confederate statues, they are forcing them to defend white racism. It is a losing proposition.

However....

I used to marvel at the genius of Putin. I used to wish the US had a leader as politically shrewd as he is.

Now we have Donald J. Trump. He is very different from Putin. Putin is methodical and political, trained in KGB political magic. Trump is evolved in the cauldron of New York back-knifing. By now, how Trump fights is pure instinct. If they ever even corner him, they will find him ten times more dangerous than he is now. I don't think they ever will corner him though. He is that good... ...and he has an army of fervent volunteers behind him.

And Trump does one thing by nature, and that is win. He knows the game being played right now. He will counter, and it will be a slow poison drip that the left will not even know they are infected with until it is too late. The beauty of this poison, is while the left focuses on the new found strength in its voice, the poison is in their knees. They will feel more and more bold in their voice, until their knees suddenly give, and they realize: they can't cash the checks their mouths were writing. They will be on the ground begging for their literal lives, and nobody likes beggars.

We have their playbook. And in usual deep state arrogance, they think they don't need to be sneaky, because they have the best technology. Time and time again, they have ignored reality. This will be the last time.

Very apt,
    Says you. *yawn*

except I might have made Trump a bellows, with the MIC, Wall Street, the DNC, etc, working him.
    Yes, mmm hmmm. I see, and maybe a better use of negative space. And I would have chosen fuscia or perriwinkle. Also, I think it would be best to have trumps head in the lower right qudrant blowing left, since Americans see left as backwards. Perhaps have a poem from Mayou Angelo beneath. Make the waters stormier too. And mayeb some clouds in the sky. Instead of chalk, they should.....

...seriously, nobody cares what you think.
    Last edited by UWDude; 08-18-2017 at 01:08 AM.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Robert E Lee Elementary in Baton Rouge is looking for a name change. They asked the kids, here are the nominees:
    http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local...29799454-story

Donald J. Trump Elementary: 45 nominations
    Robert E. Lee Elementary: 34 nominations
    Russell Lee Elementary: 32 nominations
    Harper Lee Elementary: 30 nominations
    Elisabet Ney Elementary: 15 nominations

some runner ups:

Idiocaracy Elementary (Yes Idiocracy is misspelled. Not sure if that is intentional.)
    John Cena Elementary School
    Drew Brees Elementary
    Bruce Lee Elementary
    Adolf Hitler School for Friendship and Tolerance (With 8 nominations.)
    Schoolie Mcschoolface
    Last edited by UWDude; 08-18-2017 at 02:38 AM.

Hey rev. Those advocating for world government, such as yourself, do not fit in the libertarian slot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rev3 loving world government.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	5833
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    All I care about is the truth. These statues mean very little to me. Now that the Russian lies have fizzled, deep state is playing their next card, the racist one. I have predicted for over 10 years now that race war will be the undoing of the United States. White people for too long didn't think race was the United State's biggest problem. Black people have always thought it was the biggest problem. So instead of dialogue, empty platitudes were offered.

It is too hard for white people not to see that defending confederate statues is white arrogance. It's just a statue, to a bunch of guys thought fought and died to keep black people as slaves. They were idiots then, they are idiots now. Abolitionists were the righteous, and the righteous were with the union. Every confederate statue should be replaced with statues of John Brown, Harriet Tubman, and all the other abolitionist unknown union soldiers who died for the cause of freeing the slaves. (and yes, I mean the abolitionists who joined the union army, for the sake of abolition), as well as jayhawks and others. They were the ones who truly risked their lives for the righteous cause, which was ending slavery. Every one of these people, whose lives were ended by the musket ball or cannon of a confederate are an injustice.

I have no pity for any confederate soldier. At best they should have stayed out of the war.
    And then, after the Union was done forcing (muh states rights!) the south to treat black people like people, and lo and behold, some great black politicians came from the south, (and the race issue could have been solved then, in the 1870's) when it was under Union rule... ....once the Union gave the southern states their rights back, what did they do? Put down the black man... ...again.

But Americans are still too blind. They will defend these statues and that confederate flag, like they don't know what it represents to the "winners", who became the losers after the civil war losers got their "states rights" back.

So the agitation for divide and conquer has found its perfect home, in the destruction of confederate statues.
    This is how the deep state did in Ukraine as well. They had their neo-nazis go after Ukrainian soviet statues, and tear them down. This made the establishment/russian sympathizers/eastern ukrainians defend soviet statues, and therefore forced them to defend communism, which nobody in Ukraine really wanted to do, since Ukraine had a bad time with communism. Now the pro-russians are russian agents, and communists opposed to free trade with Europe... viola, nationalist Euro-maidan.

Same tactic being used here, oldest tactic in the book. Divide and conquer. By forcing white people and a smattering of others to defend confederate statues, they are forcing them to defend white racism. It is a losing proposition.

However....

I used to marvel at the genius of Putin. I used to wish the US had a leader as politically shrewd as he is.

Now we have Donald J. Trump. He is very different from Putin. Putin is methodical and political, trained in KGB political magic. Trump is evolved in the cauldron of New York back-knifing. By now, how Trump fights is pure instinct. If they ever even corner him, they will find him ten times more dangerous than he is now. I don't think they ever will corner him though. He is that good... ...and he has an army of fervent volunteers behind him.

And Trump does one thing by nature, and that is win. He knows the game being played right now. He will counter, and it will be a slow poison drip that the left will not even know they are infected with until it is too late. The beauty of this poison, is while the left focuses on the new found strength in its voice, the poison is in their knees. They will feel more and more bold in their voice, until their knees suddenly give, and they realize: they can't cash the checks their mouths were writing. They will be on the ground begging for their literal lives, and nobody likes beggars.

We have their playbook. And in usual deep state arrogance, they think they don't need to be sneaky, because they have the best technology. Time and time again, they have ignored reality. This will be the last time.

Says you. *yawn*

Yes, mmm hmmm. I see, and maybe a better use of negative space. And I would have chosen fuscia or perriwinkle. Also, I think it would be best to have trumps head in the lower right qudrant blowing left, since Americans see left as backwards. Perhaps have a poem from Mayou Angelo beneath. Make the waters stormier too. And mayeb some clouds in the sky. Instead of chalk, they should.....

...seriously, nobody cares what you think.
    always enjoy reading you. +1

I'll make Angela Rye a deal. We take down her symbols of historical slavery but at the same type we eliminate forms of actual current slavery. For example the income tax and discrimination laws.

Very apt, except I might have made Trump a bellows, with the MIC, Wall Street, the DNC, etc, working him.
    No it's not. I don't like Trump but he doesn't appear to be a racist.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I don't like Robert E. Lee. I am indifferent about whether he has a statue up. He means nothing to me. That isn't the issue. The issue is this is nothing burger. The press didn't give this kind of coverage to Obama who didn't condemn Black Lives Matter and Occupy Wall Street. 10 police officers have been shot by Black Lives Matter goons. Only 1 person was killed by a white supremacist. Ferguson, Milwaukee, and Charlotte had extensive damage done by Black Lives Matter rioters, who rioted over nothing. All three of those shootings were legitimate situations for officers to use lethal force. The press gave the assassination attempt on Steve Scalise and Republican Congressmen by a Bernie goon only a few days of extensive coverage and it was nowhere near to the extent of this. And there was almost no talk of the violent left, which is multiples larger than the violent right.

The left is made up of violent animals. These white supremacists are a much smaller fraction of the right. I hear endlessly about Colin Kaepernick. The guy wore a shirt praising Fidel Castro. The press acts like you are racist if you don't support a Communist sympathizer. A white guy in a Hitler shirt would rightly never play again and no one would question in it.
    Yes, the BLM types are monstrous.

My point was that their twins opponents in the brown shirts are equally so, and any libertarian sympathy for them is badly misplaced.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Racism, like any form of ignorance is a disease that can effect anybody. We should not let the left and right win with the us and them narratives. We should defend the first amendment the way we defend the second amendment, you can take it from my cold dead hands.
    Neither of the socialist gangs involved in this escalating street fight give a damn about free speech.

...and there is no reason for any libertarian to be defending/cheering/giving a damn about either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    No it's not. I don't like Trump but he doesn't appear to be a racist.
    The cartoon doesn't show Trump being a racist, it shows him fueling racist politics, and is therefore most apt.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Hey rev. Those advocating for world government, such as yourself, do not fit in the libertarian slot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rev3 loving world government.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	5833
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig von Mises, Liberalism, Ch. 3 Sec. 10
    But, for the liberal, the world does not end at the borders of the state. In his eyes, whatever significance national boundaries have is only incidental and subordinate. His political thinking encompasses the whole of mankind. The starting-point of his entire political philosophy is the conviction that the division of labor is international and not merely national. He realizes from the very first that it is not sufficient to establish peace with in each country, that it is much more important that all nations live at peace with one another. The liberal therefore demands that the political organization of society be extended until it reaches its culmination in a world state that unites all nations on an equal basis. For this reason he sees the law of each nation as subordinate to international law, and that is why he demands supranational tribunals and administrative authorities to assure peace among nations in the same way that the judicial and executive organs of each country are charged with the maintenance of peace within its own territory

The cartoon doesn't show Trump being a racist, it shows him fueling racist politics, and is therefore most apt.
    Just out of curiosity, what do you think he should do?

Apologize harder?

Have whoever that fellow was that was driving the Challenger drug out and dragged through the streets until dead, like they do in Haiti?

Or do like they do in modern day Germany and have him order the FBI to round up everybody that ever logged onto , say, StormFront?

I'm not trying to be a smart ass here, I'm asking, seriously.

And do you honestly think it would make the slightest difference?
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-18-2017 at 04:02 PM.

Just out of curiosity, what do you think he should do?
    Renounce all of his nationalistic policies and statements, acknowledge that he is an ignoramus and charlatan, and resign.

Renounce all of his nationalistic policies and statements, acknowledge that he is an ignoramus and charlatan, and resign.
    Gotcha.

I predict Trump or maybe governors putting up security around the monuments to statism in the not so distant future.

So it's not the substance of what he's done that bothers you, it's the style.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast