View Poll Results: Agree or Not

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

0 0%
  • Disagree

10 100.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why don't we use the military to build and repair roads etc. like the Romans?

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    after disbanding the standing armies?
    I don't think we should.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't think we should.
    What do you need them for? (If you care what the "founders" thought, you're only supposed to keep an army around during declared war) How are you going to pay for them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    What do you need them for? (If you care what the "founders" thought, you're only supposed to keep an army around during declared war) How are you going to pay for them?
    Only some of the founders thought that, and the founders were not perfect, I happen to disagree with those who were against a standing army. (see earlier in this thread where I discuss why)
    You would pay for them the same way you would pay for any government employees.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Only some of the founders thought that, and the founders were not perfect, I happen to disagree with those who were against a standing army. (see earlier in this thread where I discuss why)
    oic.Missed thatpart, thanks. I see from your posts you confuse “military” and“defense”. They're not necessarily the same (and usually aren't in Murica). That's the root of many of your errors.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

oic.Missed thatpart, thanks. I see from your posts you confuse “military” and“defense”. They're not necessarily the same (and usually aren't in Murica). That's the root of many of your errors.
    I confuse nothing, the military's legitimate purpose is defense, anything can be abused but that doesn't mean we don't need it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I confuse nothing, the military's legitimate purpose is defense, anything can be abused but that doesn't mean we don't need it.
    O rlly? Where would you cut the military budget in order to reduce it to "defense only"?

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    O rlly? Where would you cut the military budget in order to reduce it to "defense only"?
    ALL overseas bases is a good place to start, then reduce the size drastically, then go after the waste fraud and abuse, and I'm sure you could find more to cut.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Minimally?
    And why would govt hire anyone?

Servants should be elected to SERVE.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Minimally?
    And why would govt hire anyone?

Servants should be elected to SERVE.
    You are restricting political office to the RICH who can afford a hobby to satisfy their thirst for power, and you will simply not find anyone to take the lower level functionary jobs if you don't PAY them, they are servants not slaves.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You are restricting political office to the RICH who can afford a hobby to satisfy their thirst for power, and you will simply not find anyone to take the lower level functionary jobs if you don't PAY them, they are servants not slaves.
    Govt should work out of a "TIP" jar.. and not have a penny to spend otherwise.

And "job" that requires payment should NOT be done by govt.

Limited Government=very little

what part of that is hard to understand?

oh yeah,, Public service is a service.. not a job and not a career. It should be minimally paid (subsistence)
    Last edited by pcosmar; 08-20-2017 at 04:13 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Govt should work out of a "TIP" jar.. and not have a penny to spend otherwise.

And "job" that requires payment should NOT be done by govt.

Limited Government=very little

what part of that is hard to understand?

oh yeah,, Public service is a service.. not a job and not a career. It should be minimally paid (subsistence)
    Enjoy your fantasies.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Enjoy your fantasies.
    Not a Fantasy. It is an alternative. and perhaps an unlikely reality.

I expect to be stuck with authoritarianism however,, because too few are willing to live Free.

Hell,,most can't even THINK Free.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234